Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

seahawks win?!?!

skin_finatic

I'm thinking the same thing... I believe we needed the Seahawks to lose. If the Rams lose to the Panthers this afternoon, the Panthers playoff chances improve and our chances decrease... if we were indeed able to beat the Eagles tonight.

I believe we needed the Rams to win and go on and win the West, while having Seattle collapse.

Of course, as it stands now we're only two games back of Minny with three to play and one head to head matchup. Minny might be collapsing.... replacing Seattle as the team we need to collapse.

It would have been better if the Seahawks lost, yeah...and the Vikings having Moss attempt a pass so late in the game when they're in the red zone and only down by four points!!...Ridiculous....

But, if the Vikings keep stumbling, they could very well lose to both Green Bay and the Skins...which would put them at 8-8, and would lose the tie-breaker with the Skins...and if Seattle loses two of their next three (I think they play both the Falcons and the Jets, so it's a very real possibility), they'll end up 8-8 also, and I believe would also lose the tie-breaker with the Skins...

man...i dunno...it sucks that they won, but at the same time minnesota has detroit at detroit next week and then GB the next week.....so its very conceivable they could go 1-1 in those games with us coming up in the last week, of course having to win out to even have a chance....also seattle has NYJ, cards, then ATL...they could go 1-2 in that stretch easily...its not over yet...Still root for the Rams today, so they can knock panthers down a notch...of course all this is arbitrary if we lose today, we HAVE TO win today to have a realistic shot......also Dall, Chi, NYG losing helps alot too.....

Stupid Randy Moss, and then Culpepper held the ball too long and got tackled, he had a chance at completing a TD pass--who knows?

We are, realistically(as we can be on this situation at least,) competing for the 6th spot. That means we need our competitors for the 6th to really take nosedives. I can't worry about Minnesota because it initially appeared they'd get the 5th spot anyway.

Good news is(assuming we win out lol) after today, the only real threats are the Panthers, Vikes,Pack(depends who WINS the north,) Hawks and Rams.

Two of those will be division winners. So we have 3 teams competing for 2 spots.

We don't necessarily want Carolina to lose THIS game. But we DO need them to lose because they only have 7 losses.

The 'plan' is for Washington to grab the last playoff spot while either Minnesota(i doubt GB finishes behind them) or one of the NFC West teams gets the 5th spot.

However, if someone it can work out that Carolina grabs a spot that would have gone to the West, then fine.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

We don't necessarily want Carolina to lose THIS game. But we DO need them to lose because they only have 7 losses.

The 'plan' is for Washington to grab the last playoff spot while either Minnesota(i doubt GB finishes behind them) or one of the NFC West teams gets the 5th spot.

However, if someone it can work out that Carolina grabs a spot that would have gone to the West, then fine.

At the rate things are going, Carolina might get the #5 spot above both Minnesota and Seattle...and the Skins could still get the #6 spot above Minnesota and Seattle as well...

At this point, it looks like Seattle might be a lock to win a playoff spot. Because they have Arizona, and Atlanta at home (the last week of the season) where the Falcons may rest Vick. So, say Seattle loses to the Jets next week, then they win their final two, making them 9-7. I want Carolina to win because the final playoff spot would only have 6 wins (Carolina and the Rams). Then, hopefully, the Rams lose to the Eagles and the Falcons beat the Panthers.

Archived