Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

People of Skins nation: We're relying on you!!

Willie Gault

So it has come to this. Another year, another inexplicable collapse by the Vikings and their Big Old Dumb Coach .

Last year the Cards really turned the annual Viking death spiral into high entertainment. What can we expect from the sons of Washington tomorrow?? Please tell me Gibbs & Co are taking this seriously and will give the Vikes their best game?

One thing to watch out for: The Big Old Dumb Coach making stupifying 4th down gambles. Tice regularly deludes himself into thinking that he's coaching Keanu Reeves' team in The Replacements and makes horrible 4th down decisions. Last year he lost two or three games for the Vikes with ridiculous calls: passing up sure field goals, running on 4th & mediums etc...

Expectations are high. Other fans demand a collapse at least as entertaining as last year's.

so tell me - are the Skins up for this game or what????

I will be highly surprised if we're very competitive in this game. Losing to Dallas generally is something that takes a toll on the team and the fan base. But, losing to Dallas the way we did given the timing of it during the year, and I just don't think the Skins can maintain the emotional pitch necessary to finish the season strong against a team that needs the game.

It will probably be a very encouraging sign if the team enters the game with the emotion and intensity and heart we've seen down the stretch, but, I think it would be against human nature for that to occur. We're starting lesser players in key spots due to injury and have little to play for.

I worry this game will be the biggest stinker we'll have laid on the season. But, the Vikings are not a team that has proven to be all that focused when it must be.

Art, I believe this game will be similar to what we've seen all season. The defense, despite the absence of Smoot and Arrington, will fight hard. The offense probably will lay an egg again, although the Vikngs D leaves much to be desired. If Gibbs still calls multiple screen passes and the offense stalls, I expect the unit to be roundly booed.

Whatever the results of the game will be, they shouldn't be taken as a barometer necessarily of how next season will play out, just like last week's game revealed that this offense needs a whole lot of work, even if we had held on to win.

There might not be a team in the league who needs the offseason as much as the Redskins and its fans.

Originally posted by Art

I will be highly surprised if we're very competitive in this game. Losing to Dallas generally is something that takes a toll on the team and the fan base. But, losing to Dallas the way we did given the timing of it during the year, and I just don't think the Skins can maintain the emotional pitch necessary to finish the season strong against a team that needs the game.

It will probably be a very encouraging sign if the team enters the game with the emotion and intensity and heart we've seen down the stretch, but, I think it would be against human nature for that to occur. We're starting lesser players in key spots due to injury and have little to play for.

I worry this game will be the biggest stinker we'll have laid on the season. But, the Vikings are not a team that has proven to be all that focused when it must be.

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree. I'll be there, making noise and supporting them as always, but it doesn't look good going in to this one.

Regardless, this is the last chance to see Redskins football this season.

I think I'll be watching to see how well Betts does with this chance. It'll also be interesting to see how Taylor plays with a lesser defensive secondary around him.

Originally posted by hail2skins

Art, I believe this game will be similar to what we've seen all season. The defense, despite the absence of Smoot and Arrington, will fight hard. The offense probably will lay an egg again, although the Vikngs D leaves much to be desired. If Gibbs still calls multiple screen passes and the offense stalls, I expect the unit to be roundly booed.

Whatever the results of the game will be, they shouldn't be taken as a barometer necessarily of how next season will play out, just like last week's game revealed that this offense needs a whole lot of work, even if we had held on to win.

There might not be a team in the league who needs the offseason as much as the Redskins and its fans.

I don't disagree with you, except to say the defense may not be quite as good as we've seen against very good competition given the stakes and injuries. I think Gibbs will change things next year to be a little more dangerous down the field on a more frequent basis than this year, but I don't believe he'll show that much in this game.

What I found discouraging against Dallas was Gibbs seemed to revert with his playcalling. One thing you KNOW from Gibbs is when he feels a team presents a challenge defensively he finds worrisome, he gets very cautious. After really starting to challenge Philly, I thought Gibbs would continue that against Dallas. He didn't. He paid a GREAT level of respect to the Cowboys defense in the way he called the game and I'm not sure why he feared that defense more than the Eagles defense.

That said, we are a team that needs 8 and 10 and 12 play drives for success right now and that's something that's going to kill us in the long term until we can get some cheap points from somewhere. As for the offseason I'd be satisfied with the draft and NOTHING else, keeping everyone as is.

I want it QUIET this offseason :).

i dunno, w/o Smoot is gonna hurt. Then we dont have Jimoh, who, for what its worth, at least was there for every game this year as the dimeback, and nickelback once when Springs was out.

I think our defense should be fine as long as we can keep the pressure strong, plus, Culpepper also may take off, which may help or hurt us.

I think we are up for the challenge, this is football, last weeks loss is not gonna hurt me now, we want this win badly!!!

Well, I just heard Sal Paliatonio on ESPNews talking about the game tommorow, and he said that Gregg Williams said that with nothing to play for tommorow, the Redskins defense would be coming at Duante Culpepper "from every concievable angle"

Uh oh..........

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

What?.... and screw up our top 10 draft position? :laugh:

I wouldn't worry about it, with Minnesota having a pretty talented 3 wide and Moss commanding double teams from anyone, we could be leaving Harris and Jimoh/Wilds on an island an awful lot against Marcus Robinson & Nate Burleson, I look for the Vikings to hang around 28-31, giving us a reality check of life without Smoot. Combine that with Art probably being right about our energy level and I'll say 31-10 Vikings. Skins finish in the top 6 for draft position and the speculation begins. :doh:

After watching our bumbling offense and a high-paid cornerback bust an assignment to lose to Vinny Testicularverde, we'll lose another close game.

Trust me, if Tice goes for it on 4th and 17 on our Redskins, he has a good chance of converting. Why? We have a way of shooting ourselves in the foot and looking like complete retards.

I hope we win, but we all know we won't.

Originally posted by pr11fan

I wouldn't worry about it, with Minnesota having a pretty talented 3 wide and Moss commanding double teams from anyone, we could be leaving Harris and Jimoh/Wilds on an island an awful lot against Marcus Robinson & Nate Burleson, I look for the Vikings to hang around 28-31, giving us a reality check of life without Smoot. Combine that with Art probably being right about our energy level and I'll say 31-10 Vikings. Skins finish in the top 6 for draft position and the speculation begins. :doh:

What's new. I won't be as excited going into next year. I don't care if our big-mouth defensive players try to give their big "We're the best" comments. I'm tired of hearing it.

Not sure why I torture myself watching this team bumble their way through a season anymore. It's embarrassing.

But, here I am. Faithful. Too bad they're not faithful to fans. :rolleyes:

Archived