Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Coles fails the physical...

skinsfan12

...then what happens? Can the Jets just disregard the results of the physical and sign Coles anyway? Is there an NFL regulation that requires a player to pass the physical in these trades? If the trade falls through, what are the Skins' options? Is the physical even close to a potential deal breaker?

Originally posted by skinsfan12

...then what happens? Can the Jets just disregard the results of the physical and sign Coles anyway? Is there an NFL regulation that requires a player to pass the physical in these trades? If the trade falls through, what are the Skins' options? Is the physical even close to a potential deal breaker?

Even if they were still allowed to sign him I imagine they'd use it as leverage to bring his value down and try to get a better deal. I don't know what the rules are though.

Originally posted by Warhead36

wouldn't he be required to do surgery on it with us?

I'm not sure if anyone can be required to have surgery...hence the delay in getting the toe fixed this offseason. The Skins certainly wanted Coles to have surgery but couldn't make it a requirement.

Originally posted by riggins44

Nothing short of death will keep him from passing the physical. In reading and listening to the press, the Jets need some good

news after being raided this week. Bringing Coles back will

give them a much needed PR boost.

Nothing short of death

No joke.

The Jets WANT this deal to be complete.

So, I am beginning the OFFICIAL GOOD BYE to Coles.

Everyone join in the wave!!

wildcrew.JPG

Blondie

Originally posted by skinsfan12

I'm not sure if anyone can be required to have surgery...hence the delay in getting the toe fixed this offseason. The Skins certainly wanted Coles to have surgery but couldn't make it a requirement.

Well, Gibbs could require him to and if he doesn't threaten to bench, trade, cut, fine. things like that. (Not including the fact he wanted to be traded)

Archived