Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Know Your Roots...

[[ghost]]

I'm glad I'm considered an old geezer, you kids don't know what you missed.

You can read about it, you can watch it on tape, but you can't beat following them great Redskins teams and players at the actual time.

It was special.............very special.

Of course, I wasn't around for the George Allen era and some of the stories I have heard and brief clips I have seen make that time look pretty cool as ell but the bad haircuts and even badder clothes make me glad that I'm an 80's/90's guy.

*Waits to be hit* :laugh:

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

Of course, I wasn't around for the George Allen era and some of the stories I have heard and brief clips I have seen make that time look pretty cool as ell but the bad haircuts and even badder clothes make me glad that I'm an 80's/90's guy.

*Waits to be hit* :laugh:

George Allen was a trip. He HATED rookies. He had a zero tolerance policy for mistakes and since he viewed inexperienced players as the biggest culprits, he had no use for them. To survive an Allen traing camp as a rookie and make the roster was an amazing accomplishment. I think they had a 4 man practice squad and if you made that, you were a man. He traded almost all of his draft picks for 'geezers' but they were smart, tough vets who knew how to play the game and that's how he built his teams. And he was VERY loyal to the guys he wanted and respected.

And did George ever hate Dallas. Oh, man. You 'kiddies' would have loved the pain his squad laid on those pukes in the NFC Championship game of '72. :cheers:

George is total legend. Read up on him if you're not familiar with what he meant to the Skins.

History lesson over. I need a nap.

Archived