Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you be even more sick if Dallas upset Philly?

NoCalMike

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Expect the Eagles to rest some key players. It's all over but the crying, and with their remaing schedule, the Eagles can afford to take a week off.

If Atlanta loses Saturday the Eagles will have HFA by default and can lose their last 3 games without any change in seeding.

Originally posted by TexasEagle

If Atlanta loses Saturday the Eagles will have HFA by default and can lose their last 3 games without any change in seeding.

You are correct. Who do you think you guys will face in the NFC championship game?...not even that.. who will you guys face in the Superbowl?

(A) Shootout Scenario: Sorry Indie Wins

(B) Defensive Battle: Right, Pittsburgh, Jerome may have as many TD's as McNugget.

© Offensive & Defensive Battle: Patriots, right right. Killer Winner Instinct and all.......

GRANTED, you guys are phenomenal in the NFC and many kudo's to that, however, AFC is class of the year.

How many teams have you beat with a winning record this year??? Minnesota, GB and Balt right? DON"T even start with last years rankings...NFL changes year to year.... 3 TEAMS!!!!!!

How do you swing such a beautiful schedule?!???!?! Inquiring minds want to know!

Originally posted by SkinsNYC

How do you swing such a beautiful schedule?!???!?! Inquiring minds want to know!

Well, playing the Giants, Cowboys and Redskins twice certainly hurts the Eagles strength-of-schedule rating. :D

It hurts in more ways than one, as winning a semi-competitive division does not help the team prepare for the difficulties and pressure of the playoffs. The rest of the season has now turned into an injury watch.

You are correct. Who do you think you guys will face in the NFC championship game?...not even that.. who will you guys face in the Superbowl?

(B) Defensive Battle: Right, Pittsburgh, Jerome may have as many TD's as McNugget.

© Offensive & Defensive Battle: Patriots, right right. Killer Winner Instinct and all.......

GRANTED, you guys are phenomenal in the NFC and many kudo's to that, however, AFC is class of the year.

How many teams have you beat with a winning record this year??? Minnesota, GB and Balt right? DON"T even start with last years rankings...NFL changes year to year.... 3 TEAMS!!!!!!

You have the same schedule except we had Carolina and St. Louis (they both won their divisions last year), and you got Tampa and the 49ers who stunk last year. How many of those teams we beat would be at over or close to .500 had they beaten us? Redskins would be 6-7, Giants 7-6, Dallas 6-7, Lions 6-7, Chicago 6-7, Carolina 7-6, and you can throw in the Rams and Bengals, who if would finish over .500 if they beat us and under if they don't. It's not really a good argument because the Patriots had only beaten 3 teams with winning records until Buffalo inched their record above .500. New England beat them twice. The Steelers beat 4 teams with winning records as they were able to top the Jets just this past week. There are a lot of mediocre teams out there. Up until last week the Eagles had beaten every one of their NFC opponents by double digits. The Redskins played them tough. Other than that game it has been total conference dominance. I mean, what else can they do? Do you seriously think that they can't beat the Buffalo Bills twice?

Originally posted by sw61776

Dallas isn't going to win. The team has so many problems, it's not even funny.

I hate your sig already, and you aren't far behind. The man suffered a concussion and was carted off the field on a stretcher. Show some respect. Why don't I put in a sig of Hollis Thomas getting his elbow dislocated? :doh:

They were beat up by REDSKINS , so they won't take to many chances and risk injury, they will rest those who are hurt and filter in second stringers when they see a chance. I still think they beat the cowboys, look for TO's stupid tights TD dance; hes been working on for three weeks now.

Originally posted by TheDane

I hate your sig already, and you aren't far behind. The man suffered a concussion and was carted off the field on a stretcher. Show some respect. Why don't I put in a sig of Hollis Thomas getting his elbow dislocated? :doh:

sw61776 grow up

You have the same schedule except we had Carolina and St. Louis (they both won their divisions last year), and you got Tampa and the 49ers who stunk last year. How many of those teams we beat would be at over or close to .500 had they beaten us? Redskins would be 6-7, Giants 7-6, Dallas 6-7, Lions 6-7, Chicago 6-7, Carolina 7-6, and you can throw in the Rams and Bengals, who if would finish over .500 if they beat us and under if they don't. It's not really a good argument because the Patriots had only beaten 3 teams with winning records until Buffalo inched their record above .500. New England beat them twice. The Steelers beat 4 teams with winning records as they were able to top the Jets just this past week. There are a lot of mediocre teams out there. Up until last week the Eagles had beaten every one of their NFC opponents by double digits. The Redskins played them tough. Other than that game it has been total conference dominance. I mean, what else can they do? Do you seriously think that they can't beat the Buffalo Bills twice?

I'm not going over the numbers again so please do your own research, but why don't you check on how many winning teams those AFC teams you mentioned have beaten.

Your information is incomplete and invalid.

If that WERE to happen, we have the Eagles fans who visit this site to look to in order to rationalize what it means....afterall, when Green Bay was looking horrid and losing to lowly Detroit, they claimed that it was having to deal with the almighty Eagles that still had them shellshocked and losing a week later. So...by that admittedly moronic way of thinking, all we have to do is say "The Eagles are still shellshocked from having to deal with the Redskins last week...we've traumatized them and made them lose both their swagger AND their confidence so much that they can't even beat lowly Dallas!!"

If that WERE to happen, we have the Eagles fans who visit this site to look to in order to rationalize what it means....afterall, when Green Bay was looking horrid and losing to lowly Detroit, they claimed that it was having to deal with the almighty Eagles that still had them shellshocked and losing a week later.

You guys are chock full of random, innacurate hating today.

You are all soooooooooo obesessed with the Eagles, start 30 threads a day about them and mention them in every thread not completely dedicated to them.

A REDSKINS fan started a thread last week during the Green Bay/Lions game for the sole purpose of making this point: "Looks like the Eagles victory last week wasn't as impressive as origonally though- the Packers just aren't a good football team".

Out of no where, unprovoked, and really a silly point...it's an obsession.

I pointed out that it's much more likely that they have a hangover from their beating the week before than the theory that they just stink, citing the 5 or 6 game winning streak they had coming into Phill the week before. :doh:

So...by that admittedly moronic way of thinking, all we have to do is say "The Eagles are still shellshocked from having to deal with the Redskins last week...we've traumatized them and made them lose both their swagger AND their confidence so much that they can't even beat lowly Dallas!!"

Again- it's really not that complicated. The Eagles have virtually locked up HFA throughout the playoffs. The only possible way that can lose it is if they lose their final 3 remaining game and the Falcons win their final 3.

There doesn't have to be an explanation for a loss if there is a loss...the answer is obvious already.

Originally posted by f_dallas

You guys are chock full of random, innacurate hating today.

You are all soooooooooo obesessed with the Eagles, start 30 threads a day about them and mention them in every thread not completely dedicated to them.

A REDSKINS fan started a thread last week during the Green Bay/Lions game for the sole purpose of making this point: "Looks like the Eagles victory last week wasn't as impressive as origonally though- the Packers just aren't a good football team".

Out of no where, unprovoked, and really a silly point...it's an obsession.

I pointed out that it's much more likely that they have a hangover from their beating the week before than the theory that they just stink, citing the 5 or 6 game winning streak they had coming into Phill the week before. :doh:

Again- it's really not that complicated. The Eagles have virtually locked up HFA throughout the playoffs. The only possible way that can lose it is if they lose their final 3 remaining game and the Falcons win their final 3.

There doesn't have to be an explanation for a loss if there is a loss...the answer is obvious already.

Again, a lesson in Eagles Rationalization 101...take notes, Skins fans. If the Eagles lose to Dallas, it's not because they aren't as good as everyone assumed, it's far more likely because they were demoralized the week before by the team they played and still have a hangover from it!

Sounds like a win-win situation to me... :cheers:

Oh, and I'm not sure which is worse in your eyes: Skins fans still talking about a game 2 days later...or Eagles fans still hanging out at an opponent's message board site 2 days later...you make the call.

Originally posted by Califan007

or Eagles fans still hanging out at an opponent's message board site 2 days later...you make the call.

Considering F_Dallas has been here well over a year, and I've seen three seasons on this board, I think it's safe to assume that there is more to this board than you think.

We've been here so long because it is a good place to have lively football talk with a number of knowledgeable football fans. True, 98+% are Redskins fans and this message board is dedicated to the Redskins first and foremost, that still does not mean that this community is intended to be exclusively Redskins fans. I'd think the owners of the board would back me up in that statement.

We all have our biases towards our teams, but it's fun to see what other people think about the season, how other teams are doing, argue over which teams are better, etc.

Originally posted by Blazers21

Considering F_Dallas has been here well over a year, and I've seen three season on this board, I think it's safe to assume that there is more to this board than you think.

We've been here so long because it is a good place to have lively football talk with a number of knowledgeable football fans. True, 98+% are Redskins fans and this message board is dedicated to the Redskins first and foremost, that still does not mean that this community is intended to be exclusively Redskins fans. I'd think the owners of the board would back me up in that statement.

We all have our biases towards our teams, but it's fun to see what other people think about the season, how other teams are doing, argue over which teams are better, etc.

The point, though, was that it's contradictory at best, hypocritical at worst, for an Eagles fan who's a member of a Redskins board to actually ridicule when Redskins fans want to talk about the Eagles....lol...I tend to lean more towards hypocritical, since from what I can see lately his posts never seem to sway from either 1) talking about the Eagles himself (hard to say we're "soooooo obsessed" with the Eagles when he takes every opportunity he can to inject the Eagles into a thread)...or 2) ridiculing us for talking about the Eagles...

I personally don't care if fans from other teams join this site or not...it's the quality of the posts, not the team affiliation, which makes someone enjoyable to have as a member. I merely pointed out his seemingly blind eye to his own contradictions, ones which sabotage his arguments and make them sound even more ridiculous than they already do.

I am rooting HARD for Dallas to WIN. Two reasons:

1. If they win, then our game against them will matter. If they lose beat Philly, their playoff hopes will be high--- we'd have a chance to ruin those hopes.

2. If the Eagles lose to Dallas, chances are they will be ready to play the Rams the following week. Remember, we need the Rams to lose to Arizona and Philly :)

Archived