Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot21 needs your help!

Hmmm. Flavor of the week thing? Or 'pound just doesn't care for Big Country that much. Definately not his agent. :)

Smoot, doesn't look like there's a whole lot of basis for a recount. Gentleman's bet? :)

Stephen Davis will break something in the first 3 weeks of the season and be through. He is too fat and too slow for the fun n' gun. I'd rather have R. Gillespie running the ball than #48. #48 was never anything at Auburn and he will never do anything else in the NFL. Sorry if ya'll disagree, I just don't like him. The skins could use a more "elusive" runner. Not a fat boy like Davis

Nice take, man. Well considered. Fully supported. Insightful. Timely. On point. Tactful. Clearly intended to illuminate; to spark thoughtful debate, even.

Impressive, really.

You do yourself proud.

Yea I hate it every year when Davis (on his way to 1300+ yards) breaks something(most likely another team rushing record). If you don't like him fine but don't try and bash a 1400 yd rusher that was pretty much our only offense last year, I hate to "break something" to ya but old 48 will be here for a long time I am sure

This sounds almost as if it's personal. Well, I guess that answers the question on how the man feels about S.D. Still don't understand why, thoough after that well crafted response, can't understand why. The "fat" guy in action. :)

http://www.resnet.wm.edu/~fwjarv/topical.html

Oh, and it would appear at least one of the players on the offense disagrees with the assumpiton that Davis and the S.S. system don't go to well together. :cool:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9022

• 1 month later...

Skip is that you posting such a positive spin on Davis :laugh:

Davis is BIG. He isn't Marshall Faulk and he'll tell you, he isn't blazing the saddles, but he caught over 30 passes last year. I know, most were in the flat or short stuff, but nevertheless, he had a lot of touches and he held onto more balls thrown his way short or not, than some in the receiving corps, then he had outrun some LB's and pounded some secondaries thoroughly!

He stayed on target to get 1st downs even with 8 and 9 in the box!

He has shown better quickness and speed under Spurrier already and other than a contract snafu, you can bet he's in the mix for more receptions, as well as the Bryan Johnson, the current penciled in FB.

Sure he may have bit more weight than the better liked backs in the league, and may not be as fast, but ask the opposing defenses what it's like to play a whole game against him or an Edgerrin James. These two guys get respect no matter where they play. I have to admit, it can make one thirst to see some explosive speed, if he gets to the outside and I am believing right now, he's no longer leaving doubt about his abilities to do so.

Coaches before Spurrier saw him as a battering ram, but didn't you even notice that the long gainers were because of his speed, as well as his punch!

i'd say theposse and inmate hit the nail on the head.who's this otdoggpound.someone should start monitoring the 'boys websites..were being invaded.betts is a smaller slower version of davis.davis hits holes hard and fast with the odd cutback.he's pure power and i like it.think i'll go:high: be bvack in a minute.

hail skins

I starting to wonder about some of you fans.

Maybe otdoggpound (Westy) like his men more slender and not as beefy alledgedly.

S Dvis isnt a shake and bake guy but he can leave a footprint in your chest before gaining 5 yards or more.

Archived