Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mike42

Bring back the skins retro jersey for good?

It was a nice gimmick for the 70th Anniversary but I will stick with what they have now. I am sure Danny is planning a big marketing blitz and some type of other retro jersey for the 75th Anniversary in '07. The Skins have had several different style helmets and jerseys over the years so we will see.

i would love to see some white on white and red on red uniforms ...but i think im one of the only ones who dislikes the retro jersey ..the 70th anny ones , they are ugly and boring the colors look old and bland ....it just depresses me =( i know most people like them but i dont

Originally posted by Akhhorus

I think they should go with a Black and Burgundy uniform to go with the White and Burgundy uniform.

i agree , lots of teams are getting black jerseys now , i said for a bit now that the skins should , black and burgundy would be freakin sweet with burgundy pants ....gooood lawd portis should love that

Originally posted by ~kriztalmeth~

i agree , lots of teams are getting black jerseys now , i said for a bit now that the skins should , black and burgundy would be freakin sweet with burgundy pants ....gooood lawd portis should love that

What I'm thinking is similar:

Black main color jersey. The numbers and name in Burgundy with Gold trim. Black & Gold pants.

The White one would be similar to the ones the skins wear now, only with black pants and burgundy trim.

Swear I saw a Sean Taylor 70th retro in the mall the other day. I swear I saw one.

I wouldn't mind just retro, but I wouldn't be able to live with a black jersey. That's just not us.

They did the black jerseys before in 1 pre season game. I think it was like 13 14 years ago.

It didn't look good.

I think we need a new look as well........in the standings that is.

Our whites on burgundy pants are classics. They possess that old time smash-mouth football look. Don't ever change them.

Originally posted by mike42

They did the black jerseys before in 1 pre season game. I think it was like 13 14 years ago.

It didn't look good.

I may be wrong, but I don't ever recall seeing that. Can you be more specific? I'd like to research that a little.

Originally posted by Warhead36

I love(d) the 02 jersies.

I agree!! Those jerseys are serious man!! We should start a petition on that....Everybody else has changed their look a little, I think we should too

what about a Yellow Jersey with burgundy numbers, worn with solid burgundy pants, no stripes, keep current helmet.... as a once or twice a year deal of course.

Originally posted by ~kriztalmeth~

i would love to see some white on white and red on red uniforms ...but i think im one of the only ones who dislikes the retro jersey ..the 70th anny ones , they are ugly and boring the colors look old and bland ....it just depresses me =( i know most people like them but i dont

I dont like the retros either

Keep the white on burgundy and lets go to work

I like our classic uni's....We are one of a few teams left that hasnt changed their uniform's....If we do decide to change I like our 70's unis, and I like the Solid Burgandy Jersey's w/gold #'s and the gold pants we wore back in like 96/97 when John Freisz was our QB....

i was down with the white on whites, but I prefer the normal look. White on burgundy or burgandy on white.

I think the retros are done. Would be nice to see them creep in, but never as a full time uni...

Originally posted by footballhenry

my favorite is definitely the white on white....we look so sleek in that....why dont we wear those anymore!!!!!

I agree I like to see the white on white again!!

:vikesuck: :vikesuck: :vikesuck: :vikesuck:

:point2sky HAIL TO THE REDSKINS:point2sky

Like to see the current jerseys stay (too many memories in them) but would like to see the Retro Jerseys for one game a year.