Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we ignore all the bogus calls by the refs.....then I say we lost because.....

NoCalMike

Lack of Pass rush. Early on, it looked like we would get to Vinny with ease, but that feeling soon passed as the game wore on. We were burned on too many 3rd downs where Vinny had too much time to check down receivers and find SOMEONE out there open. Regardless of the officials bs calls, if there is one thing I can point to that was entirely OUR FAULT, it was the lack of pass rush.......I guess Bowen going out hurt, and Arrington not being in there to pass the rusher and be used a decoy, hurt...a lot.

I don't think you can pinpoint any specific thing.

The Cowboys just made the plays when given the opportunity. That's the fundamental difference. The Cowboys either did zip on offense, or scored. They took advantage of their chances. The Redskins aren't doing that.

Yet. :)

Originally posted by NoCalMike

Lack of Pass rush. Early on, it looked like we would get to Vinny with ease, but that feeling soon passed as the game wore on. We were burned on too many 3rd downs where Vinny had too much time to check down receivers and find SOMEONE out there open. Regardless of the officials bs calls, if there is one thing I can point to that was entirely OUR FAULT, it was the lack of pass rush.......I guess Bowen going out hurt, and Arrington not being in there to pass the rusher and be used a decoy, hurt...a lot.

:laugh: More and more of you will realize this as the season goes on.

Our achilles heal is pass rush.

I thought the game changed after we scored the td, stopped them three and out, and had momentum finally in our favor. Portis had been running strong and I was pumped because I knew that this was when Joe would give them a solid dose of the running game and run some clock. Instead we went three and out in 15 seconds with three straight pass plays. So unlike the Joe Gibbs that I remember.

Archived