Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jon Runyan to miss NFCCG

Renegade7

Originally posted by jtyler42

Even w/Runyan at less than 100% that Falcons pass rush is going to give McNabb hell, and the Eagles dont run they pass like 60% of the time anyways so that will play into the Falcons hands...

This will be a good game, and one I think the Eagles are going to be overconfident in, ala the NFCC against TB in the vet...

Yes, because we all know that Atlanta's defense is just as good as TB's was. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jtyler42

Even w/Runyan at less than 100% that Falcons pass rush is going to give McNabb hell, and the Eagles dont run they pass like 60% of the time anyways so that will play into the Falcons hands...

This will be a good game, and one I think the Eagles are going to be overconfident in, ala the NFCC against TB in the vet...

How can a team be overconfident after losing the last 3 NFCCG? I don' t think that's possible.

McNabb said today the pressure is on the Falcons coming into their first NFC title game with Vick at qb and with a new head coach.

That's all BS. The pressure is on the Eagles to prove they are not going to choke at home as the favorite for the third straight season.

The Eagles (as usual) had a very good season but once again the injuries to TO and now Jon Runyan put their postseason 'luck' in question.

The Eagles to me seem like the '86 Red Sox. Close but still about 20 years away from actually breaking the curse :)

Atlanta's starting RCB was walking around with an air boot on his foot today because of a high sprain. He is going to be listed as doubtful.

Hmmm, you take a secondary that is already ranked at the bottom third of the league and now you lose a starter....I wonder how important that will be.

I don't understand why everybody thinks this guy won't play. Am I missing something? I've read a bunch of posts on here with people saying "Runyan's out," when the guy himself and Andy Reid both say he'll play.

I also don't understand why everybody thinks the Eagles are done if he doesn't play. The announcers on sunday were talking about how the Eagles have had a couple o-line back-ups play a lot this year due to injuries to starters and that they filled in well.

Are we just trying to demoralize the Eagles fans? That I can understand. Or was there a report that says he's out?

Also, I hate that we're reduced to talking about this. God I hope the Skins make the playoffs next year and we can actually talk about stuff we care about.

This should be a very good game. Runyan against Kearney should be a good matchup. Atlanta's defense is much faster than minnesota's. If atlanta is running the ball well, philly is in trouble. If anyone remembers the blowout game between the chiefs and the falcons; the chiefs used a power running game against atlanta. Too me that is their weakness. Philly has a somewhat comparable line when healthy (Runyan?) but Westbrook is not a power back. That could be the difference because they are athletic enough to contain Mcnabb. :2cents:

Even if Runyan couldn't play, Artis Hicks would move to the outside and be fine. It would make more of an impact to have Steve Sciollu at guard, playing against Rod Coleman. Although Hank Fraley will probably be doubling him anyway. That being said, Runyan is playing, per the link I posted in the second post.

Unless anyone has any more info about what their sisters sprained mcl was like, to refute what the coach said...

Tra Thomas - Smith

Hicks/Fraley - Coleman

Mayberry - Jasper

Runyan - Kerney

If Runyan were to need help, you could still put an extra tight end in. IF.

I doubt it though. Hicks and Fraley doubled Williams alot last week, and he was pretty much invisible, so I'm not too worried about Coleman.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

McNabb had all day to throw last week. Williams is the best pass rushing DT in the league and he didn't even sniff McNabb.

If the O-Line gives McNabb time, game over. Might as well not even play.

The Falcons defense in general, generates alot more pressure than the Vikings defense. Vikings have Williams, and that's about it.

Hmmm, you take a secondary that is already ranked at the bottom third of the league and now you lose a starter....I wonder how important that will be.

Not nearly as important as it would be if T.O. was playing.

When you're WRs are "First Down" Freddie Mitchell and "Gator Arms" Pinkston, you may be able to get away with losing a starter in the secondary.

The biggest factors for Atlanta defensively will be containing Westbrook and applying some pressure on McNabb ... in that order.

This is a surprising post from you, Renegade. It's almost like you are giddy that an injury might force a player to miss this game.

No Only YOU and your #ussy pick on women Eagle fans would be happy about something like that

Stupid Jack@$$

Runyan's still just Strahan's whipping boy anyways...and a dirty player

Yikes...get up on the times- Runyan has now dominated Strahan for the better part of three years :doh:

Also, despite all the joy at the potential of an Eagles injury, he will play, 100%, mortal lock.

He will likely be banged up, but he's always banged up.

Westbrook is not a power back. That could be the difference because they are athletic enough to contain Mcnabb.

I think the Eagles are fine in this situation since they can lean on Levens more than Westbrook if the game dictates.

I really think the Eagles have the weapons to win this game pretty easily.

The only thing that remains to be seen is how turnovers and breaks go. I think that the longer the Falcons are in this game, the Eagles will feel the pressure.

But if Philly can jump out to an early lead and make a play or two on defense, then they should be fine.

I would LOVE to see Atlanta win, but I just don't think it's in the cards.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Originally posted by budski

The eagles should win this game weather conditions will be in their favor, but......

If they lose it is going to crush them, four times! they will not be the same next year.

You would think so at first glance....but, which team needs to pass more to win the game??

I don't think the Eagles will win the game by simply running...but the Falcons may..thats how they've won their games all year

Archived