Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

if we had to do it again

bsmsss

maybe we should have used the money we spent on barrow and daniels and put it to kearse instead

i recall seeing gibbs saying if we got kearse we wouldnt be able to sign 2-3 other free agents

well 2 of our signings are big time bust--so why not get the best instead of 2-3 medicore players

Dude, Barrow has been a stud health-wise before he came here. And Daniels former D-Cordinator is coaching our D-line. Kearse wanted a rediculous amount of money and we thought we could get more if we didn't sign him. No one saw it coming, pierce being a beast. No one saw it coming, Barrow being on the bench. Maybe Daniels. But we ALL saw it coming with Kearse. Pretty much every game I've watched him play with the eagles he's come off the feild from time to time because of that ankle. He wasn't worth it, and we still have the #3 ranked D in the leauge. In other words, move on, I don't care.

There is that. ;)

Remember this topic came up not too long ago. Think the response then still goes now. Ok. That said.

First. let's revisit the news about Kearse signing with the Eagles.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/...ighlight=Kearse

And Daniels signing with the Redskins.

From what I can see, the 2 are not related, so including Daniels in this equation for that reason could be a mistake

As for Barrow, he was signed well after kearse went to the Eagles.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/...ighlight=barrow

Basically. I'm saying that the signing of Daniels seems to have had no impact on the team's willingness to sign Kearse and possibly even affording to do so. Since they were persuing both at the same time apparently, I'm going to assume that they had the money to do so. As for Barrow, since not only was he signed a month and a half after Kearse had signed with the Eagles, he wasn't released by the Giants till nearly a week after Kearse had signed with Philly. No way he can be part of the equation here.

Originally posted by sammino

Kearse got a 18mil signining bonus. Barrow got a 2.5mil signing bonus while Daniels got about the same (maybe slightly more). Now you do the math

Kearse asked for $20 mil upfront!!!! That is why he isn't a Redskin. He got it from Philly, more power to him but he isnt worth $20 mil. "He didn't get $20 mil." you say? Sure he did, I explain how Philly put it in to help them in the salary structure. $16 mil. was the actual bonus *PLUS* a $2mil. Roster bonus for the '05 and '06 seasons "AS IF" he is getting cut soon. So that, is the $20 mil. that Kearse wanted and got! OTOH, Barrow ($2.5 mil.) and Daniels ($3.0 mil) were easily afforded. So was the S. Springs (10.25 mil) too. Those other players "WOULD NOT" be in Washington, if we had Kearse.....period! Not signing Kearse was a "Good thing" no doubt!

Originally posted by Park City Skins

There is that. ;)

Remember this topic came up not too long ago. Think the response then still goes now. Ok. That said.

First. let's revisit the news about Kearse signing with the Eagles.

And Daniels signing with the Redskins.

From what I can see, the 2 are not related, so including Daniels in this equation for that reason could be a mistake

As for Barrow, he was signed well after kearse went to the Eagles.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/...ighlight=barrow

Basically. I'm saying that the signing of Daniels seems to have had no impact on the team's willingness to sign Kearse and possibly even affording to do so. Since they were persuing both at the same time apparently, I'm going to assume that they had the money to do so. As for Barrow, since not only was he signed a month and a half after Kearse had signed with the Eagles, he wasn't released by the Giants till nearly a week after Kearse had signed with Philly. No way he can be part of the equation here.

You're absolutley right.

1. Like TO, Kearse wanted to go to a team that was already a contender, so the chances of him coming here were remote from what I am to understand.

2. Kearse is a player that himself has had serious injury problems and that foot that he has re-injued and had surgery on during his career is something that could follow him to Philly. Remember Synder has gotten roasted in the past for laying out bucks for guys like Deion Sanders and Mark Carrier that had chronic injury probles in the past. I am sure there was some hesitation about his ability to play a full schedule.

3. Right now, the Redskins need on defense more than anything else is getting Arrington and Daniels back healthy :)

The Redskins defense hasn't lost two of the first three games and the last time I checked Jevon Kearse didn't block rushmen or throw the football :D

Our problems have come on offense where we have made some stupid mistakes and had some coaching gaffes as well.

A lesser problem has been the rather ordinary special teams, outside of Tom Tupa.

Opponents have had some good returns on us meanwhile the blocking for Morton hasn't gotten any better from last season.

Morton as well has contributed to some of the poor field position with his tendency to juke people and move laterally instead of heading up the field and going North-South as the Redskin's best returners Brian Mithchell and Mike Nelms did in the past.

Originally posted by bulldog

Morton as well has contributed to some of the poor field position with his tendency to juke people and move laterally instead of heading up the field and going North-South as the Redskin's best returners Brian Mithchell and Mike Nelms did in the past.

I disagree on this point, at least on KOs. After the Giants game, someone posted the criticism of Morton that he always ran straight up the field behind the wedge, rather than going to the side of the field where there were fewer defenders. After seeing that comment, I paid attention to what he did in the Dallas game, and it DID seem to me that he ran behind the wedge on most KO returns.

I would agree that he jukes too much as a RB out of the backfield, and he never seems to get much yardage on punt returns, but on KOs he mostly runs straight up the field and into the knot of tacklers in front of the wedge.:2cents:

Originally posted by MidPennSkin

I disagree on this point, at least on KOs. After the Giants game, someone posted the criticism of Morton that he always ran straight up the field behind the wedge, rather than going to the side of the field where there were fewer defenders. After seeing that comment, I paid attention to what he did in the Dallas game, and it DID seem to me that he ran behind the wedge on most KO returns.

I would agree that he jukes too much as a RB out of the backfield, and he never seems to get much yardage on punt returns, but on KOs he mostly runs straight up the field and into the knot of tacklers in front of the wedge.:2cents:

You know that actually you contadicted yourself.

Archived