Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW Skins Trade In The Works

3CardMonte

If we can trade Gardner and our #9 for the #12 and #28 I'd do that in a second and then perhaps trade away the #28 for a 2nd and a 3rd......that would be perfect....we'd be able to fill a need at CB with #12 and still have some options in the 2nd and 3rd.....more draft picks means more players for Gibbs to turn into hard working good players

Originally posted by Oldskool

I cant see any player we can get for the #9 pick at the moment that would fit a need for us.

Howard and the #16 for the #9 is the only way id go here.

Hmm... that'd be a pretty sweet deal. We should be able to get Williamson or Rogers at #16. Id definately do that.

If Seattle is still interested, why not take a chance and trade Rod for Koren Robinson....He has the potential and has produced before....Its low risk for us because all we'd be really sacrificing is the 4th rounder that we'd get for Gardner and we could cut Koren loose if he slips up again without the cap hit....

Originally posted by Skinned

Or gardner and #9 to the Chargers for #12 and #28

no way that's happening. we'll be lucky to get a third rounder for 50/50. the ninth pick and a third rounder isn't enough for two first round picks (at least not off the top of my head...i'm not using a points chart or anything).

Originally posted by SlobberKnockinFootball

Man, nobody has anything to say about this?? Did you guys fall asleep?

What is there to really say? It's the most vague rumor mill type reporting I've seen yet.

A possible trade in the works? I seriously doubt that the FO is sitting quietly doing nothing, but making phone calls and having conversations about current FA's, possible trades, and or draft picks has probably been going on since FA started. Doesn't mean a damn thing is going to happen though. With Gardner on the trading blocks, I'm sure we've heard a number of possible deals, so of course there are possible trades in the works. I COULD comment on all 15 million possibilities, but it's not really worth my time now is it?

Originally posted by DonMagicJuan

i just saw this too lol...thanks i guess? PETER JOHN RAMOS FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR! i think PJR should be a TE for us skins, hell, help both franchises while hes at it!

PJR is a beast. Grunfeld and EJ have been hiding him on the bench all year because they dont want to unveil him before the playoffs. Its a conspiracy, I swear! He's a Quadruple Double Threat!

Besides, he scored 5 points in 2 minutes the other night. If you extrapolate that out to just 30 minutes a game, PJR will score 75 points/game. My statistical analysis is irrefutable! :silly:

Wow, I just realized I sound just like ASF. :laugh:

Mock draft

Projections for the first round

By Nolan Nawrocki

April 8, 2005

1. San Francisco 49ers — QB Alex Smith, Utah

One thing is certain: If the 49ers cannot find a buyer to trade up, they will select a quarterback. If Smith happens to fall to No. 2 or No. 3, the Dolphins and Browns will not hesitate to take him. The coach who tried recruiting him to Louisville when his uncle, John L. Smith, headed the program was Dolphins offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. The Browns like Smith better than Rodgers. Smith’s upside and athletic ability are what separate him from Rodgers. Rodgers’ local roots should have absolutely nothing to do with the Niners’ decision. They must draft the player with the highest value, and the consensus from polling NFL decision-makers is that Smith is that guy, especially given the time Mike Nolan and Scot McCloughan have to build the team.

2. Miami Dolphins — RB Cedric Benson, Texas

If Saban follows in the footsteps of his former boss and good friend Bill Belichick, there is no reason to believe he will hesitate to draft Benson, the most naturally instinctive inside runner in this draft. Belichick has won three Super Bowls on the backs of players like Bryan Cox, Rodney Harrison and Corey Dillon. They all came with baggage, but good coaches know how to manage them. Based on game tape alone, many scouts agree that Benson is the draft’s most talented runner.

3. Cleveland Browns — WR Braylon Edwards, Michigan

The Browns may have more pressing needs to fill in the trenches, after shipping most of their defensive line to Denver and struggling on the offensive line for years, but there is not a lineman in this draft worthy of the No. 3 pick. Finding an interested buyer to trade down will be difficult and could force the Browns to draft the best player, who some teams believe is Edwards.

4. Chicago Bears — RB Carnell Williams, Auburn

At the Combine, Ronnie Brown gained momentum and moved ahead of Carnell Williams on some draft boards around the league. After teams reconvened to review game tape and re-stack their boards in recent weeks, it is clear why Williams has regained position. He started ahead of Brown and was the Tigers’ preferred back of choice in short-yardage situations. He plays bigger than his size and broke more tackles as senior than Thomas Jones likely did in his entire career at Virginia. Jones runs around tacklers. Williams sometimes runs around them too, but he takes more pride in running through them, much like Sweetness did.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — RB Ronnie Brown, Auburn

Some scouts say Brown may have the best hands of not only any back in the draft, but any player. He is a gifted athlete who would give Jon Gruden the flexibility he desires to be very creative drawing up plays and fills a pressing need. Aaron Rodgers could be very intriguing at this spot, provided a team doesn’t move up to get him at No. 4, a spot at which the Bears would love to trade down.

6. Tennessee Titans — WR Mike Williams, USC

GM Floyd Reese may be making the final decision, but heavy input will come from former USC Trojan and current head coach Jeff Fisher and Williams’ former offensive coordinator Norm Chow, whom Fisher hired to replace Mike Heimerdinger. Drew Bennett may not be even a No. 3 receiver for most teams, and Tyrone Calico is coming off knee surgery, has never been able to stay healthy and is still unproven. Finding a way to please Steve McNair after convincing him to return for another season will be important, and if the Titans can’t find a willing partner to trade down so they can add an offensive tackle, expect the Titans to fill their huge void at receiver with this pick and then nab a cornerback in the second round. Chow knows how to use the whole field and will find ways to exploit Williams’ size and hands, especially in the red zone.

7. Minnesota Vikings (from Oakland) — WR Troy Williamson, South Carolina

Williamson will not be available when the Vikings select again at No. 18. The reason the Vikings have so effectively run the ball in the past is because defenses could not stack eight men in the box with Randy Moss in the slot drawing double coverage. Williamson has the type of speed to scare defenses the same way.

8. Arizona Cardinals — QB Aaron Rodgers, California

Cornerback is a more pressing need, but if Denny Green improves this franchise the way he predicts, the Cardinals will not be drafting in such a high spot again soon, so he may want to land a top quarterback now. Josh McCown hits the open market next year and has yet to earn the confidence of Green, and Rodgers could be groomed behind Kurt Warner.

9. Washington Redskins — CB Carlos Rogers, Auburn

A trade is said to be in the works that could go down in the next few days and affect the Redskins’ draft needs. The Redskins prefer established veterans over rookies. Rogers’ size, speed and experience could make him the first defender drafted.

10. Detroit Lions — OLB Derrick Johnson, Texas

The Lions have a history of drafting Longhorns, with three starters — DE Cory Redding, DT Shaun Rogers and WR Roy Williams — hailing from Texas. Johnson would be an ideal fit in the Lions’ defense, where he would be protected by Shaun Rogers and Dan Wilkinson and would not be asked to take on a lot of blocks.

11. Dallas Cowboys — FS-CB Antrel Rolle, Miami (Fla.)

Losing Darren Woodson was a major blow to the Cowboys’ secondary, and with no true cover safeties in this draft, Rolle could move inside and combine with Roy Williams to form one of the most physical safety tandems in the league. His five career interceptions and lack of speed are what could keep him out of the top 10.

12. San Diego Chargers (from N.Y. Giants) — DE Shawne Merriman, Maryland

Merriman is a rare physical specimen who will be overdrafted for his athletic ability. Having added nearly 30 pounds following the season without losing a step and having played in one of only two college programs to have run the 3-4 as its base defense, Merriman would be a great fit in San Diego.

13. Houston Texans — OLT Alex Barron, Florida State

The Texans’ attempt to sign Orlando Pace showed how serious they were about improving the OLT position, where Seth Wand has been overmatched. Barron has rare talent and simply needs to be coached.

14. Carolina Panthers — OLB Demarcus Ware, Troy

Some teams consider Ware to be the top pass rusher in this draft, and his versatility will improve his draft value. Julian Peterson was drafted 16th in 2000 in a much stronger draft. Don’t be surprised if Ware, who is similar athletically, comes off sooner, especially to a team in position to draft the best available player.

15. Kansas City Chiefs — DE David Pollack, Georgia

With Patrick Surtain expected to join the team via trade and a veteran presence being most needed in the secondary, finding an upgrade for DE Eric Hicks could take precedence among the Chiefs’ top needs, and Pollack has the type of personality that Dick Vermeil will fall in love with. His relentless motor and great instincts impress team brass even more than his never-say-die attitude.

16. New Orleans Saints — OLT Khalif Barnes, Washington

Wayne Gandy is not getting any younger. Jermane Mayberry could move inside and allow Barnes to develop on the right side for a year before eventually shifting to left tackle.

17. Cincinnati Bengals — DE-DT Marcus Spears, LSU

Don’t be surprised if the Bengals seek to trade down as they did last year, but with the size to help at tackle or end, Spears will be very attractive to head coach Marvin Lewis.

18. Minnesota Vikings — DE Erasmus James, Wisconsin

As far as pure pass rushers in this draft, James is as good as any when he is healthy. Kenechi Udeze fell to the Vikings two spots lower a year ago, much further than his talent warranted, because of injuries. The Vikings could reap the rewards of James’ injury history this year, provided he can stay healthy.

19. St. Louis Rams — ORT Jammal Brown, Oklahoma

With Kyle Turley not returning, the Rams have a major need on their offensive line, and Brown’s stock is on the rise. After Barron, Barnes and Brown, the depth of the OT class drops off considerably, which will likely force all three to be drafted close to one another. As soon as one comes off the board, a run will start on the others.

20. Dallas Cowboys (from Buffalo) — WR Mark Clayton, Oklahoma

Bill Parcells liked Terry Glenn enough to draft him seventh overall in 1996 despite his lack of size. If he could land Clayton at No. 20, Parcells would have to be elated. Clayton is the most polished receiver in the draft and could turn out to be a tremendous value.

21. Jacksonville Jaguars — SS-OLB Thomas Davis, Georgia

If the Jaguars could find a way to move Donovin Darius on Draft Day, as they have been trying to do with the disgruntled veteran for several years, Davis could start right away in his place. He could also fill a role as an interchangeable linebacker.

22. Baltimore Ravens — CB-RS Adam "Pac-Man" Jones, West Virginia

The Ravens just signed Samari Rolle, but he has struggled to stay healthy. The Ravens do not have great depth at the position with Deion Sanders possibly retiring for good and Dale Carter missing last season because of an injury. Every year, a player tends to slip in the draft, and Jones’ lack of size, average pro-day workout and questionable character are all reasons he is sliding down draft boards. Leave it to the Ravens to recognize value, having less regard for character than many teams.

23. Seattle Seahawks — CB Fabian Washington, Nebraska

Free-agent acquisition Kelly Herndon was not paid No. 2 CB money and would be most ideal as a No. 3 cornerback. The Seahawks love speed, and Washington has plenty of it, registering sub-4.3 40-times at the Combine.

24. Green Bay Packers — FS-CB Marlin Jackson, Michigan

Losing Darren Sharper and Bhawoh Jue was a big blow to the Packers’ secondary. Jackson could help at safety or cornerback, another thin area where help is needed.

25. Denver Broncos — DT Travis Johnson, Florida State

Overlooking character concerns has become a more common occurrence in Denver, and Johnson gives the Broncos a penetrating, disruptive interior force.

26. New York Jets — TE Heath Miller, Virginia

After losing Anthony Becht to Tampa Bay in free agency, the Jets have a gaping hole at tight end, and Miller would be an ideal fit in the Jets’ West Coast offense.

27. Atlanta Falcons — FS Brodney Pool, Oklahoma

The Falcons could use a true center fielder, which neither recent signee Ronnie Heard nor Rich Coady is. Pool is the most athletic safety in the draft and should not make it out of the first round.

28. San Diego Chargers — WR Roddy White, UAB

Despite resigning Keenan McCardell, the Chargers let Tim Dwight leave, and Reche Caldwell is coming off a serious knee injury. A vertical threat who can stretch the field would open up the Chargers’ passing game.

29. Indianapolis Colts — NT-DT Luis Castillo, Northwestern

Castillo would be a classic Bill Polian pick — a smart, hardworking, relentless overachiever. And he would be ideal in the Colts’ one-gap defense.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers — TE-WR Matt Jones

The Steelers have had a lot of success converting players to the slot. See Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle-El. With tight ends being numbered in this draft, Jones could be the second one drafted and give defensive coordinators headaches trying to figure out how to stop him.

31. Philadelphia Eagles — DE Justin Tuck, Notre Dame

There is an excellent chance the Eagles will package some of their 13 picks in this draft to move up and select the defensive lineman of their choice in the mid-teens, the same way they have done the last two years. Youth is needed off the edge, and Tuck has some similarities to Jevon Kearse, provided the Eagles stay put in this spot.

32. New England Patriots — OLB Kevin Burnett, Tennessee

Athletic ability, intelligence and versatility are all marks of a Bill Belichick-Scott Pioli selection. Burnett possesses those traits and could provide much-needed depth at linebacker.

Originally posted by DonMagicJuan

there wack, even the sports junkies were trashing them saying they are always wrong

i'll believe it when i hear it/see it...

That guy is 19 years old (damn, I don't want to begin to know the life hes led, he looks 45.

Did anyone see his spin move on that scrub # 2 pick overall lwhite guy from Detroit!!!

I also remember him coming during a mopup loss against Miami and scoring 9 pts in like 3 minutes. I think if the wiz clinch (still see them losing out and not making it) he should see more pt!!!

PJR and Ghorgie are the 2 ugliest centers to ever play in the NBA and that fat guy we traded Ben Wallace (Ike Austin, memory slipped )

Archived