Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins trade with Raiders

Brave

:soapbox: I'd like to take this time to say EFF the media!

All this crap I had to hear about "Snyder" not even the Redskins, but SNYDER, trading up and making bad 'sexy' moves. We held our ground even when we could of moved up a couple of spots to take DT/WR. Instead we will get a top OG and picked up a 3rd round pick, could go WR/QB.

Our front officed has done a great job. Again Dan Snyder listened to his crew and they were patient. Once they saw they had the chance to move down and still pick up one of their top 3 rated players, BANG they pulled the trigger.

Why don't they write about how surprised they were that "Snyder" went against the media and made the smart move.

As I said in Buddha's chat room... this is a GREAT move! I am VERY impressed with the front office for making this happen. Moving down only 3 slots and grabbing a 3rd rounder for it is an OUTSTANDING move.

Looks like NavyDave might just get his wish for an OG.

I absolutely love this move. 18 was a bit too high for an OG and with Harrington, the 4 big DT's and Stallworth off the board, I think Fonoti or Gurode will be a great pickup at 21.

I still think we can probably trade down again and get either one of them. Let's hope we're still trying to make a deal. :deal:

au contraire.......i view this as a yawner.........picking up a 3rd is a net bene. we will have a solid draft as it appears mendes is in control. however, i don't see anything that really amps things up. going guard in the first round is a waste, in my humble opinion, given that lower rounds can be mined for quality guards. if we go receiver, i view this as a repeat draft from last year which hurts us at other positions (i.e., the ones we should/could have used the 1st pick on for 2 consecutive years). my hope is that we go for pass rush off the edge, and select metcalf in the 2nd round unless we can trade up in the 2nd for ramsey.

Archived