Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At this point, Coles stays........

NoCalMike

Lets be honest here, Coles isn't willing to do anything to help the Skins situation if a possible trade scenario comes up. It is impossible to trade him under the current cap structure unless Coles agrees to give back a lot of money which he said he wasn't going to do except for a straight up release, which Gibbs says he has no plans to do.

The FACT is Coles is under contract, and even though he was unhappy last season, he seemingly still played all-out and with a lot of heart. If I was Gibbs, at this point I might be willing to test that for this next season, UNLESS something ideal came up, which would allow us to get Coles on a train out of here, but unless it is a scenario that won't hurt the organization, I would try and make Coles just get used to the fact of being a Redskin.

The situation I could see(I don't know how realistic it is)is that Gibbs and Coles get together, and Gibbs asks Coles what team he wants to go to. Of course if it's like Dallas or something it'll get shut down, but lets say he wants to go to the Jets. Our FO calls the Jets up, and they start bargaining. If they come to an agreement, lets just hypothetically say Coles to the Jets for their 2nd and 4th rounders, our FO once again approaches Coles, and tells him we've got a trade in place with the Jets, and all Coles has to do is return that $5 Mil and he's on the next plane to East Rutherford.

The team holds all the cards here so if he really wants out, he needs to play nice.

I still don't understand how you can be upset about catching 90 passes. If you only score 1 TD, some of the blame has to be on you. Catching 90 passes when the offense isn't clicking should give you a clue what can happen when it starts clicking. :rolleyes:

To play the other side of the coin (as I've been know to do from time to time ) didn't Gibbs tell all the players to let him know who didn't want to be with the team and he would help them leave?

Yes... Gibbs did tell the team that if players weren't happy.... to come to him and they WOULD TRY TO ACCOMODATE them. In the case of Gardner, they granted him permission to seek a trade. In the case of Coles... they've given him options for which he can free himself from the team. Unfortunately, Coles wants his cake and wants to eat it to. He wants to be released from the team and is willing to forfeit a portion of his bonus. That's great... except the Redskins are not in the habit of releasing top tier players for NO compensation. Got it?

Hey...how's the Lombardi trophy tour around the state of Pennslyvania going? Oh.....:paranoid:.... um.... nevermind.

Id keep his ass too.

Hes an idiot. Gibbs and his staff have expressed their concern that there wasnt enough "explosive plays" last season. They have admitted they need a deep threat to stretch the field and open up the passing game. They have inserted Patrick "cannonarm and I like to use it" Ramsey as the undisputed starting QB.

Why doesnt Coles see the moon aligning with the stars? Hello retard, IT WILL BE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OFFENSE NEXT YEAR! YOU WILL GET YOUR BALLS!

I still say best case scenario is keeping him, selling him on next seasons offense and getting him a complement, either by free agency or in the draft. Getting rid of him wont solve anything for the Redskins. We'll get the chance to find out whether his toe is going to force him into a #2 role whether hes on the team or not.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

To play the other side of the coin (as I've been know to do from time to time ;) ) didn't Gibbs tell all the players to let him know who didn't want to be with the team and he would help them leave?

You've been pretty well behaved so I take it.. Giibs said that he would do what he could, he can;t trade him or let him leave without some give and take, its that simple - if you want to leave work out a trade with another team and bring it to the table. (oh an leave your bonus at the door - quitter;) )

Archived