Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bills to release QB Bledsoe

Chrisbob74

This has been coming for a while now.........off to Dallas I reckon and Vinny back to the Jets.

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

Posted: 17 minutes ago

First it was Jeff Garcia, and now another veteran Pro Bowl quarterback is being given his walking papers.

FOXSports.com has learned the Bills have decided to release quarterback Drew Bledsoe, and they are expected to announce the decision Wednesday, likely at a press conference.

Due to league rules, Buffalo can not officially release Bledsoe until Feb. 22, but the veteran has already been informed of the decision.

Originally posted by jimster

That's what I thought of as soon as I heard Garcia was cut.

Garcia was a west coast QB going into a bad fit. He only went cause the money was pretty good. He should be in San Fran. Bledsoe is a big, cold weather qb with a good arm but is clearly on the downside of his career, but still good for a 3 year contract.

Originally posted by manichispanic

Garcia was a west coast QB going into a bad fit. He only went cause the money was pretty good. He should be in San Fran. Bledsoe is a big, cold weather qb with a good arm but is clearly on the downside of his career, but still good for a 3 year contract.

Garcia is going to the Lions........count on it!

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

Garcia is going to the Lions........count on it!

I have no doubt about that either. - Last year Tampa seemed very smitten with him, but he knows Gruden is in love with Simms jr. and in Detroit he'd be breathing down Harrington's neck, plus has Mooch and staff that already trust him.

He's going to end up in Dallas.

Like it or not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1992404

Key part of article:

ESPN.com has learned that there were discussions between the Bills and Dallas Cowboys officials in recent days about a potential trade. It is not known if the Cowboys opted not to pursue those talks or if Bledsoe advised the Bills he did not wanted to be traded. Such a deal would have reunited Bledsoe with Bill Parcells, the coach who brought him into the league as the first overall prospect selected in the 1993 draft.

Archived