Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How far have you gone to watch/listen to the Redskins?

Chrisbob74

Two memories stick out...

I drive to RFK from Florida in 91 to watch the Oilers game. WOW what a game and what a great year !!

The other was in 1979 when I was a kid I was watching the Skins/ Cowboys game (week16) which determined who made the playoffs. Riggins was shredding the Cowboys... My mom and dad ripped me away from the TV to go to a Christmas Church function and when I left the Skins had a gret lead and looked unstoppable. I tried and tried to pick it up on the Radio but of course being in Florida I could not listen to it. When I got home I found out we lost to another dramatic Cowboys come back. I never will forget that. I always go to church as it's the most important thing but for that day I hated my parents !! :)

you gone to watch/listen to the Redskins?

I have gone so far as to tell a guy I really really liked him and wanted to see him again so he would turn the channel to a Skins game during a Sunday party.

I know.........I will be punished for lying to him.

BUT I GOT TO SEE THE SKINS!!!

;)

Blondie

Well when I was younger, before I started going to the sportsbar, I found some link on the net where a guy would stream the Redskins flagship station by putting his computer's mic, up to the radio's speakers. LOL.

In 1999, I worked on the weekends, but I ducked out and took a 3hr lunch break to watch the Bucs/Skins playoff game. Needless to say, I didn't want to go back to work afterwards. :(

Not Skins related I know....but a memorable one for me....

1980 Olympics - USA Gold Medal Game (after beating the Russians). That was the day my Cub Scout Pinewood Derby Race was scheduled. All the dads were huddled around a table listening to the game on the radio, while the moms were trying to help us make adjustments to our cars.

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

I was chatting with another poster in a PM and I was telling him about some of the mad experiences I have had or attempts I have made just to listen to a Redskins game. he suggested sharing with the rest of the forum!

Being "Geographically challenged" has always made it tougher to find out what is happening in the world of the Redskins and the NFL but with the net and boards like this it is now a heck of a lot easier. It is also great that certain great posters here help us less fortunate ones out in "special ways" (You guys know who you are, :cheers: ).

Some of the other tactics to get a good reception involved hanging a coathanger out of the window to improve the reception..........many a time I have got in my car and drove round the corner because the car radio would get a better reception.

couldn't so I ended up watching the whole game, then going to work without any sleep.

Yes, I'm a Redskins addict!

What lengths have you gone to in order to catch a Redskins game?

I feel like I'm at a Redskins Anonymous meeting::laugh: "Thanks Chrisbob for sharing your experiences. Hi, my name's Ian and I also am a geographically challenged Redskins Addict"

(Pause, while rest of meeting murmurs "Hi Ian")

Aw the nostaglia of those pre-internet days. I only remember one game listening to Armed Forces and that was a Dallas / Skins game which we actually won and since those are so few and far between, I should be able to tell you exactly the year but I think 1996? It was a game that went into overtime and for all that excitement on the field, my memory is of being in my dressing gown and holding a tuner on the end of a wire attached to my stereo trying desperately to stay tuned in:doh:

Oh, the people who knock the internet just do not know the need for information and what lengths an addict will go to stay tuned:doh:

Thanks for rekindling those memories

Originally posted by Warhead36

I was on vacation in Canada and me and my dad drove around Toronto for about an hour and a half in search of a sports bar that was broadcasting the Redskins-Rams preseason game last summer. ****in Canucks were only showing some whack ass Junior World Hockey ****.

Tell me about it, I live in Western Canada and had that problem every sunday until i finally bought sunday ticket.

Before I had sunday ticket I literally scoured the city every night before gameday in hopes one bar would play the game for me if I promised to buy something.

I refused to leave my home for the season opener this year, even after flying my family out of state due to an emenent hit from Hurricane Iv.....CHa............... oh hell I can't remember wich one it was.

Worked out perfectly. The storm stalled, and I got to watch the Tampa game with out anybody to bother me in the cave that was my house by then.

Ya, I was ready to bugg out with my dog if need be, but It would have taken loss of cable or power to get me out of the house that sunday.:doh:

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

That will be the final piece in the puzzle for us Brits.........there is talk of us getting some form of either NFl Network or Direct TV within the next couple of years.........and when that happens, I will be one happy man!!

And my missus will probably leave me:doh:

women come and go, but your team is forever!;)

I have the Sunday Ticket also or else I'd be stuck watching the Rams or Titans for local broadcasts.:doh: It is one of the greatest inventions in history. My one visit to Fedex last year on opening night against the Jets was fun. Watching Patrick break off that 20 yards run to set up the winning FG was great. I remember him standing there in the pocket with nothing but daylight in front of him and everyone started yelling "RUN!!! RUN!!!" He was hesitant, but finally took off and the victory was locked. The rest of the season though....eh....:doh:

Archived