Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Pass Rush Dead.

PeanutTillman

Originally posted by PeanutTillman

Pass Rush can be more than just sacks. And stop throwing around STAT TO DEFINE DL.

I hate it when people say "oh we have a great rush, look how many sacks we got"

When you play horrid OL'slike the Boys and the Giatns 2 times a year, the Raiders could get 40 sacks.

Then if you know what our D did, moreso that we do, please tell us. How did we not generate a pass rush. 9th in the league in sacks and 7th overall in Pass Defense looks like we either have the greatest CB's or a nice pass rush. Please explain how we didn't have a pass rush. If we didn't it would have hurt us a lot more.

Nick

I don't want to rip anyone for being retarded, but come on dude.

Honestly, Greg Williams' expertise in pass rush has proven he can bring pressure from anywhere, anytime, and with any personel.

I cite the numerous no names we had on defense as proof.

Coach Williams will find some talented personel, hopefully through the draft, that will be able to bring pressure on a consistant basis, as well as be big enough to hold his ground against the run.

Originally posted by Art

True, a pass rush can be more than just sacks.

And, not only did we get sacks, but we had a tremendous pass rush based on scheme. Take the final game, as a prime example, where we were all over Culpepper. This was common for us except in games where we pulled back on purpose to contain someone -- like McNabb.

STOP THROWING AROUND SCHEME. Coaches are going to look at tape and come up with new protection schemes. The 46 was a great scheme, for 1 year, then people figured it out. #1 defenses dont stick around very long b/c they can be gameplanned against. Unless your coach is a genious, Bill Billichick.

No, Gibbs isnt in Billichicks echelon.

Yes, Arrington will be back, that is more htan true. But he wont play a full 16, history shows he wont, what will you do when Arrington is out of the lineup?

Eh... ? This is the only year he has had a lingering problem. The only thing history shows is that you don't know a whole lot about teams other than the Bears. It's probably even debateable whether you know that much.

We beat you with Mark Brunell as our QB. 2004 Mark Brunell, not 1996 Mark Brunell. Isn't that embarassing enough that you would stay away from this site?

Nick

STOP THROWING AROUND SCHEME. Coaches are going to look at tape and come up with new protection schemes. The 46 was a great scheme, for 1 year, then people figured it out. #1 defenses dont stick around very long b/c they can be gameplanned against. Unless your coach is a genious, Bill Billichick.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yes, Peanut, you're a "GENIOUS".....ROTFLMAO

Check out Greg Williams history -- he has never had a bad defense anywhere. The man adjusts his scheme when opponents try to adjust to him.

You're not going to win this battle, numnut tillman. Now if you want to talk about our offense, well you may have better luck. I shudder just thinking about it.

Then explain why Williams has been using his scheme with such success on several different teams for as long as he has... ?

Gibbs is well past BB. Well past him.

Nick

Yes, Arrington will be back, that is more htan true. But he wont play a full 16, history shows he wont, what will you do when Arrington is out of the lineup?

Arrington has been in the league five years, and has only not played 16 games twice. This past year and 2001, when he played 14 games.

#1 - Gibbs doesn't coach defense.

#2 - Gregg Williams is a genius.

#3 - Gibbs isn't in Billichick's echelon? Whatever.

#4 - You are an idiot.

So, if we ignore stats, scheme and players, we have no pass rush. Got it.

Peanut, you are a troll. You should have, on about page two, said "Gosh, I didn't realize you DID have a pass rush. Sorry for asking."

Since you didn't, you are gone. We're not wasting anymore time with you.

Originally posted by Art

I don't remember that. I'll have to look up the history and see :).

Sorry, it was OM.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88347&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=2

quote:

Exept for the NYJ, adn theyre in the playoffs.

I'm tempted to channel Art here, and tell you that your next post on this board will be a list of all players the Jets signed prior to the 2004 season, with a big fat asterisk next to any FA, or it will be your last.

Instead, I'll just ask you to. I'm interested to see if there's any "there" there with you.

PT,

I recall a post you made not too long ago where you suggested we ran the Cover-2 and you ridiculed us for telling you we ran a scheme based on the 46. Now you have noticed we were right, but I don't recall you apologizing for the mistake.

I do find it encouraging you can learn information from people who know more than you, so, I will hope in a couple of weeks you'll demonstrate knowledge you currently lack based on the efforts in this thread.

I'd put Williams' genius against Belichick's in terms of producing top quality defensive units. But, this is because Williams has done that more frequently than Belichick, including both of the last two seasons.

It is possible teams will get a better idea how to plan for Williams next year. It is also possible Williams -- who does hundreds of different things -- will continue to adjust to avoid people getting a true read. And, it is MORE than likely he won't be coaching a defense that has to prop up the No. 30 offense and mild improvement there will assist him even if teams start to figure him out some.

Archived