Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The next Redskin star at WR?

IMissHeathShuler

Williamson is said to run a 4.3 forty.... Kiper and Mayock (NFL Network) said he will be the fastest guy in the draft. Additionally, they said he runs good routes and has really good hands. They only questioned why he came out as a Soph. when could have played for Spurrier and put up huge numbers.

Originally posted by Sanders 83

What makes you say Thrash isn't tough? He is just as tough and hard working as Coles.

Hard working? Yes...... tough? NO.... he may be the softest receiver on the team. To say he is as tough as Coles is crazy. He doesn't break tackles ever, he has a tough time getting off the L.O.S. half the time. He may be a great person but not a great reciever. He is a great guy to have on the team for character and special teams and that is it. He serves fine as a 3rd reciever but would not make our wr. corps anywhere near the top of the league.

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

Hard working? Yes...... tough? NO.... he may be the softest receiver on the team. To say he is as tough as Coles is crazy. He doesn't break tackles ever, he has a tough time getting off the L.O.S. half the time. He may be a great person but not a great reciever. He is a great guy to have on the team for character and special teams and that is it. He serves fine as a 3rd reciever but would not make our wr. corps anywhere near the top of the league.

I think we may disagree on the definition of tough. Never said he was a top WR, but he is a tough SOB. Most players that play ST, are.

Originally posted by BornASkinsFan83

God willing it will be a guy by the name of Randy Moss.

Skins get: Randy Moss, 2005 1st rd pick(#18 overall)

Vikings get: Lavar Arrington, 2005 1st rd pick(#9 overall), 2006 2nd rd pick

That is my final trade proposal.

I guess you didn't get the memo. It's impossible to trade Lavar for cap reasons.

Originally posted by seanskins

I truly believe Taylor Jacobs is going to be the next big time redskin. It seems his head is in the right place, and everyone knows he has the physical tools to succeed at this level. Look for Joe Gibbs to feature Jacobs next year in their offense. Quote me if you must.

Finally someone speaking with some sense, I mean for God sake the kid came into training camp this past season putting on 10 pounds of sheer muscle, if we develop this kid and don't waste his talent he is going to be a diamon in the Steve Spurrier waste pool that he brought us, I don't wanna see Plax or Moss here, we can't afford them and we don't need them....for once can everyone in Redskins nation get rid of this "fix it in FA" attitude and try to actually develop some players

We can't trade Lavar for a WR dude. We can't afford to drop a team and dedicated franchise guy like Arrington, especially for Moss. Moss is the exact opposite kind of person than Arrington is. He is a selfish and greedy guy, for one, and he would not be a character that Gibbs would ever have on his team. Gibbs is so picky when it comes to character it isn't even funny. No way it happens man.

Originally posted by BurgundyBlood

Why do we need a new WR? Even assuming Coles has reached the end of his career (or due to injury is now little more than a posession guy)...we still have 4 great guys at WR .

Think about it. Gibbs could run a great offense where he sends our bruisers (Gardner and Thrash) out to plays physical offense on 1st and 2nd down, wearing down the CBs...then brings out the speedsters on 3rd down (McCants and Jacobs). What CB in the league could cover both a bruiser and a speedster on the same series?

and if we had Moss...no I won't even dream...but if...

McCants, speedster:rolleyes:

Originally posted by SkinsCrunkin

Finally someone speaking with some sense, I mean for God sake the kid came into training camp this past season putting on 10 pounds of sheer muscle, if we develop this kid and don't waste his talent he is going to be a diamon in the Steve Spurrier waste pool that he brought us, I don't wanna see Plax or Moss here, we can't afford them and we don't need them....for once can everyone in Redskins nation get rid of this "fix it in FA" attitude and try to actually develop some players

Exxactly how I feel. It's unbelievable how people can criticize Snyder for his actions during free agency, and then turn around and advocate overpaying for the hottest free agent wide receivers out there.

Originally posted by Truant

So does anyone have any real information on this guy?

6-2 205 and apparently runs a 4.4

I'm not all that impressed. They say he's faster than the other WRs in the draft, but I think that's more of an indictment on the other WRs than props for this guy.

Never saw him play so any observations would be appriciated.

As a huge fan of the SEC, I have seen himplay on multiple occasions. He is the real deal. Put up very good numbers on a team that rarely passed (Lou Holtz-style). He is great in the open field, doesn't drop passes, and has a nose for the goal line.

Archived