Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts From Section 126...

RedskinsNation

Regarding the Fans in our section.

B+

- IMO it felt like there were quite a few "first timers" who honestly didnt know how to act/felt intimated and/or stupid about getting rowdy and loud.

I was w/6 of my neanderthal friends and right now my throat is hoarse and sore. We werent obnoxious but we were loud as was our section for the most part. There were a few "family of 4" types that I noticed in our section and those are the types that dont make much noise - Its not a baseball game. I also noticed a ton of older folks there and they can only get but so rowdy for obvious reasons

Also I think that I agree about the 1st & 4th qtrs as being far more rowdy. I was peaking early in the 1st & then got it going hardcore early in the 4th but I think this was due to the pounding sun & heat that wore me out plus my head was throbing w/pain from all the screaming/banging around. I think the crowd got worn out from the heat/sun in the 2nd/3rd qtrs. plus we did nothing on Offense.

One thing that has always been weird to me is when I see people (who are wearing Skins gear-and obvious fans) just sitting down while its a 3rd down and everyones on their feet. These people must be out of place-----why go to the game?!?!?!?!? They dont show ANY emotion/enthusiasm at all.

One other thing...I saw very few Bucs fans at the game. However there was one 50cent clone wearing a D.Brooks jersey and the fans here were verbally maiming him. I thought there was gonna be a 1-20 rumble but since he was in the 2nd row security was close by.

The only A+ (fans) game Ive been to was the '99 Detroit playoff game. Last years Jets game was probably an A-.

Originally posted by RedskinsNation

Regarding the Fans in our section.

B+

- IMO it felt like there were quite a few "first timers" who honestly didnt know how to act/felt intimated and/or stupid about getting rowdy and loud.

I was w/6 of my neanderthal friends and right now my throat is hoarse and sore. We werent obnoxious but we were loud as was our section for the most part. There were a few "family of 4" types that I noticed in our section and those are the types that dont make much noise - Its not a baseball game. I also noticed a ton of older folks there and they can only get but so rowdy for obvious reasons

Also I think that I agree about the 1st & 4th qtrs as being far more rowdy. I was peaking early in the 1st & then got it going hardcore early in the 4th but I think this was due to the pounding sun & heat that wore me out plus my head was throbing w/pain from all the screaming/banging around. I think the crowd got worn out from the heat/sun in the 2nd/3rd qtrs. plus we did nothing on Offense.

One thing that has always been weird to me is when I see people (who are wearing Skins gear-and obvious fans) just sitting down while its a 3rd down and everyones on their feet. These people must be out of place-----why go to the game?!?!?!?!? They dont show ANY emotion/enthusiasm at all.

One other thing...I saw very few Bucs fans at the game. However there was one 50cent clone wearing a D.Brooks jersey and the fans here were verbally maiming him. I thought there was gonna be a 1-20 rumble but since he was in the 2nd row security was close by.

The only A+ (fans) game Ive been to was the '99 Detroit playoff game. Last years Jets game was probably an A-.

Completely agree....There was a lot more older people...I guess with Gibbs' first game back, it brought back the old folks...

It really disturbs me as well to see fans just sit on their a*s. People were getting sick of me in my section (423). I'm literally turned around, trying to get people pumped up and they're looking at me funny.

I think the crowd would have been more pumped up had Gibbs let the PA announcer introduce him....Why were we there at 12 again?

i was hoping when i got to the stadium that snyder had actually removed all the seats and just had a number on the ground where you were supposed to stand. there was absolutley no reason to be sitting down yesterday. even during the lull's when i was sitting there was so much energy in that stadium that my leg was twitching and i found myself basically breathing ontop of the guy sitting in front of me ( i dont think he liked me very much, but oh well). i say ban seats in fedex and keep everone on their feet and making noise.

I was at the 1999 Detroit playoff game, and the section I was in was pretty lame. I lost my voice in the first quarter, but there were many folks who just sat on their arses and simply refused to make any noise...it was a PLAYOFF GAME for crissakes!!!!

Originally posted by RedskinsNation

Dustin, I need to get you a ticket to come down and sit w/us.

I enjoy standing but I feel like the people behind me are gonna raise hell if I do it too much.

Yeah....I wouldn't normally care...wearing the gorilla suit and all. But, yesterday was to hot to wear it...so everyone was getting pissed.

I sit in the last row in 226 and I love it. I sat on the top of my seat the whole game yelling my head off. I got blessed with great view(no pillars in the way) also. Our section was pretty loud with me leading the charge for our defense. It will take me two weeks to recover my voice. Just in time for Dallass.

:wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I had the same problem.

big 3rd down, 4th quarter, game on the line. i'm up & screaming trying to play my role as the 12th man for the defense.

someone 3 rows behind me yells @ me....i ignored them, until the person behind me did the same.

i turned back & let them have it....."Take your ass up I-95 North & sit in your seats while the Ravens play"......"Joe Gibbs is back, its 3rd down, I"m going to stand up".

I dont advocate standing up the entire game, close 3rd downs, our defense needs to know we are there!

Originally posted by SkinsLegacy44

I had the same problem.

big 3rd down, 4th quarter, game on the line. i'm up & screaming trying to play my role as the 12th man for the defense.

someone 3 rows behind me yells @ me....i ignored them, until the person behind me did the same.

i turned back & let them have it....."Take your ass up I-95 North & sit in your seats while the Ravens play"......"Joe Gibbs is back, its 3rd down, I"m going to stand up".

I dont advocate standing up the entire game, close 3rd downs, our defense needs to know we are there!

I agree, My friend has seats down in section I believe 122 under cover. Now they are great seats there but I HATE sitting there as you can't stand up for anything, The people jump down your throat if you stand up for any play. I can imagine with the seats they put in behind those people it's just worse.

Most of the people in those seats I gather have been there for years, It's just sad and they really do get real upset if you stand up.

Thats why I prefer to be up top.

I have tickets to the Packers game, section 120...I'll be screaming my ass off...should be a good time.

The noise wasn't particularly apparent on TV yesterday, but the players did comment on it. Must've been FOX's fault for not properly accentuating the crowd noise. ABC and CBS do a better job.

What up Redskins Nation? I saw your post a couple days ago saying what section you were in. Section 127 Row 15 Seat 36. I can definetely say there were many Wine and Cheesers who were sitting in front of me just looking back because I was maybe being a tad too loud. When stuff like that happens I just become louder. Screw 'em:mad: :helmet:

Archived