Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bash Brunell? No Bash Gibbs

Saragoth

For everyone here who likes to talk about how Brunell is killing the Redskins and how much he sucks ... Well Your all right.. but your dumping on the wrong person.

You need to be bashing Gibbs. He has been acting selfish and stubborn.. There are 11 guys on Defense that deserve a better showing from the Offense then this. Not to mention the 10 other guys on Offense that are pouring their hearts out (L.C and Portis in particular) that deserve more from their coach then keeping a quarterback in for personal reasons but for whatever reason he refuses to (at the very least) try to give them that.

Jeremy

i don't know guys.....i'm still in shock that joe gibbs is back in coaching, and i'm super thrilled to see him on the sidelines. it's going to take a year to get back on track, and so far, i'm still on joe's side. i find it very hard to have harsh words for a coaching legend and a hall of famer like joe gibbs.

Originally posted by jaydean

i don't know guys.....i'm still in shock that joe gibbs is back in coaching, and i'm super thrilled to see him on the sidelines. it's going to take a year to get back on track, and so far, i'm still on joe's side. i find it very hard to have harsh words for a coaching legend and a hall of famer like joe gibbs.

My worry is this.. Brunell is already playing so poorly and it's only going to get worse.. He's not going to get any young then 34.. He has 1 maybe 2 years of backup potential left..

Essentially it always concerned me that he was going to be to old to be any kind of superbowl threat type quarterback, by the time we got everything on track..

Which is why PR needed the starting job from... well the start ..

Jeremy

I wouldnt blame Gibbs too much, I mean first off who are any of you to talk? Are you at practice, do you know what is really going on with this team? Maybe Gibbs is working a 2-3 year plan here, maybe he is working to set this team up for the long term after he sorta just ditched us when he first left.

He said it all summer, that it was gonna take time, essentially saying "dont expect to win in the first year."

That said, go back and look, or think about, how many plays should have worked. The slant pass to Gardner that he dropped, shoulda been a TD in NY. Or how about much of the Dallas game where the officiating was so bad, and Coles dropped 3-4 easy passes. Or Brunell's inability to hit his 3rd down passes in the Packers game. I think the scheme works, if everyone executes. Yes, exectution is on the coach, but that will come, I wouldnt say the game has passed him by or anything.

I would rather suck this year, be decent or even make the playoffs next year, and look for a Super Apearance the year after then come back the way Parcells has. It looks like there is no plan. He went to the playoffs last year and the best he can do with a playoff team is the same that Gibbs can do in year one with a poor team.

Originally posted by HoGz - For - Life

For everyone here who likes to talk about how Brunell is killing the Redskins and how much he sucks ... Well Your all right.. but your dumping on the wrong person.

You need to be bashing Gibbs. He has been acting selfish and stubborn.. There are 11 guys on Defense that deserve a better showing from the Offense then this. Not to mention the 10 other guys on Offense that are pouring their hearts out (L.C and Portis in particular) that deserve more from their coach then keeping a quarterback in for personal reasons but for whatever reason he refuses to (at the very least) try to give them that.

Jeremy

For what it's worth, Coach Gibbs and received his fair share of criticism on this board.

Originally posted by MonkeySkin

Hulk bash. Hulk smash.

Just got it. :laugh:

Originally posted by buzzlightbeer81

I wouldnt blame Gibbs too much, I mean first off who are any of you to talk? Are you at practice, do you know what is really going on with this team? Maybe Gibbs is working a 2-3 year plan here, maybe he is working to set this team up for the long term after he sorta just ditched us when he first left.

He said it all summer, that it was gonna take time, essentially saying "dont expect to win in the first year."

That said, go back and look, or think about, how many plays should have worked. The slant pass to Gardner that he dropped, shoulda been a TD in NY. Or how about much of the Dallas game where the officiating was so bad, and Coles dropped 3-4 easy passes. Or Brunell's inability to hit his 3rd down passes in the Packers game. I think the scheme works, if everyone executes. Yes, exectution is on the coach, but that will come, I wouldnt say the game has passed him by or anything.

I would rather suck this year, be decent or even make the playoffs next year, and look for a Super Apearance the year after then come back the way Parcells has. It looks like there is no plan. He went to the playoffs last year and the best he can do with a playoff team is the same that Gibbs can do in year one with a poor team.

Problem is.. We are going to suck next year with Brunell under center.. Sorry but it's true..

Originally posted by terpskins

For what it's worth, Coach Gibbs and received his fair share of criticism on this board.

Just got it. :laugh:

I'm thankful for having Joe Gibbs as the coach.. but sorry he's wrong on this.. Yeah there have been dropped passes.. but there have been more over throws and out of reach passes then drops. And that is on Brunell alone.

Jeremy

I have seen enough of Brunell just put Ramsey in there, the defense is superb if we had just a half decent offense we could be 6-2. Joe made a mistake with Brunell his stats spaek for themselves, the o line has to take some of the blame but when alli s said and done Brunell does not have what he had in Jacksonville.

Originally posted by buzzlightbeer81

who says he will be under center next year? thats a big presumption

If he's not going to be under center next year, where will he be? I don't think his performance this year will lead to many trade options. Do you sit that payroll on the bench? How can Danny possibly give him that many years and that much money? I see some serious salary cap problems for the next few years.

Originally posted by HoGz - For - Life

I'm thankful for having Joe Gibbs as the coach.. but sorry he's wrong on this.. Yeah there have been dropped passes.. but there have been more over throws and out of reach passes then drops. And that is on Brunell alone.

Jeremy

No reason to address me, I've been critical of Coach Gibbs well before this thread came along. I was just trying to point out, that you were mistaken in assuming that people were not critical of him. Moreover, I too I'm thankful that he's our coach and am certain he will figure it out eventually.

Archived