Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW Skins Trade In The Works

3CardMonte

9. Washington Redskins — CB Carlos Rogers, Auburn

A trade is said to be in the works that could go down in the next few days and affect the Redskins’ draft needs. The Redskins prefer established veterans over rookies. Rogers’ size, speed and experience could make him the first defender drafted.

This was posted this morning in PFW inner circle on there mock draft.

If we are taking a CB here could this trade be for Darren Howard?

3Card

If there is a trade in the works I doubt its' anything major. We have less than 2 million under the cap and not alot of room to sign draft picks, give Moss a new deal and then add someone else in a trade... especially if it's someone like Abraham who will want a monster contract. Same with Howard.

Not realistic.

Originally posted by FLSKINSFAN

Lets hope we got into the mix for Surtain.

Surtain is kinda old and above the kind of caliber of player we would need at that postition. Plus, we would end up with only one first day pick if we traded for him.

Because they have us going for Rogers the trade obviously wouldn't involve a CB. I think either Howard, Abraham, or Pryce whom the Broncos just got to renegotiate his deal. Strange sign for a guy they have been trying to trade all offseason.

Well....another possiblity is that the skins are interestd in trading for Pat Surtain. If the skins offered their 3rd round pick for Surtain, I wouldn't be opposed to us picking him up. He might be too expensive for the team in it's current cap situation, but he's a talent on par or better than Smoot. He's an experienced corner that has played on 'championship' calibur defenses in the past.

Darren Howard is interesting. I like the guy, but I'm not sure he's worth the money he wants (I'm not sure ANY of these guys are worth the money they want ;) ). He would certainly upgrade the defensive line, which seems to be an area the skins are wanting to upgrade (CB).

Another possiblity is a trade involving a swap of San Diego's pick at #12 and ours at #9. I personally would love for the skins to make this trade, contingent on Mike Williams not being at #9. If the skins could pick up a second and a 5th rounder, that would be nice. They could draft one of the corners if still available, the could draft Merriman if he's still there, they could also draft Williamson if he drops.....the possiblities are endless.

I can't say how impressed I am with the way the Skins FO is keeping tight lipped about all of our offseason moves / draft. It is such a nice change (although hard on the fans nerves) from the days of going after every Tom, Dick and Harry out there.....and EVERYONE knowing about it. Gibbs is going to turn this thing around, and when he does....he should be revered as the greatest coach of our time. Not just by skins fans, but by fat azzes like Pastabelly and King. :laugh:

Originally posted by FLSKINSFAN

I thought Pro Football Weekly was usually accurate. I know Pro Football Talk is a joke, but I didn't know Pro Football Weekly was.

Yeah, Pro Football Talk is usually way off base. Not sure how accurate PFW is, unless it comes from one of the major news sources I usully just shrug it off.

Originally posted by Oldskool

I cant see any player we can get for the #9 pick at the moment that would fit a need for us.

Howard and the #16 for the #9 is the only way id go here.

^^^ true that sounds about right/fair value and would address two needs.

Originally posted by teamcal00

Well....another possiblity is that the skins are interestd in trading for Pat Surtain. If the skins offered their 3rd round pick for Surtain, I wouldn't be opposed to us picking him up. He might be too expensive for the team in it's current cap situation, but he's a talent on par or better than Smoot. He's an experienced corner that has played on 'championship' calibur defenses in the past.

Darren Howard is interesting. I like the guy, but I'm not sure he's worth the money he wants (I'm not sure ANY of these guys are worth the money they want ;) ). He would certainly upgrade the defensive line, which seems to be an area the skins are wanting to upgrade (CB).

Another possiblity is a trade involving a swap of San Diego's pick at #12 and ours at #9. I personally would love for the skins to make this trade, contingent on Mike Williams not being at #9. If the skins could pick up a second and a 5th rounder, that would be nice. They could draft one of the corners if still available, the could draft Merriman if he's still there, they could also draft Williamson if he drops.....the possiblities are endless.

I can't say how impressed I am with the way the Skins FO is keeping tight lipped about all of our offseason moves / draft. It is such a nice change (although hard on the fans nerves) from the days of going after every Tom, Dick and Harry out there.....and EVERYONE knowing about it. Gibbs is going to turn this thing around, and when he does....he should be revered as the greatest coach of our time. Not just by skins fans, but by fat azzes like Pastabelly and King. :laugh:

Or gardner and #9 to the Chargers for #12 and #28

Gibbs is going to turn this thing around, and when he does....he should be revered as the greatest coach of our time. Not just by skins fans, but by fat azzes like Pastabelly and King. :laugh: [/b]

. . . I just spit my drink out again, nice one!:laugh:

Archived