Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rapper: People 'cheered when 9-11 happened'

afparent

"So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm - justice.' "

well, that's a quote....so if he didn't say it, then file your litigation mr krs-1. i like how he talks in the third person at the beginning of his latest backpedalling statements....

is he the spokesperson for the hip hop community? the community that is getting rich off of the white middle class? because I guarantee that's the demographic for the MAJORITY of their record sales.....

i find it disturbing, and i would be relieved if other true leaders in the "hiphop" community would call him out on it....

Originally posted by atlhawksfan

He did, it's just not as publicized.

I would like to know exactly what he did say, then. Sounds like a whole lot of backpedalling and "err... what I actually meant was, bla, bla, bla... " to me.

Looks like someone threatened to cut off his only current form of income via speaking engagements and now he's doing damage control.

Nick

Originally posted by afparent

The atrocity of 9-11 "doesn't affect us the hip-hop community," he said. "9-11 happened to them, not us," he added, explaining that by "them" he meant "the rich ... those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations."

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1014krs14-ON.html

Cute.........real fcuking cute.........

*comment deleted*

Originally posted by ntotoro

I would like to know exactly what he did say, then. Sounds like a whole lot of backpedalling and "err... what I actually meant was, bla, bla, bla... " to me.

Looks like someone threatened to cut off his only current form of income via speaking engagements and now he's doing damage control.

Nick

Yeah, and I don't care who get's p.o.ed by this comment. Obviously, KRS-One is stupid as hell. You MAY... JUST MAY, not want to say that 9/11 was "mmmm justice" and that "9/11 happend to them not us" If you are making your living by speaking at College's and Universities, across the country. (With somebody like this speaking at schools across the country, it's no wonder the "blame America" crowd seems to be growing)

Does anybody really believe that this guy didn't make those comments? Would Daily News really risk the law-suit he will no doubt lay on them? (because that's what we do nowadays) just for an opportunity to mis-quote him? ...and as an American, in one of the most maliscious ways imaginable?

I wonder if there is a tape? I don't buy his damage control retraction. KR, you said what you said, so if you believed it so much, then why are you backing off now that all eyes are on you? Are you weak, or did you realize you were probably going to screw up your bank account?

ATlhawksfan

Just as with Jadakiss obvious political commentary, you seem obsessed with being hip hop's apologist.

See, Wu Tang had a song(can't remember the name, but I do remember how it goes) that actually mentioned 9/11 but displayed anger and a desire for vengeance and justice(and war.) So I don't need to explain them, though I'm certain now some of them feel differently because hip hop is filled with racist conspiracy theorists.

Even intelligent rappers like Talib Kweli and Mos Def basically fall in line with the rest of the political black community---FAR LEFT. Whether it be Mumia "GD I'm guilty" Abu Jamal or some other cause.

Ever watch Def Poetry Jam? They have some Arab-American B___ on there that said after 9/11 that now we know how people in Gaza and the West Bank feel?! UH...the same people that support terrorism by a vast majority and are responsible for the DELIBERATE murder of civilians. The same people that had a walk-in display at their university that had human body parts and blood that was supposed to represent the Jews killed in a Sbarro pizza place??

Look, the fact is, KRS One is a GD moron at whose death I would laugh. Problem is, he isn't THAT far from what I read from certain quarters after 9/11. It's not that blacks cheered at all. But afte the fact, I read more than one article that talked about how it's something that affected whites or "them" not "us." That's a far cry from cheering and it's probably a tiny minority but KRS ONe reminds me that the black community suffers from a greater PERCENTAGE of just hateful virulent racists than any other group.

KRS One's backpedal doesn't actually say that he was truly misquoted. What the hell is the 'context' of those remarks other than some type of half-joke that he cancelled out by being serious in the next moment.

HIs backpedal seems to be about the same quality(meaning poor) as Jadakiss' explanation of his song mentioning Bush knocking down the towers. A song filled with direct imagery and literal meaning, but that ONE line, yeah, we're supposed to be metaphorical about. RIiiiiiiight LOL

Originally posted by AJWatson3

so we are speaking in terms of "if _____ could get away with it" then...? that is a scary proposition and not just for the terrorists...

I'm not talking in terms of law enforcement, AJ, you know that.

I'm only doing that very personal individual evaluation of what I feel is in someone's heart. It's like the 60s, some professors were sympathetic to the Weathermen or other domestic terrorist groups but would they PARTICIPATE directly? No, they don't want to get caught or mess up their position in life.

But if they could get away with it? Oh, trust me, there are tons of people already on the fringe who would do all kinds of sick ish if given a chance.

Originally posted by AJWatson3

well, i see what you mean, but the truth is that there are all kinds of people, not just fringe types, who would do a lot of ill **** if given the chance. it's the fact that people don't do it that either makes them weak, or just right-minded.

True, but thus far I'm not seeing a sincere accusation of false attribution here from KRS ONE. THat makes me think he DID say these things and I really don't know if there is a justifiable "context" and if there were, why not state it?

My guess is that he simply ran his mouth and didn't know people were going to run with his words.

IN any event, KRS One doesn't seem to be "right-minded" just weak. I wouldn't care one bit if he got ran over, unless he had kids that needed his financial support(and hope that they turn out better than their father.)

KRS-1 didn't seem to deny making the remarks, but said they were out of "context." Though, as someone said, God knows what context his words could be used in, with any sensibility.

What a coward - he makes a crazy, cold-hearted statement, and how he's too cowardly to stand by it. The truth is, he knows what he said isn't true, and he is getting some backlash. It shows that folks of every race has to deal with their crazy, out-of-touch counter-parts.

And the man can make some music - it's sad that he has to make such despicable statements. Hopefully, though, the quote WAS completely false, which he needs to state that he said nothing even closely resembling what was reported.

Originally posted by Brooklynskinsfan

I asked why did u post this because i saw this as a way to atack the rap comunity and the black community trash like this should be ignored because it was an ignorant statement

How is quoting an article "attacking" rap or the black community??

Oh, so someone like KRS-One can just say anything he likes and not expect to take some heat for it? And if he DOES take heat, which he would deserve if he actually did say that, it suddenly becomes an attack on a larger group?

That smells like a lot of BS to me!

Originally posted by Resurrection

Yeah, and I don't care who get's p.o.ed by this comment. Obviously, KRS-One is stupid as hell. You MAY... JUST MAY, not want to say that 9/11 was "mmmm justice" and that "9/11 happend to them not us" If you are making your living by speaking at College's and Universities, across the country. (With somebody like this speaking at schools across the country, it's no wonder the "blame America" crowd seems to be growing)

Does anybody really believe that this guy didn't make those comments? Would Daily News really risk the law-suit he will no doubt lay on them? (because that's what we do nowadays) just for an opportunity to mis-quote him? ...and as an American, in one of the most maliscious ways imaginable?

I wonder if there is a tape? I don't buy his damage control retraction. KR, you said what you said, so if you believed it so much, then why are you backing off now that all eyes are on you? Are you weak, or did you realize you were probably going to screw up your bank account?

this isnt the first time the daily news has done this

Originally posted by Brave

How is quoting an article "attacking" rap or the black community??

Oh, so someone like KRS-One can just say anything he likes and not expect to take some heat for it? And if he DOES take heat, which he would deserve if he actually did say that, it suddenly becomes an attack on a larger group?

That smells like a lot of BS to me!

ur smelling urself

Brooklynskinsfan

You're on my ignore list, but I have to ask:

Are you retarded? Are people not allowed to post news or quotes that would seem irrational or hateful SIMPLY because they are coming from a black person?

How f-ing stupid and racist a view is that? No one on this thread said anything about black people, or even really about rap music. Well, I did, and I've been listening to hip hop since before you were BORN, I have the right to criticize certain elements in that musical community(one need only watch Def Poetry Slam, er Jam) to see how such elements manifest themselves.

Either go learn the ability to be objective or don't respond with ignorant posts and attacks on other people.

Archived