Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gardner for Koren Robinson Rumor?

dfbovey

Guest GIBBSisGOD

Well ... if the Seahawks are going to cut Robinson, why wouldn't we wait for them to cut him ... sign him to a small incentive-based contract than trade gardner to them for say a 3rd rounder? That way we don't have to worry about drafting a receiver and can focus on getting d-line help or cornerback help

Hasn't KR also been busted for smoking the ganga?

Even so, this is a swap that makes sense from the standpoint of moving two talented guys who may need a fresh start to their careers. I wouldn't hate the move, however it's certainly a risk.

Originally posted by Truant

Koren is far better than Rod and he'd be a vast improvement. No way Seattle does this.

Korean is just as good as rod, they even have the same strenths and weeknesses, there would be no point in this trade.

We clearly wouldn't do this deal. And it seems that Seattle would love to give us a 3rd rounder for gardner IF he agrees to a long term contract but not if he won't. Somehow gardner developed the impression that he doesn't pretty much s*ck and could get a $10+ million bonus next year and won't extend - so no one will trade for him. I sincerely hope we dump him somehow soon for a pick or a pick position swap etc on trade day.

Originally posted by demarc007

This is seriously wrong information guys. I was watching the clip and this is not a trade that is on the table. He said the Hawks are contemplating cutting Robinson and we have to wait until that's done before we can deal Gardener to them.

I don't think anyone's paying attention to facts on this thread...lol....it's more fun to run with the rumor.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Maybe it will help if someone yells it:

THIS WAS NOT WHAT WAS REPORTED!!!!

The Seahawks would cut Robinson and than POSSIBLY go after Gardner. The two ARE NOT talking a swap of WR's!!!

Hmm...

Nah...lol...I suspect that the very next post will be someone ripping the Skins FO for wanting to make this trade, and then will call for Gibbs to step down as team President while also calling for a "real" GM... :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Maybe it will help if someone yells it:

THIS WAS NOT WHAT WAS REPORTED!!!!

The Seahawks would cut Robinson and than POSSIBLY go after Gardner. The two ARE NOT talking a swap of WR's!!!

Well that put a screeching halt to the thread. However if Robinson where cut I would go after him. If this guy could get his head straight he would be one hell of a playmaker.

I bet due to this thread now, the Hawks would consider a swap :doh:

Robinson seems just as good as Gardner, I still believe Gardner has playmaking potential as well (remember those 40+ yard passes from Brunell last season?) I know its not a trade deal, but if it were, Id rather keep Gardner. Realize KoRo will want a big contract as well.

Originally posted by Danny Montana

50/50 for another 50/50?

Hey, if you could put those 2 together you could have a nice reciever. ;)

I'd rather have a draft pick.

That was my reaction... Robinson can't catch. Both players are equal it seems.:doh:

Originally posted by SilentSkin

No, he said that the Seahawks would have to dump (cut) Robinson and then maybe get Gardner. That's what I heard.

Exactly, that's how I heard it. The Seahawks would dump/release Robinson and then be interested in acquiring Gardner. As much as Gibbs has been stressing 'character' recently, I seriously doubt Robinson would fit the mold.

I find it funny how the majority (85%) of the posts I've seen on this matter in the last several week went from wanting at mininum a 2nd round pick for Gardner to now willing to take a 4th round pick! What a HUGE swing! Everyone needs to just think that their are 31 other teams out there that are also getting just as panicked as we are about getting rid of their fat. I think Gibbs has shown alot of patience and will get a decent swap come draft day. :wish:

Koren Robinson is way more talented than Gardner. He drops passes but all the ESPN's and Fox's they exaggerate the drops. Darrell Jackson dropped the real easy passes. But hey, Manley was a addict and he was a great football player. Robinson just likes weed, many of us can't fault him for that. :)

Archived