Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring back the skins retro jersey for good?

mike42

:helmet: posted on December-29th-2004 09:58 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think they should go with a Black and Burgundy uniform to go with the White and Burgundy uniform.

:helmet: I agree. Change it up a little. Maybe putting retro gear on them will make them play like the old Skins........Lolololololol far chance! :helmet:

I love the current ones for sure. However, if the organization decided to make a change to something that looked close to the retros from 2k2 then I'd be fine with that.

The burgandy ones were dope. I think the idea for the white ones (which would become or roadies I'm sure) was to have the the white top with the gold pants. Sharp IMO!

We should have kept the 2002 retros for good. This team OBVIOUSLY is in need of a makeover. The "Gibbs" uniforms are STALE. I know it's ONLY uniforms, but it's time to make a move away from the image we have as punching bags and LOSERS.

The burgandy pants are just plain ugly and the team needs a new look. MAYBE a new look will give them a new attitude. This last loss to Dallas tells me it's time for CHANGE. However it has to come, we need it.

Originally posted by SlinginSammy HOF '63

IMO black has never been, nor will it ever be one of our colors so I don't want to see it. Black jersies are a marketing ploy to sell merchandise and it appears to work, but it sucks

I agree wholeheartedly!! Black is a SERIOUS NOGO!

Keep it the same or go back to the Anniversary unis but DO NOT fall into some cheap marketing BS by going black.

The 70th Aniversary was sweet! I liked us using them at home and today's standard on the road.

Until the Redskins win - no changes.

Best example of this is when the Rams went from blue and yellow to blue and gold after their Super Bowl win. Go deep in the playoffs, and then reward us with a uni change - retro.

I do like black, but it's been overdone. Quite a few teams, like the Panthers, Bengals and Ravens, have it as a primary color, and others such as the Eagles, have incorporated it.

Originally posted by BurgundyBomber

Until the Redskins win - no changes.

Best example of this is when the Rams went from blue and yellow to blue and gold after their Super Bowl win. Go deep in the playoffs, and then reward us with a uni change - retro.

I do like black, but it's been overdone. Quite a few teams, like the Panthers, Bengals and Ravens, have it as a primary color, and others such as the Eagles, have incorporated it.

If we wait until we win, then we'll NEVER change.

We haven't been winning, maybe a change is in order. :cool:

Nowhere in "burgundy and gold" is there room for banana yellow.

Those yellow-pants uniforms were just part of the general ridiculousness of the 70s. They should not return.

Now, as for the idea of using actual burgundy and gold colors in the uniforms... THAT'S an idea.

Archived