Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jon Runyan to miss NFCCG

Renegade7

Has anyone updated this yet? Runyan didn't practice today, but is expected to tomorrow, and is listed as probable to play.

Meanwhile, Atlantas RT Weiner, is listed as questionable to play. He was injured last week, as well. Whoever their RT is, he will be going up against Kearse, and will be blocking Vick's blindside. Either way, good chance Crumpler will be staying in to double team him alot. Just as Wiggins had to last week.

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

Has anyone updated this yet? Runyan didn't practice today, but is expected to tomorrow, and is listed as probable to play.

Meanwhile, Atlantas RT Weiner, is listed as questionable to play. He was injured last week, as well. Whoever their RT is, he will be going up against Kearse, and will be blocking Vick's blindside. Either way, good chance Crumpler will be staying in to double team him alot. Just as Wiggins had to last week.

Weiner and the CB I talked about earlier both didn't practice Wednesday. The CB is still walking around with the air boot thing on.

Weiner has already got owned by Peppers and Rice this year. I have a feeling Kearse winds up with around 1.5 sacks and 10 pressures.

Originally posted by sealskin

This should be a very good game. Runyan against Kearney should be a good matchup. Atlanta's defense is much faster than minnesota's. If atlanta is running the ball well, philly is in trouble. If anyone remembers the blowout game between the chiefs and the falcons; the chiefs used a power running game against atlanta. Too me that is their weakness. Philly has a somewhat comparable line when healthy (Runyan?) but Westbrook is not a power back. That could be the difference because they are athletic enough to contain Mcnabb. :2cents:

Are you forgetting the other RB that had 4 touchdowns that game?

Derrick Blaylock: 5-9, 200 lbs

Brian Westbrook: 5-8, 205 lbs

Wanna guess who is number 2? I'll give you a hint. They lead the league all year, until they rested their starters.

You add in the fact that Vick was the second most sacked QB and their Oline (RT) is banged up and the Eagles D-Line is as fresh as it's been all year.....

Actually, I thought he was the MOST sacked? Add to the fact, considering he also has the least ammount of pass attempts, so he shouldn't be getting sacked as much anyway.

About the Vikings. They had 39 for the year. None in the divisional round against the Eagles. Falcons had 48 this year. Thats less then one more per game.

Falcons got 17 sacks on the road, 31 at home. Their artificial grass and dome crowd might have helped that statistic.

Vick was sacked a lot more than McNabb, and his line has been pretty healthy all year. They lost an o-lineman to start the season (like the Eagles lost Andrews), and that was it. They only had one missed start on their line the rest of the season. So why does Vick get sacked so much? Now he's going up against a team with 47 sacks on the season....

Wanna guess who is number 2? I'll give you a hint. They lead the league all year, until they rested their starters.

Here's the thing. Its not really relevant to the conversation at hand, which was the pressure the Falcons could exert versus what the Vikings were able to do last week.

Originally posted by Secret_Flower

Falcons got 17 sacks on the road, 31 at home. Their artificial grass and dome crowd might have helped that statistic.

Vick was sacked a lot more than McNabb, and his line has been pretty healthy all year. They lost an o-lineman to start the season (like the Eagles lost Andrews), and that was it. They only had one missed start on their line the rest of the season. So why does Vick get sacked so much? Now he's going up against a team with 47 sacks on the season....

Gee, maybe he looks to RUN AROUND??????? Have you ever considered that as a possibility?

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

Here's the thing. Its not really relevant to the conversation at hand, which was the pressure the Falcons could exert versus what the Vikings were able to do last week.

Also, were the Falcons not resting starters too? I mean, they must have been playing scrubs as well?

The Falcons get more pressure with their front 4 than anyone else in football, save maybe the Carolina Panthers with Kris Jenkins. If they can limit the time McNabb has to throw, and the DB's are PHYSICAL with Pinkston and Mitchell, then the Falcons have a good shot at winning this game.

Originally posted by ramseyskins

Also, were the Falcons not resting starters too? I mean, they must have been playing scrubs as well?

I believe they really only rest Vick a little, and that was becuase he was injured. They probably pulled them before the game was over. But remember, guys like Kearse didn't play a single snap during those 2 games.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure thats correct. I don't recall anyone but the eagles being critisized for resting the starters.

Thats really all they had on espn at that time.

Eagles rest starters. And bantering about how the steelers play physical football. yadda yadda yadda

The best thing for us would be if the Eagles win the SB. As much bad press as their fans get, and, as idiotic as some of them act, they've suffered through a lot of things. 3 straight NFC title game losses, deaths of former players, injuries at unfortunate times to their best players (McNabb last year, T.O. this year, Westbrook). Living in Philly area, while being a Skins fan, I'm starting to feel sorry for a lot of my friends who are diehard Birds fans. How much pain do they deserve to go through?

Plus, if they win the SB, it should make them less intense and focused as a team next year. T.O. will come back and really start popping off. That'll open the door for us to slide in in year two of Gibbs return. I'm not going as far as to say I'm rooting for them, but, looking at the big picture, it might benefit us the most.

That being said........Go Steelers.

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

Gee, maybe he looks to RUN AROUND??????? Have you ever considered that as a possibility?

Of course that is a possibility. It is partially Vick's fault that he is sacked so frequently. There are other mobile quarterbacks who "look to run around" who do not get sacked nearly as much.

However, the offensive line is more than a little too light and gets blown up the middle.

Against New Orleans, they mainly rested the people who were injured and most of the key players on offense. Patrick Kerney played the whole game and notched a sack in the 4th quarter of that game. Coleman started, not sure if he finished the game, he'd had injury problems. Brooking played the whole game. Against Seattle, Coleman notched 2 sacks and Kerney got 1. They both played at least the majority of the game. Their starters got 4 sacks in the last two weeks.

Doesn't look like Atlanta really rested their defensive starters as much as the Eagles did. That's not their fault. They were a good pressure team, no doubt.

The Falcons get more pressure with their front 4 than anyone else in football, save maybe the Carolina Panthers with Kris Jenkins.

Interestingly, this season, the defensive line that was right behind Atlanta's 35.5 sacks was Minnesota, who notched 33.5 sacks. Kevin Williams (12 sacks) actually made the pro-bowl over Rod Coleman, and end Lance Johnstone had 11 himself.

Archived