Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft: Offense or Defense?

Gibbs4Life

either, but best fit unless some guy is super. I think that you do need to categorize need by position and grade individuals. If your highest need matches only a C and there's an A+ available, then go for the A+, but if your highest need and there's a b+/A- available... I'd want to fill the need.

We will draft a QB, RB, QR, TE, OT, OG, & C in the draft and they will all be starters.

or......

We will select the best available athlete who fits our needs most. My preference would be offence but if we could get another ST-like impact defensive player then I am all for it. (Don't really follow college football so I don''t really know who might fit that description:doh:

Originally posted by December90

We will draft a QB, RB, QR, TE, OT, OG, & C in the draft and they will all be starters.

or......

We will select the best available athlete who fits our needs most. My preference would be offence but if we could get another ST-like impact defensive player then I am all for it. (Don't really follow college football so I don''t really know who might fit that description:doh:

whos are starting QR right now:doh: :laugh:

If we stay top 10:

1. Mike Williams

2. Erasmus James

3. Antrelle Rolle (if Smoot leaves)

If we drop into the late 1st round:

1. Marcus Spears

2. Heath Miller

3. David Pollack

* - Pac-Man Jones could be a possibility if we lose Smoot and drop down in the draft

* - Kiwanuka's stock will fall like Udeze's did making him a mid 20's pick

I usually prefer to draft for positional need but this year I think we're in a position to go with the BPA.

The biggest weaknesses I saw were C (which is a bummer, cuz I was a Raymer fan) and WR. If we could get anything by trading Gardner, like move into position to get Williams, THAT would be great.

But if we could get our hands on a hardcore DL, preferrably a pass rushing DE, thats a good pick too.

Bottomline: BPA

Originally posted by fdarugar

* - Kiwanuka's stock will fall like Udeze's did making him a mid 20's pick

Udeze's stock fell because he was injured. And, he is still having the best season of all the rookie Lineman.

Kiwanuka runs the same 40 time as Mike Williams at about 30 pounds heavier.

It depends on who is available at the time of our pick. The consensus among many is take Mike Williams, WR, USC. If he is unavailable, then draft down and get a rush DE and or Guard/Center. There are several G/C in free agency, so we may address the need there. It depends on what we do in free agency and who is available for us to draft...

Mike Williams....WR....(offense)

First, we need a pass-rushing DE. That will make the various blitz packages all the more effective. But we need a pass rush when we only send 3 or 4 defenders.

Next, we need a center. Raymer is hurting this team (and I was a big Raymer fan). We can get a good center who can start in the second round.

Next, we need linebackers. Not only for depth, but also to play on special teams. ST LBs will improve our kick coverage teams.

Finally, lets make a commitment to build thru the draft, instead of throwing big bucks at aging veterans to come to Club Med of the NFL. Look at the Pats and Steelers: their depth is the foundation of their success.

:2cents:

Originally posted by IronMike

First, we need a pass-rushing DE. That will make the various blitz packages all the more effective. But we need a pass rush when we only send 3 or 4 defenders.

Next, we need a center. Raymer is hurting this team (and I was a big Raymer fan). We can get a good center who can start in the second round.

Next, we need linebackers. Not only for depth, but also to play on special teams. ST LBs will improve our kick coverage teams.

Finally, lets make a commitment to build thru the draft, instead of throwing big bucks at aging veterans to come to Club Med of the NFL. Look at the Pats and Steelers: their depth is the foundation of their success.

:2cents:

I do not understand how we need defense first. How can you have basically the best defense in the NFL. Worse offense in the NFL and need more defense? How will thath elp this team win games.

Archived