Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Self-Intro

rtandler

Hi,

I'm Rich Tandler, new to this board, so I though I'd take a moment to say hello.

Been a fan since 1967, when my Dad took me to see the Skins lose a heartbreaker to Dallas at then-DC Stadium.

I've spent the last several years writing a book about the Redskins that is on the verge of being ready for publicaiton. The short answer to "What's it about" is "Every game the Redskins have ever played." For the long answer, and to find out when it will be ready to sell, visit the book's Website at www.redskinsatoz.com

I look forward to joining in to the discussion around here.

I don't consider preseason games to be anything more than glorified practices, although they can be a hell of a lot of fun to go to. So, no, they are not included among the 925 games chronicled in my "Extreme" book.;)

I like rtandler already. :laugh:

I've been following the work in pogress version, I believe, a year and a half ago. I referred to it often, when doing trivia posts. Finally, I can get my very own copy!

Welcome and hope to see a published work of yours.

Welcome, Rich - I was on the old AOL board -then a bunch of us went private with A Clayman, Tanner and others. I think that is when you joined that group. Weren't you involved on a radio show in Richmond at one time?

I've been with the Redskins Review radio show here in Richmond for the past three seasons. It's a year to year deal, so we don't know about the coming season yet.

Still talking Redskins with AClayman, Hugh and some others, too.

I admit that that was a nice piece you wrote on the 1942 NFL championship game against the Bears. Since my memory always seems to fail me when I need it most, it will be nice to have a true historian around here. Welcome.

That '42 Championship game is one of the greates upsets that nobody ever hears about. It's on a par with Jets over Colts in Super Bowl III. I didn't even realize the magnitude of it until I started research for this book.

For my money, it's the greatest Redskins game ever. The Bears had just destroyed everyting in their path all year, nobody gave the Skins any chance, but they pulled it out.

At the risk of being accused of more SSP (that's shameless self-promotion), there's the link to my writeup of that game:

http://www.redskinsatoz.com/Games/About%20Games/abbears12.13.42.htm

Ah, don't take Art's post the wrong way Rich. It's very very odd to have anything promoted on this board besides members Skins sites. If you have lurked here a bit, you know what I'm saying.

Looks like a book I'll also have to get my hands on.:cool:

Welcome abord

:cheers:

I didn't take Art's post wrong, I'm very glad he challenged me. I would have been suspiscous of my introduction post as well.

From what I see, this forum is about telling it like you see it. I have no doubt that I have a book that most of the people on this board would love to own. I'll express that opinion loud and proud every chance I get. I will also express my opinion on matters unrelated to Redskins history. If I am to be welcomed as a member in good standing on this board, I have to show that I'll do that on a regular basis.

I look forward to that. It looks like it will be a lot of fun.:cheers:

As you have been reading on our board, we cover a-lot of OT non-Redskins items. Star Wars = The end of film making, The art of fighting, Politics, 80s music, even a confusing post of one of our "Wacky" members dying??!... and that's just within the last couple of days.

Welcome aboard.

Archived