Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Radio: Burress Talking With Philly

Are you sick of the Mike Williams hype??  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are you sick of the Mike Williams hype??

• Yes
    • No

Burress to Philly would be a one-year type deal I imagine as Philly has the cap room to make a one-year deal attractive to Burress since he's not getting the major money elsewhere. This would make the Eagles offense very dangerous.

One thing you could always be critical of with the Eagles is they wouldn't go downfield with the ball. Last year they probably went downfield more than any team I've ever seen. You add Burress and an already very good offense does become rather potent.

Assuming they don't lose Westbrook, that would be one hell of an offense in Philly. I guess since Burress isn't getting the kind of offers he thought he would, he's willing to settle for less just to stick it to the Steelers by signing with their in state rivals.

Sean Taylor already owns TO and Peekaboo, he now has to acquaint himself with Plexiglass.:D

Originally posted by FLSKINSFAN

Burress would be a big addition, but I think a consistent running game is what the Eagles are really missing. They can add all the receivers they want, until they get a consistent running game, they will still be one step short.

I'm assuming Philly thinks a healthy Buck will provide that.

Let them have him...he'll tear up about 7 games and make us all tremble and then disappear for the remainder...it'll be like a more expensive version of Pinkston and Mitchell combined....

And the minute things get tough T.O. and Burress will be in each others faces with poor Donovan in the middle.

Guest GIBBSisGOD

Everybody says how good they would be and i would have to agree but i remember reading a thing about TO saying he wasn't getting enough balls thrown at him towards the end of his season (before his injury) and imagine how many less he would get with burress opposite him and lewis emerging as a slot receiver.

jimster,

You hit it on the head. I read on espn that he is going to have to wait five days before anything can be discussed. He isn't going to be doing this on his own without an agent and Rosenhaus won't become his agent for another five days.

After that, I expect the Giants to get back into it since Harrison seemed to be the problem.

If he goes to the Eagles, the Giants, Skins, and Cowboys will be fighting it out for a wildcard spot again.

And to say that you don't care he is going to the Eagles because you guys have a great D is being a bit naieve. What about the other fourteen opponenets? So you guys handle the Eagles and let's say you beat them once, that makes them what? 15-1 or 14-2? You can't look at it as just being two games against you guys. Not everyone has a defense like the Redskins. And there is still question whether or not the Skins defense will suffer any from losing Pierce and Smoot plus the health of Barrow.

Burress going to the Eagles isn't something we should just put aside and take lightly. This would suck. Plain and simple.

Archived