Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From an Eagle fan prespective

Bryan00

No disrepect, But as I was on this board I saw a post blaming the defense for the lost today. Now I give credit where credit is due, because I gave you guys props in the Eagle game. You cannot blame the defense at all. 15 weeks and they are what now? 2nd ranked defense in the enitre league? As a matter a fact, the defense shouldnt had been on the field period!! What you need to do is blame your coach. GIBBS. I dislike Dallas just as much as you guys do. I was looking at the game and with under 2 mins left your offense had the ball and didnt even try to get a first down. Thats pathethic. This is not like Gibbs first season where he started off 0-6 I believe and ended up 8-8. Your offense hasnt improved a bit. Theres alot more I would like to say but to make a long story short.....As long as Gibbs is in charge of that offense, we will be controlling the NFC-EAST for quite some time.

p.s....... Gibbs is why you lost today. Not the defense.

Good Luck :) Wish us luck in the playoffs!

Right now their are no shortage of Puke, Iggle, and Gints fans who want to tell us about how bad Gibbs is, and it's his fault we are losing. They relish in it. NOTHING, and I REPEAT NOTHING would make those teams and their fans happier then to see Gibbs fail miserably in his comeback attempt, tarnish his legacy, and quit utterly defeated. Well, I've got news for all of you, so listen up.

Right now, Gibbs being rusty is a large part of the problem, and the Brunell decision makes the top of his VERY SHORT list of mistakes. However, make no mistake, he WILL turn this team around again, and when it happens it's gonna be absolutely beautiful. I will personally relish rubbing sh#t in every last naysayers face when it happens. It's gonna be great! Keep doubting, please keep telling us about how it's Gibbs fault, keep trying to tell us how he's over the hill. Please, continue to remind us that his style of offense won't work anymore, but when the tide turns be prepared to take the heat.

Originally posted by Destino

Anyone that blames the defense for a loss in which your offense isn't trusted enough to attempt a pass for a first down.....

agreed, it shouldn't have come down to that late pass. The offense should have scored more points. Holding Dallas to 13 points on the road, is a very good day. If our offensive output was even at a average level, we'd have won this game easily.

Originally posted by Resurrection

agreed, it shouldn't have come down to that late pass. The offense should have scored more points. Holding Dallas to 13 points on the road, is a very good day. If our offensive output was even at a average level, we'd have won this game easily.

Very true, but I also have to question the play calling on the final skin possesion.

I have never understood the philosophy of putting the game in your defenses hands, no matter how good the D is, if you have the opportunity to win it on offense. It made even less sense yesterday when said D was down to 2 cornerbacks with Smoot and Jimoh out with injuries. Although I should note that Jimoh was injured on the final punt, so the decision came when he was still a go.

The bottom line though is this offensive team obviously does not have Gibbs confidence, and that affects his play calling. There is no way in hell any coach who has confidence in his team runs three inside running plays with no chance of success in gaining a first down when the game is on the line. He simply does not have faith in his passing game to get them a first down. I was hoping to at least see one of the now infamous WR screens to Coles and give us a shot at the first down. It's an extremely high percentage play that will still stop the clock, but it has a much better chance of success than Betts off the right guard does. But obviouslt Gibbs had no faith in his guys. That needs to be fixed next year as priority number one. Screw everyone that says we need a DE first and foremost, we need to get this offense to work or it won't matter how good the D is.

Originally posted by pr11fan

You may not like him b/c of his team but he has a point, the defense has been asked to shoulder the load all year long, Gibbs had a chance to seal it and went to the well one time to many. Even the 2000 ravens showed a little faith in their offense.

I think the thing is we've heard this point before...

Resurrection hit the nail on the head.

Archived