Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much woud you give to charity for a personal show by your favorite band?

jbooma

I ask this because today is Hootie and the Blowfish's big "Day after the Masters Golf Tournament" where they had a large silent auction and one of the gifts was a personal concert at your house by the band. They gave away two of them at $30K each(all of it is for charity), and John Daly was one of the winners.

How much would you donate for your favorite band?

$30K for one day? WOW!

On a recent episode of the Apprentice they had bids on following a band around for a week (can't remember which band agreed to that)...but that pulled in $17K...for a week.

I'd give $30K to charity if Shania would come for a day...I'm not really interested in hearing her sing...but what the hell...I'd do it for charity :)

id pay 30k for Dream Theater if I ever get married, id make up the money somehow. The reception will be open to non-invited guests at 50$ a person. I wish I had that kinda money.

However, some venues pay more for bands to play there, I have heard numbers as high as 100k. I know my school has paid upwards of 30k for some big bands such as 311 or Maroon 5/Less Than Jake, and someone in the music industry program told me that if we wanted John Mayer 2 years ago, that would have costed 50k.

I would pay Hootie $30k to stay the hell off my property :laugh:

as for a GOOD ( :) ) band playing at my house... that would be a little wierd, me just sitting there watching them play. What if they didn't like my wife's cooking, too? Too much pressure... way too much pressure. :laugh:

Archived