Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Rather to Step Down

afparent

The Associated Press

Updated: 12:28 p.m. ET Nov. 23, 2004NEW YORK - Dan Rather, embattled anchor of the “CBS Evening News,” announced Tuesday that he will step down in March, on the 24th anniversary of taking over the job from Walter Cronkite.

advertisement

According to CBSNews.com, Rather will continue to work full-time as a correspondent for "60 Minutes" and on other news assignments.

“I have been lucky and blessed over these years to have what is, to me, the best job in the world and to have it at CBS News. Along the way, I’ve had the honor of working with some of the most talented, dedicated professionals in the world, and I’m appreciative of the opportunity to continue doing so in the years ahead,” Rather told CBSNews.com.

My personal favorite Rather line was during election night...a line he kept repeating over & over again, "So tell us again Ed...how can John Kerry win the election." Each time he said it you heard a little bit more desperation in his voice.

Farewell Dan. I wonder if the Bush National Gaurd story had something to do with all of this? (Wouldn't surpirse me if it did)

Archived