Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In Europe

SkinsNumberOne

Pick the Bowl that you wanted one team to lose the most?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Bowl that you wanted one team to lose the most?

• XXXIX - Eagles
    • XXXVI - Rams
    • XXXV - Ravens
    • XXVII and XXVIII - Cowboys
    • XXIII and XXXIV - 49'ers
    • XXI - Giants
    • XX - Bears
    • XXXVII - Raiders
    • IX,X,XIII or XIV - Steelers
    • VII and VIII - Dolphins

Hey all-

I am going around Europe right now - I'm typing from Cologne right now - and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on places to go or good (relatively inexpensive) places to stay in Prague, Copenhagen, and Amsterdam, since I'm planning on going to all three before I return.

Thanks for any helpful advice anyone can offer.

There's a great hostel in Amsterdam that was used as a base for the Germans when they occupied the city. It's a little creepy, but cheep and relatively nice. I did a google search for it an couldn't find anything. If you call a travel agent, they'd probably be able to tell you which one it is.

Well, my info is about 10 years old, but...

back in the 90s the best way to stay in Prague was to use the tourist office. They'd set you up in people's apartments while the owners would stay elsewhere. Typically the places are outside the center of town, but are very very nice and the subway system is great. BTW< you'll LOVE Prague. My second favorite city after Venice. Absolutely stunning.

Heineken Red Star is the beer to order in Amsterdam. IF you're single, you may never leave the city with all the other "entertainment" to be found.

Stay out of the druggie park after dark. Can't remember the name of the place, but everyone knows where it is.

Thanks for the help everyone. Cologne was mad fun - I was here for their carnival. Heidi Klum was here too with Seal (we saw them in a parade).

I'm off to Prague shortly. Is the subway system so convenient? Anyone know any areas I should want to stay in, optimizing fun places to go at night like good active clubs/bars/lounges? I'll be in Prague spanning over weekend nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday).

Also, is Copenhagen going to be cool on weekdays? Scheduling may force it to be a weekday visit, but I heard that the club scene there was tight. I'm just curious where I should go on weekday nights for some good fun.

Thanks again for all the help, and additional help is greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Yo-

Just wanted to say, I had a great trip and thanks for all of the advice.

Here's how we ended up breaking it out.

Feb 2 (arrived in Cologne)

Feb 9 (drove to Berlin)

Feb 10 (train to Prague)

Feb 13 (train to Berlin, drove to Copenhagen - took the car ferry from Germany to Denmark)

Feb 16 (drove to Holland - stayed in suburbs with friends)

Feb 17 (drove to Amsterdam)

Feb 19 (drove to Gent)

Feb 20 (drove to Cologne)

Feb 21 (flew back to Virginia)

Feb 22 (back at work!)

It was pretty surreal when I came back, because the last 4 nights of the trip including the return day were in different countries... it was a great trip even though it was only enough time to get a taste of all of those places. Next time I'd definitely like to hit 'em up for a longer time, but we still managed to have a blast and somehow didn't bankrupt myself (I think).

Archived