Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How come the Giants are not "buying" a championship?

mhd24

Everyone was syaing this after 2003 off-season.

We signed Hall, they signed Feely. We signed Thomas, they signed Mckenzie. We signed Coles, they will probably sign Burress. We signed Bowen and Upshaw, they signed Pierce. Again the media has a bias.

because of our tendancy to do this every season, except this one. Though now its more like 'the skins overpaid to get rid of someone', which is actually pretty true, thats what sucks even more. I remember reading the article posted yesterday about the winners and losers of FA, obviously the winners were whoever got more players, yet last season i dont quite remember hearing the same.

It is all about reputation. Snyder starting doing this right away so it looked like a young rich kid who is trying to buy a whole bunch of toys.

The Giants never spend money on free agents. This is the first offseason they have done anything like this. That is probably why they aren't even really being talked about.

Because the Giants and Cowboys came into free agency with plenty of cap room. All they are doing is spending some. THe Giants have not thrown around mega-bonus contracts that will result in huge amounts of dead money down the road.

The Giants have not resturctured 5 veteran contracts to free up room by moving cap hits into future years, etc.

There's a difference between spending money you have available and borrowing large amounts of future money to sign guys today.

Just my two cents.

It looks like doing what's neccessary to improve your team. When you think about it, everyone's out to buy a championship. The best players don't play on pennies, and your system is only as good as the players making it work. Kudos to both team for doing what they can to keep up in their division.

Originally posted by mhd24

Everyone was syaing this after 2003 off-season.

We signed Hall, they signed Feely. We signed Thomas, they signed Mckenzie. We signed Coles, they will probably sign Burress. We signed Bowen and Upshaw, they signed Pierce. Again the media has a bias.

Bias my ***. Maybe its because Danny Snyder every year seems to do this, and get burned in the process. Im sure if the giants went on a free-agency bonanza every year and come up short every year, you'd be hearing the same about them.

I cant believe that all of you think there's some sort of BIAS against the skins. Its like a giant, collective, persecution complex.

Originally posted by Mister Happy

The Cowboys did. Bledsoe is 33. Rivera is 33 in April. Ferguson is 31 in November. Even Anthony Henry is 29 in November.

Since when is 30 old? or 28?

When they aren't redskins, that's when.

Who cares if Rivera is old, hes coming off something like 3 straight probowls (maybe two). You'd hardly call him BRUCE SMITH or DEION SANDERS, two aging vets in obvious decline, now would you?

Archived