Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Father allegedly attempts son's circumcision after Bible reading

Sea Bass

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002029859_webcircumcision08.html

Father allegedly attempts son's circumcision after Bible reading

The Associated Press

VANCOUVER, Wash. — A father who allegedly tried to circumcise his 8-year-old son in the bathroom after reading selections from the Bible has been charged with first-degree assault of a child.

Edwin Bruce Baxter, 33, was charged yesterday in Clark County Superior Court. Judge Diane Woolard set bail at $50,000 and scheduled an arraignment for Sept. 17.

If convicted, Baxter faces at least 10 years in prison.

According to a probable-cause affidavit, Baxter told sheriff's deputies he tried to circumcise his son with a knife Friday after reading Genesis 17 and Exodus 4 - both passages refer to the procedure.

He became concerned and called 911 when the boy appeared to be losing too much blood.

Baxter told deputies he had no medical training.

The boy was taken to Southwest Washington Medical Center, where he received several stitches.

Baxter, of Ridgefield, is married with nine children. He works as a truck driver with Helser Brothers Transfer Co. in Portland, Ore., according to court documents.

The parents have been reported in the past for allegedly failing to enroll their children in school, said Doug Lehrman, Vancouver administrator for the state Department of Children and Family Services.

Baxter was convicted in 1993 for domestic violence, Clark County senior deputy prosecutor Kim Farr said.

you've got to be joking me. doc's typically use this special little doodad that takes care of business. my dad did my son's (he's a doctor and does circ's all the time), and it looked like he was tightening a wingnut...then he was done. weird.

i'm sure glad this is typically done to babies that can't remember. i worked in an OR for a summer and there was an older guy getting it done (maybe 20 yrs?). i chatted with him for a bit, and he was scared as sh!t, rightly so.

Is he biological or one of those gay adoptive fathers.

Still 8 year boys dont need to have their packages handled or checked out by pops, though ND jr does his dad proud when he scoots around without his underoos showing relatives that he measures up to the male lineage :D

Originally posted by dchogs

you've got to be joking me. doc's typically use this special little doodad that takes care of business. my dad did my son's (he's a doctor and does circ's all the time), and it looked like he was tightening a wingnut...then he was done. weird.

i'm sure glad this is typically done to babies that can't remember. i worked in an OR for a summer and there was an older guy getting it done (maybe 20 yrs?). i chatted with him for a bit, and he was scared as sh!t, rightly so.

About 15 years ago I had my wisdom teeth removed in the hospital...same day surgery. I wake up in the recovery room to a guy screaming in pain. The nurse is saying "Mr Johnson, Mr Johnson...we'll give you something for your pain"....the guys is cursing at everyone who walks into the room. After they wheel him away I asked one of the nurses what was wrong with him. She told me he had just been circumsized :yikes:

...and I'm thinking that's why they circumsize you when you are a baby...because an adult can hit back :)

Wow. That's not a do-it-yourself project I'd recommend!

Originally posted by Destino

Don't know how gays got into this...wait nevermind....it was one of NavyDave's trademark "I can't post in a thread with out first bashing something I associate with liberals" (don't pretend I'm the only one that's noticed)

Read the article people.

In Destino's world, it's not unusual for one man to take hold of another guys' genitalia. Don't pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about Destino. :laugh:

Archived