Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terry Orr

Buck812

And let's not forget that it was his work underneath that pile after Ricky Sanders' fumble of a kickoff in Super Bowl XXII that possibly saved us from falling into a 17-0 deficit against Denver. If Orr doesn't get to that ball -- or at least make way for one of his teammates to recover it -- there is no Doug Williams 2nd quarter magic.

I was a big fan of Terry Orr. One of my childhood redskin memories was him catching a halfback option TD pass from Ernest Byner in a December game. (I want to say 90 or 91) I know it was a Saturday game, because it was on in New Jersey, and that doesn't happen very oftern.

Originally posted by Buck812

Nope...not a girl. Just met an an ex Redskin in Austin Texas in a bar on St Pattys day. Doesnt happen here to often. Socialized a bit and he handed me his card, said call and we'll hang out. Damn..was it a crime?

no not a crime..but a little...hmmmm:tongue: :moon: :nono:

*lol* j/k that's cool you met a ex skin though. Yeah Terry Orr was a core skins guy that was super smart and played his guts out.

Originally posted by TheDane

Touchdown Terry Orr. Man, I miss that guy...

1988. 11 catches, two touchdowns, 20 yards per catch

1991. 10 catches, four touchdowns, 20 yards per catch

1992. 22 catches, three touchdowns, 16 yards per catch

:point2sky

You can tell by his yards per catch that a pass to Terry was one of Gibbs' element of surprise plays. Whenever he caught a pass, it seemed like the defense didn't bother to account for him and he was wide open.

Originally posted by hercules

You can tell by his yards per catch that a pass to Terry was one of Gibbs' element of surprise plays. Whenever he caught a pass, it seemed like the defense didn't bother to account for him and he was wide open.

I thought it was because of his blazing speed. ;)

I remember attending a game vs. the Steelers in '88 at RFK where the 'Skins were just inside Steeler territory and it was 4th and short, and they put in their Jumbo package only to play-action to Orr for a big gain.

Yeah....you nailed it - how long's it been since we've seen a Redskin QB that pumped up. That clips what its all about, the sheer glory of making the perfect play and winning big.

I have a mental image of Patrick doing something similar. And sooner than we think.

I remember his game against the Rams in 91 that won the division.

Terry Orr is one of those "true Redskin" types that Gibbs talks about, Not necessarily the biggest name, not the greatest stats, but quietly did his job and when called upon, stepped up and made the play...

Jus for any of you young fellers out there who may not recall

:D

~Bang

Not to rain on the Terry Orr lovefest because I thought he was a great player for us, but didn't he get in some legal trouble a few years ago for allegedly ripping off some ex Redskins in a busines/investment venture.

I remember hearing something about that and will try and look it up.

But during that stretch from 1990-1992 he was a very solid contributer for us

You want it SHF....you got it

http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/USNewsWorldReport/2002/02/11/2254

n some cases, former players use their friendships to bilk their old teammates. Former tight end Terry Orr was sentenced to 14 months in prison last August for defrauding a Georgia businessman and three former Washington Redskin teammates, including Art Monk, one of the greatest wide receivers in NFL history. Each of the players invested $50,000 in Orr's failed shoe company. Prosecutors say Orr diverted most of the money to pay personal debts.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6512&highlight=terry+orr

:)

Well the timing of the sentencing was during the Atlanta game, and Atlanta is where the crime took place. From FOX Sports

Terry Orr gets 14 months in prison

August 17, 2001

Alexandria, Va. (AP) – Former Washington Redskins tight end Terry Orr was sentenced to 14 months in prison Friday for wire fraud.

In May, Orr pleaded guilty to skimming $60,000 from an Atlanta businessman who invested in Questar Holdings, a shoe company Orr operated. In court Friday, he acknowledged three former teammates were also scammed.

Art Monk, Brian Mitchell and Raleigh McKenzie each invested $50,000 in the shoe company. But according to court documents, Orr diverted much of the cash to cover his mortgage and other debts.

“I take full responsibility,” Orr initially told U.S. District Court Judge T.S. Ellis III, but then said he had “too much trust in some people.”

That prompted Ellis to tell him that it was “malarkey” to blame others.

Orr was also ordered to pay restitution.

None of the players, nor the businessman, James Sowersby, were in court

Archived