Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You got us. But spare a thought for Bears fans everywhere...

Willie Gault

Yeah, you won. Portis had a fine game and you hung on and won.

But please do me one thing: when you say your prayers tonight, be nice & throw one in for Bears fans suffering through Jonathan Quinn.

I'm not one of those fans who says every loss was unfair and how the officals stole the game blah blah blah, but its really frustrating to watch your team play with one arm tied behind its back.

So, not to take anything away from the Skins - who won a game they had to - please take a moment to thank whoever you believe in that Quinn doesn't wear burgundy.

I don't know where a win is going to come from with this guy behind centre....

Ummm...you want US to feel sorry for YOU?

Sorry, our guy sucks EVERY bit as much as your guy. The troubling thing is that your guy is supposed to struggle as a former back-up thrust into the spotlight. Our guy is an experienced former Pro Bowl QB who can no longer hit the broad side of a barn with, well anything.

Plus you can feel confident that your coach is only playing Quinn because HE HAS TO. Noone around here can figure out why the hell Gibbs is sticking with Brunell. It's just demoralizing.

the bears might as well start krenzel...even if quinn is outperforming him in practice...we know quinn's crap, everyone does, pretty much, might as well see if you've got a tom brady on your bench...i dunno

edit: Tom brady is just an average QB who gets al the time in the world to pick his reciever. Gibbs said it himself: "Behind a solid offensive line, theres about 100 guys who can play QB in the NFL, without an O-line, there's maybe 5. I put Tom Brady somewhere in the top 50 of those guys, definitely not good enough to monopolize the screen on the pregame shows like he does now. It's annoying.

Quinn was just awful. However, MAYBE as the season wears on and he gets more comfortable with the offense, he'll be competant enough to keep the offense moving a little. Wasn't this only his second or third start ever? We lucked out in that we got to play him so early.

That's the best I can do for ya. :)

Originally posted by Willie Gault

Yeah, you won. Portis had a fine game and you hung on and won.

But please do me one thing: when you say your prayers tonight, be nice & throw one in for Bears fans suffering through Jonathan Quinn.

I'm not one of those fans who says every loss was unfair and how the officals stole the game blah blah blah, but its really frustrating to watch your team play with one arm tied behind its back.

So, not to take anything away from the Skins - who won a game they had to - please take a moment to thank whoever you believe in that Quinn doesn't wear burgundy.

I don't know where a win is going to come from with this guy behind centre....

We are suffering as you all are. Brunell actually had wide open WR's that he missed. I didnt see Quinn getting much help from his WR's. But true he cant be a starting QB in this league.

Thomas Jones is a great pickup though, that guy has got some speed and power that cant be matched by many backs in the NFL, bout time somebody gave him a chance to be a feature back.

And who the hell is that RDE!!! Damnit I forgot his name, I should remember it I heard it so many times. That guy was absolutely killing us! And he was going against Samuels too. Where did he come from, he was insane.

Quinn was awful, but so was Brunell. Bears fans should be excited though. New coach, good young qb, good defense, youngest team in the league. I think the Bears are going to be good next year, and would have surprised some people this year if Grossman had not gotten hurt.

Quinn was absolutely terrible. But, to be fair, you only had, maybe, one guy you knew was open all day that he missed. We just shut down all of your routes and our defenders are just better than your receivers. Grossman would have gotten a little more going, no doubt, but, in the end, you just didn't have the personnel to do much against us. Most teams don't though.

Don't want to defend the guy too much, but you have to keep in mind that Quinn was playing a tough defense. It's a bit much to expect him to perform well in the face of a defense set up specifically to have guys coming at him from all areas of the field.

He simply wasn't able to read the field, process what he saw and make the correct decision in the time he had. I suspect quite a few "better" QBs would have had a tough day yesterday as well.

Originally posted by Raub

I thought I saw a glimpse of Chad Hutchinson on the Bears sidelines. Did they sign him? He might be a better QB solution for the rest of the year.

Yeah they signed him. I was actually checking out the bears fans' game thread and a lot of them were calling for him. When fans are calling for Hutch, things can't get any worse. :doh:

Like I said the other day our defense outranked your offense and defense so we won and for a change we were supposed to. Unfortunately the media lulled you into false sense of security because not one person in the media gave the skins a chance.

Hint: If everyone on inside the NFL picks your team to win, it usually doesn't happen!

Good game and sorry for you woes but we have been living this for a long time... at least your guys were good in like 2001 or something... !

Welcome to the board anyway I hope you don't leave now that you won't be playing us until the NFC Champioship game in 2005!!

Archived