Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

hasselbeck visiting teams!!!!!!

bsmsss

Can someone spare a dime for brother?

He watched as brother Matt Hasselbeck got a huge new deal from the Seahawks (including a $16 million signing bonus), but restricted free agent Tim Hasselbeck is also getting some interest. He was off for a visit with an undisclosed team this weekend. No, it wasn't the Patriots.

Hasselbeck received a low tender of $680,000 from the Redskins, which might help him get a backup job with another team, since there would be no compensation due. It is also in Hasselbeck's favor that he has played a bit, starting three games in 2003.

Hasselbeck lives in New York on the West Side with his wife, Elisabeth (Filarski), of "Survivor" fame and "The View." The couple is expecting their first child any day.

While last season was frustrating for the players and coaches in Washington, Hasselbeck has a lot of admiration for coach Joe Gibbs.

"No matter how bad things were, Gibbs won't let you give up," said Hasselbeck. "I think Joe is always looking for ways to improve the situation for players. He just brought in Bill Musgrave to be our quarterback coach, and even though Musgrave comes from a totally different coaching tree, Joe wants to bring in new ideas and new ways of doing things."

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2005/03/20/inside_look_at_linebackers?pg=3

Hasselback is underrated. Given some help, he could even win us some games in a pinch. Sorry to differ, but if he had 1/2 the arm Ramsey did, he'd be starting in my opinion.

You never need a 3rd string QB until you need him. We'd be lucky to have him at #3.

Originally posted by Tarhog

You never need a 3rd string QB until you need him. We'd be lucky to have him at #3.

I thought the same thing. Hasselbeck is a good qb and is a good #3 for us (I actually think he should've been put ahead of Brunell after last year). Whatever happened to Hamdan?...I know he played in the NFLE but never heard how he did.

Originally posted by jwebst1

:laugh: she is ridiculously hot, isn't she....

Not as hot as Lavar's new wife....but I digress...

If Gibbs is willing to let him go, then Gibbs didn't see anything worth keeping. Looks like he'll be drafting a QB.

Why wouldn't Hasslebeck want out of DC? He would be stuck behind two QB's who may or may not be any better than he is on this team. He has no chance of moving up the depth chart. He would be playing on a team going nowhere, fast. If he can get the same money and maybe have a chance to play his way into the No. 2 QB position on a team, why wouldn't he jump at it?

Yeah I'd like to have him here as well...stranger things happen sometimes and it's nice to have a 3rd stringer that has started and showed some promise.

Even worse...we're one injury away from Brunell being the starter again(I hope he has more left than he showed). I think you almost have to look at a QB late in the draft, someone that can be developed.

Archived