Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think we got lucky with Fred Smoot this year... so far at least

Taco Bell

I think because of Smoot's open statements that he wants to stay a Redskin and the fact that he'd accept 2 million less from the Redskins than any other team is actually going to be the fact why we keep him, even though it my just be rhetoric. There were/are many young corners with tremendous upside going into this FA so no team wanted to be the one to try to pursue Smoot and fail to get their CB... He's a Redskin. Anyone else agree?

Originally posted by Taco Bell

I think because of Smoot's open statements that he wants to stay a Redskin and the fact that he'd accept 2 million less from the Redskins than any other team is actually going to be the fact why we keep him, even though it my just be rhetoric. There were/are many young corners with tremendous upside going into this FA so no team wanted to be the one to try to pursue Smoot and fail to get their CB... He's a Redskin. Anyone else agree?

Sorry Chilupa, but Fred has made it clear for two years now that he wants to get paid. He's gone IMO.

LMAO.

Come on guys... you really need to take these "I'm a core Redskin" and "I want to be a Redskin for life" comments with a grain of salt.

I don't remember the last Redskin that hasn't said that.

In fact, I think every agent that takes on a Redskin player as a client is obligated to coach the player to say that as a ploy to open negotiations. :)

Its pretty simple. We haven't yet seen evidence of any team other than the Panthers willing to shell out 11 or more in SB to a cornerback. KC will probably exceed that in their offer to Samari Rolle, but not by much. The list of suitors on the market is shrinking by the minute, especially if the Ravens sign Kelly Herndon to an offer sheet.

Originally posted by TheREALJBird

I get the feeling that we will keep smoot, i think that something would of been done by now if a team really wanted him.

The team has made an offer. That shows they want him back.

Do they "really want him back" at any cost?

No.

Blondie

You have to say im a core guy, and i wanna be a skin for life, because if you say the opposite, then you arent gettin beans.

If antonio wanted to be a skin that bad he would have taken our offer that was only a 2-3 million less the NYG. Obviously he didnt need to be in B&G that bad.

Archived