Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video: Wilbon crushes Pasquarelli

johnt

Come on just because Hodge picked the Eagles to finish second & miss the playoffs this year is not a bias angianst Philly. It is an opinion based on his belief that they can't win the division without a running game. He was on the Philly bandwagon last season. Plus he doesn't go out of his way to take shots at the eagles in his discussions or columns .... even when the Eagles are not the topic of the article. His manner & tone does not promote anger and dislike as Lenny does in discussing Dan Snyder & the Redskins.

tr.v. bi·ased,

To influence in a particular, typically unfair direction; prejudice.

Originally posted by Art

Lenny has LONG had an agenda against the Redskins. It's not a secret or a statement that anyone can pretend is false. Wilbon took him to task on a local news show though. He didn't make those comments on PTI :).

Art, once again I think you hit the nail on the head. While Wilbon did call out Pastabelly, he did it on LOCAL SPORTS, not national. If he had made those comments on PTI, or even Sports Reporters (Sunday mornings on ESPN) that would be alittle different, but he didn't. Instead, he made the comments wear nobody would hear them but Redskin fans, in other words NOT Pasta, and NOT ESPN.

Oh, I expect the Bloated One will hear about this even if it was local. He seems pretty thin-skinned.

And benevolent anarchist, the B. O. has had a problem with the Skins for years. The past year or so there was a significant thaw as Pasta wrote admiringly about Spurrier, seemingly based more on getting inside access to the Redskins organization than on any report's instinct. That came to a screeching halt when the Skins hired Gibbs. The B. O. had an early story that Snyder and Gibbs had met, but the Skins denied anything was in the offing. When somebody, think it was Jay Glazer, broke the "scoop" that Gibbs was back, B. O. went ballistic. His writing on the Skins since has been so spiteful as to be barely coherent. That's why B. O.'s beef is with the management, because they fed the scoop to somebody else.

Notice how, when you talk about Len, words like "beef" and "fed" just kind of crop up all by themselves?:laugh:

Originally posted by jrfriedm

Art, once again I think you hit the nail on the head. While Wilbon did call out Pastabelly, he did it on LOCAL SPORTS, not national. If he had made those comments on PTI, or even Sports Reporters (Sunday mornings on ESPN) that would be alittle different, but he didn't. Instead, he made the comments wear nobody would hear them but Redskin fans, in other words NOT Pasta, and NOT ESPN.

First of all, does anyone know if this article came up as a subject on PTI at all????

I doubt that it did, being that I Tivo and watch PTI on a daily basis. It's one thing to make comments about an article that G. Michael brings up specifically on a show based on reporting and discussing Redskin issues. It's another to specifically bring the issue up, out of the the blue on PTI.

ESPN probably doesn't give a flying sh*t anyway. I'm sure Lenny's articles don't go from being written, straight to the ESPN web site. An espn editor of some sort must have approved it before it ended up on the ESPN web site.

I don't believe that he sits around reading all of Lenny's articles. Nor do I believe that he'd bite his tongue if the article were brought to his attention on PTI.

Archived