Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins close to landing Charles Woodson?

SoCalRaider

I'm gathering that the general feeling here is that "Just say no" to Woodson seems to be the order of the day. I agree...not only because of his baggage but I think he was tagged by Oakland...I am not willing to give up 2 #1's to Al Davis & Norv Turner.

Originally posted by Skins4SB

I heard about the Raiders revoking the tag on Woodson. One of the topics here stated that.

Oh really? well in that case...if it is true...nah I still don't want the Skins to sign him. Too much baggage & at times his attitude sucks. He got Callahan fired (basically) 1 year after the Super Bowl.

And if it's not...this guy is not worth 2 #1's (giving one of our #1's to Norv just feels so wrong on so many levels).

I think there may be a clause that states that if the team signs the player before the start of Free Agency, then the team can revoke the tag assigned to the player. Woodson still signed with the Raiders, so if a deal were to be made, we would have to negotiate with both the Raiders and with Woodson because I am sure he would want more than just the one year 10M amount. Don't do it .. he is a Leon type player.

Originally posted by ECU-ALUM

Oh really? well in that case...if it is true...nah I still don't want the Skins to sign him. Too much baggage & at times his attitude sucks. He got Callahan fired (basically) 1 year after the Super Bowl.

And if it's not...this guy is not worth 2 #1's (giving one of our #1's to Norv just feels so wrong on so many levels).

Callahan deserved to get fired. He lost control of that team and led Nebraska to their first losing season in, sheesh, ages. But back on topic, Woodson IS somewhat of a headcase. BUT IF he can come at less than $10 Million (which I doubt) THEN I wouldn't mind too much of bringing him in. ELSE no way. He's better than Smoot but Smoot would do better for us.

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!....................................Oops. Sorry.

I think what I meant was, let's just sign OUR guys and let 'em play another year together. Anyone walks, they walk. It's truly the PROGRAM now. Not the "playah."

Signing Woodson would be a colossal mistake. The guy is one of the most overrated players in the league and he makes a bunch of penalties too.

He's been getting by in this league because of the scowl he keeps on his face. It has some people fooled like he was doing something on the field. He's constantly getting burned.

We need to stay far, far away from Mr. Woodson.

Originally posted by zoony

Seems awfully speculative... but thanks for posting.

(I don't think we could afford Woodson, either.)

Sure we could afford him. We would offer a huge contract and signing bonus and switch contracts on him before he signs. Poston doesn't know how to read contracts anyways.:doh:

Woodson would be a great pickup, but he's old and he's been, at best, mediocre for the last couple seasons. We won't need Woodson or Rolle if we re-sign Smoot, so it's all a mute situation for now. We'll see if Smoot re-signs first.

Lates.

Archived