Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bronco fans rant on Bailey yesterday

The_Posse91

For the most part they are making excuses for him i.e how often is bailey gonna fall running in a straight line. Hear this bronco fans what about the game vs tampa when bailey tripped and fell against ROOKIE michael clayton of all people. Once is a fluke, twice is a trend. One bronco fan is starting to see bailey the way we see him. I like his take about bailey on offense not being a factor. Gosh we could have told you that, he couldn't return punts for the life of him let alone play wide out.

So far I am very unimpressed with Champ Bailey, Patrick Surtain held Tory Holt to one catch for 3 yards on sunday....that is a shutdown corner. Lets look at who champ has had to face, Tony Gonzalas...great game by champ, he actually played up to his huge contract. Then we got nobody worth trying to shut down, then on to the Jags, I was at the game, and Jimmy Smith made a fool out of Champ, not as bad as Chad Johnson, but a shutdown corner is suppose to hold people to 1-3 catches, and almost never gets beat deep. He shut down Mushin Muhammed, great but if Steve Smith was in there I think it would have been a different story.....hey wait wasnt that him tripping against Michael Clayton and the bucs....what the hell kinda shoes does this guy wear, suppose to be the most agile speedy aware corner out there and he looks worse then deltha Oneal at times. Plus he wants to play offense and he has dropped some easy ass passes. Chad Johnson is a great WR, and well he made the supposedly best corner in league look like an idiot out there tonight...I still like the trade, (Portis for Bailey and 2nd round pick), but if this guy wants to say he is the best....play as the freaking best...so far he aint in my top 3 for corners, I would rather have Chris McCalister, Pat Surtain or Ty Law. But Right now I believe Pat Surtain is the best corner in league...and Im a huge Bronco fan.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20477

Look it comes down to this. A damn near rookie QB went after Champ. A damn near rookie!!!! Unless we have lowered our standards when defining a "shut down" corner, he is not one. I remembered when you never heard D. Green's name the whole broadcast. And as much as I hated him, Deion did take away at least his part of the field and you were playing with dynamite. In Deion year with the Skins, he gave up 1 TD. No he didn't do anything spectacular but he played a solid CB, He was around 34 then. Champ is in his prime and gets burnt at least 4 times a year.

I don't hate Champ or anything but I'm really glad he doesn't play for the Skins anymore. I always found the guy hard to root for.

He never seemed to care about the team at all...it always seemed to be all about him and what he could achieve.

That attitude wouldn't fit around here anymore.

That and his attempts to play offense are a joke. His hands suck.

Champ simply is not consistent, and does get beat deep on occasion. Neither Deion of D. Green got beat deep. Heck, Deion is still playing the deep ball well this year. Chris McCalister, Pat Surtain and Ty Law are better than Champ. Champ, however, is still a very good corner and is just behind the three just mentioned.

Originally posted by afparent

Look it comes down to this. A damn near rookie QB went after Champ. A damn near rookie!!!! Unless we have lowered our standards when defining a "shut down" corner, he is not one. I remembered when you never heard D. Green's name the whole broadcast. And as much as I hated him, Deion did take away at least his part of the field and you were playing with dynamite. In Deion year with the Skins, he gave up 1 TD. No he didn't do anything spectacular but he played a solid CB, He was around 34 then. Champ is in his prime and gets burnt at least 4 times a year.

Very good points. Sometimes you forget that when you are talking about CB, its actually a pretty good thing when you go the whole game without hearing their name being called....except for when they come up and make a great tackle in the back field like Smooty did last week.

Originally posted by wildbill

I don't hate Champ or anything but I'm really glad he doesn't play for the Skins anymore. I always found the guy hard to root for.

He never seemed to care about the team at all...it always seemed to be all about him and what he could achieve.

I'm with this. Except for the fact that I do hate champ.

But while he was here I was not a big fan. All he ever wanted to talk about is how he was the best and he never proved it. He wanted a big contract to prove it but now he is not living up to that contract.

He can keep with a receiver all day, but he cant make a play on the ball when it comes.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

Well the league will surely wake up, but Portis needs to get a few more big games under his belt for anyone to even think that we may have broken even on this deal.

Well, that may take a bit. The offense right now is a work in progress. I think once things get ironed out some we will see only good things from Portis. Problems on the line may hold him back some all season though.

Champ doesn't have to worry about those things... just go cover your man. It's just not a fair comparison at this point.

I am certain (as Bronco fans are beginning to see) that time will prove the Skins got the better of this one.

BTW

Champ is not just falling or tripping b/c of bad luck or a fluke. He is falling because his main game is to use leverage to cover a guy. On that first play where he got beat for the TD that was him falling for the double move. You dont usually see it like that b/c most guys will jump at it and try to jump the route, but Champ tries to lean on the WR and force him to round off the route and give himself the inside position, as soon as he leaned on Johnsohn, Chad did the smart thing and pulled off, as everyone obviously knows if you are putting your weight on someone and they pull away you fall down, its the same thing that happened to him against Clayton.

I still can't believe he was mic'ed up for that ESPN Sunday Night game. I mean, I don't even know what he sounds like, he didn't speak for the years he was here. :whoknows:

I'm not going to hate on Champ, because he is a fantastic CB. But he did get owned by Chad Johnson. And I'm very happy with the trade.

Originally posted by TheDane

I still can't believe he was mic'ed up for that ESPN Sunday Night game. I mean, I don't even know what he sounds like, he didn't speak for the years he was here. :whoknows:

I'm not going to hate on Champ, because he is a fantastic CB. But he did get owned by Chad Johnson. And I'm very happy with the trade.

hahaha he sounded like an obnoxious woman

yea for real, I never knew what the sounded like in all his years in washington. Thats so funny i thought i was the only one. Wasn't he mic'd up yesterday?? i sure if they played back what he was saying yesteryday he'd be saying things like, "who is this amani toomer?"

In a NUTSHELL!! :)

Originally posted by afparent

Deion was the one people threw on the year he was here and you know it. I challenge you. Champ didn't give up one TD that year. Deion gave numerous key 1st downs in the game against Detroit. Plus Deion is good but he's not a better tackler than Champ. Also While Deion is good but he's a front runner and what I call a sports Whore. He hops around from team to team trying to get with winner. He's gonna get a yeast infection from doint that. Why did Deion always duck Randy Moss when Dallas played the Vikings. Talking about his toe was hurt. Champ bottom line over the years has held his own against David Boston, Keyshawn Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens, Santana Moss, Peerless Price, Koren Robinson, Rod Smith, Derrick Mason, Joe Horn & Torry Holt. He actually got worked and gave up over 100yds last night. I don't see him giving up 100yd. games on a rountine basis. People get carried away with the term shut down corner. There has been a lot wrong with the Skins over the last 8 or 9 years. To act like Champ has been the problem makes me laugh. People talk like Champ is a bum. You wait to see him beat and then yell see I told you so. I hope Denver fans don't look at our games and then say "see I'm glad Portis is gone".

Yeah Champ was real selfish. He never missed a game. made the pro bowl 4 out of 5 years. He took a chance and played 1 more year to get the money he knew he'd get on the open free agent market. Even when the Skins were eliminated from the playoffs, he still played risking getting injured despite a contracting looming. Yeah he's really selfish. I guess Ray Lewis should retire. KC destroyed him this year. Does that make him an awful player. Torry Holt had 1 catch against Miami. Is he terrible.

Also I'm getting tired of everyone that brings up D. Sanders name like he never got toasted when he was with the Falcons. Jerry Rice busted the Falcons for 5 TD's, Henry Ellard and Flipper Anderson got out on the Falcons on a regular basis. Anthony Carter of the Vikings torched him. And we all know what the Skins and the posse did to the Falcons. Does this make Deion a bum NO. But if you all want to reach where Champ is concerned, hold the same criteria period. I don't know how old some of you are but I rememeber when Clown Sanders was with the Falcons and can remember him having bad games. So get it right. He goes to the 49ers and Cowbums and people forget but I haven't.

the comparison of "who got the better end of the trade" is getting old. What the media forgets is that Champ was outa here reguardless. He did not want to be a redskin. We basically gave a draft pick for Portis. Bailey's contract was up, he would of held-out of camp or walked. He was as Gone as gone gets.

Originally posted by Gamebreaker

DC,

I think you're also forgetting that in two meetings, Champ has shutdown Terrell Owens twice. Something our Shawn Springs DEFINITELY can't admit to.

You're right. I Man generally performs at a highlevel for 5 years and one of the few Skins who never said a word until his contract came due and gets villified for it. Amazing. Players around the league hold out or threaten to when their contract isn't up and nothing is said. Why shouldn't the man say something if he feels he being low balled. The Skins have had a habit of awarding others teams players but won't sign their own. I know Champ could look at them signing Coles,Brunell, Trotter & Sanders over the past few years and then think well at least compensate me for never missing a game and perfoming at a pro bowl level. People act like he was arrogant for saying it.

Archived