Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT : OT threads

Mickalino

I don't now. I dont' really look at the other sections on the board other than the main forum, so I tend to post OT pieces here that I think may interest and motivate some discussion or comment.

Does anyone else look through the other venues as well as the Fed Ex forum regularly (other than the board monitors)?

I used to not go to the other forums as well. But there is some pretty interesting stuff over there, at least in tailgate. OT threads don't bother me so much now in the off season, but come meat and potatos time...I just prefer they are posted in the tailgate.

There really isn't a difference Mick, IMHO. There is alot more traffic over here in Fed Ex than over in Tailgate. I can only guess that theat may be one of the reasons some OT subjects are posted here instead. Another reason could be that more than one poster is like B.D. They just don't frequent the place.

Speaking of which, BD,(and others) I spend alot of time on Tailgate, and there is alot to talk about over there. Hey, if you're a football junky like the rest of us, but only want to discuss all things Redskins and football, then you may just want to stay here. However, if you want to talk about a variety of OT subjects,or need a brain pit stop, Tailgate is the place to go. Anything from some great pictures of the fairer sex, (Om, don't let Jacs find out :D ), to media bias and Isreal is discussed. From Black holes and the Hubble telescope, to Huuuuge debates on religion. Sometimes some pretty heady stuff. I like it for all that and because I can find out something(s) more about many of our fellow posters. That cannot be a bad thing. Some of you guys missed some great fireworks with Kefka. Whew. Pay a visit sometime. Ernesto makes some mean poppers. :D

No real difference. OT threads are generally going to get moved over to the Tailgate if they start popping a lot of traffic and never leaving the front page. But, those that only have a couple of hits and replies will die slowly and there's no need to move it. It's pretty much nothing different. Just depends on how we feel any given day :)

I used to not go to the other forums as well. But there is some pretty interesting stuff over there, at least in tailgate. OT threads don't bother me so much now in the off season, but come meat and potatos time...I just prefer they are posted in the tailgate.

Works for me :cheers:

Football news these days is mostly wild speculation. It's fun and all but till pre-season I don't mind the distractions.

well, this is also a busy time of year with the NBA and NHL playoffs going on and baseball starting up as well..............

at least in other cities :)

The Wizards never seem to make the playoffs, the Capitals never seem to win in the playoffs and the DC area doesn't have a baseball team so....................

THEY ARE ALL GOING TO BE OT POSTS :laugh:

The distinction is fine, but important.

An acceptable OT post on this board is one that holds my interest. (e.g. pics of Salma Hayek on trampolines)

OT posts that don't pique my interest (e.g. 'Hey guys...check out Alan Greenspan's new prediction!') belong on the Tailgate.

I used to have my bookmark at Fed Ex and never stray. Not any more. The Tailgate is often quite interesting and I find myself checking in most every time I visit.

As for the OT posts in Fed Ex ... doesn't bother me a bit even during the season. Quite frankly, they are often more interesting then the latest Skins news on slow days.

It's all good. :)

Archived