Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Westbrook KOTC

DrBoogerLips

Originally posted by jimster

is tap out like a KO?

No. A KO is when a fighter is unable to go on with the fight on his on. A Tap Out (or TO) is when the fighter voluntarily submits as he believes he cannot win. In a KO, you are counted out. You are given a certain amount of time to be able to show the ref that you can, in fact, go on. Once the countdown is over, the fight is over & ruled a KO, even if the fighter isn't really "knocked out." A TO ends the fight immediately with the fighter fully aware of what he is doing. Usually, a TO is 3 to 4 taps. You can tap anything. The other fighter, the ropes or fence, the mat. Anything that is available, but it has to be a certain number of taps before the ref will end the fight. That way the ref can see that the fighter who is submitting is voluntarily submitting.

Originally posted by martino

Thats what happens when you try to make football players be fighters. Unless your S.Davis and you call another fellow football player a name. Then it becomes a great fight.

Or Deion vs Rison with the helmets on during a game.

2nd worst fight ever.

Originally posted by thinker

thinker would never call anyone that. thinker was refering to the term that SDavis supposedly called Westbrook before he beat him down. :halo:

Ok, gotcha! Just wanted to make sure. ;)

BTW, any special reason why you are refering to yourself in the 3rd person? Just curious?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, it wasn't a bad fight at all... I think both guys showed that they were serious about the fighting business and not just in it for a quick buck.

I don't know why everyone hates Westbrook so much (or for that matter why everyone around here turns on every ex-Redskin so quickly). I mean he wasn't the superstar we all hoped for, but when he was healthy, he was pretty darn good. He had his headcase moments, but then again, if someone calls you a "B*TCH" or whatever Stephen Davis called him, that someone better expect a reaction. I'm not saying fighting is the right reaction, but it is understandable even in practice when you're playing a sport like football. And as for the people who whine that he sucker punched Davis... c'mon, get real, Westbrook would have kicked his a$$ either way. I loved Davis, but he would have been beaten down even in a fair fight with Westbrook. Certainly this incident did not warrant the resent shown around here.

I don't know why everyone hates Westbrook so much (or for that matter why everyone around here turns on every ex-Redskin so quickly). I mean he wasn't the superstar we all hoped for, but when he was healthy, he was pretty darn good. He had his headcase moments, but then again, if someone calls you a "B*TCH" or whatever Stephen Davis called him, that someone better expect a reaction. I'm not saying fighting is the right reaction, but it is understandable even in practice when you're playing a sport like football. And as for the people who whine that he sucker punched Davis... c'mon, get real, Westbrook would have kicked his a$$ either way. I loved Davis, but he would have been beaten down even in a fair fight with Westbrook. Certainly this incident did not warrant the resent shown around here.

Couldn't agree more TerpSkin. MW has always been persona non grata around here for reasons I have failed miserably at trying to get to the bottom of.

I honestly think it was the rookie hold-out folks resented more than the fight with Davis. Either way, as I said above. I'm actually glad he won. Had he lost, this thread would be 10 x longer.

:redpunch:

The fight was not really over that word.

For starters, how can everyone post here everyday and not have the time to read all washpost and washtimes articles about Skins and ex-Skins.

You would have seen that it came down to a)other players on the team making a list of the best hands on the team and apparantly leaving Westbrook out of the top 15(ha) and B) that davis then made an offhand comment telling Westbrook to deal with it, and finally c) that Westbrook felt that there was a lot of jealousy over his Bonus money on the team.

If you remember correctly, this was early on in the CBA and we didn't have really any high priced guys, so Westbrook could have easily had the most money, and been the most over rated.

As far as the f word goes. It was rumored that it was used and caused a reaction because Westbrook's brother is in fact homosexual. I have never received confirmation of this, but that rumor certainly could not be the most reliable. Especially when Westbrook explained the whole circumstance as I wrote above.

Originally posted by red zone

Couldn't agree more TerpSkin. MW has always been persona non grata around here for reasons I have failed miserably at trying to get to the bottom of.

I honestly think it was the rookie hold-out folks resented more than the fight with Davis. Either way, as I said above. I'm actually glad he won. Had he lost, this thread would be 10 x longer.

:redpunch:

Well I can think of several reasons why people don't care for Micheal Westbrook, but for me mainly it is the first one below:

1) He never lived up to his potential or draft position (what a waste of physical gifts). Here are his stats for his years in Washington:

Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

| 1995 was | 11 | 6 114 19.0 1 | 34 522 15.4 1 |

| 1996 was | 11 | 2 2 1.0 0 | 34 505 14.9 1 |

| 1997 was | 13 | 3 -11 -3.7 0 | 34 559 16.4 3 |

| 1998 was | 11 | 1 11 11.0 0 | 44 736 16.7 6 |

| 1999 was | 16 | 7 35 5.0 0 | 65 1191 18.3 9 |

| 2000 was | 2 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 9 103 11.4 0 |

| 2001 was | 16 | 2 8 4.0 0 | 57 664 11.6 4 |

In seven years, only 2 complete seasons, only one 1000 yard season. He was a perennial tease.

2) Bad attitude. His holdout, his spat with (not talking to) the media, attacking a teammate (SD), etc.

3) Making bonehead penalties in games (such as taking off his helmet):doh:

4) His stupid first down signal. (I don't like it when other players do it either; it is a habit he unfortunately passed down to Rod Gardner). Celebrate for a touchdown, not a first down.

Archived