Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrive Early for Sunday's Opener!

afparent

Arrive Early for Sunday's Opener!

September 7, 2004

It's almost here! The Redskins are set to begin their 2004 regular season by hosting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this Sunday, Sept. 12, at FedExField.

It's a sellout crowd for Joe Gibbs' return to the coaching sidelines and the Redskins want to get the message out: Arrive early!

Although kickoff is set for 1 p.m. ET, fans are advised to be inside the stadium by 12 noon.

Parking lots open at 9 a.m. and the gates to FedExField open at 11 a.m.

Team officials stress that all fans will be required to go through security checks, including pat-downs, at all entrances to the stadium.

Fans arriving early can watch performances by the Redskins Cheerleaders and the Redskins Marching Band, as well as watch players from both teams during pre-game warm-ups.

The 91,665-seat FedExField is the largest in the NFL. Sunday's game will be the first regular-season NFL contest at FedExField since its capacity was increased by 5,000 seats in the offseason.

Check back with Redskins.com all this week for updates on the latest developments pertaining to Sunday's season-opening game.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=3334

Originally posted by Synergist

I plan on being there real early, Question, Do they really keep all the gates closed until 9AM? Can you get in say like around 845?

Which gates? I'm assuming the parking lot gates, right? They never open before 9....unless you get there around 6-7 in the morning before the staff, security, and police show up...

Originally posted by Synergist

I plan on being there real early, Question, Do they really keep all the gates closed until 9AM? Can you get in say like around 845?

"Tha dito the skins fan" says he will be there at 6:00 a.m. and drunk by 7:00 a.m. He probably knows!

Originally posted by afparent

"Tha dito the skins fan" says he will be there at 6:00 a.m. and drunk by 7:00 a.m. He probably knows!

He will probably be there before the security, yes...

But, who knows this is a big game...so maybe they'll be there early.

Anyone on the board Fedex staff or ploiceman...what time do you have to report?

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

Tailgaiting will be off the hook :D I think everybody will rush the stadium around 12:50 as usual and most of the crowd will be drunk by 12:00

NOOOOOOO....rush the stadium earlier...they will be doing searches and stuff. You have to be in your seat NLT 12:55. I don't want to see any open seats on TV!!!!!

i wouldn't worry about the pat downs to much , if there anything like last year , most people will be wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts , what 's to hide . they will however ask you to open your ditial camera cases :rolleyes: like you can actually hide something in one of those things . i think mine can actually hold 4 minitures :D . what a good buzz i got drinking those at the gate :doh: :cheers:

:ravensuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Don't buy this arrive early BS. If you get there too early, you'll be bored as hell.

I arrive about 10 mins before every game. You do have to arrive earlier than you did five years ago, but you certainly don't need to arrive hours early. It rarely takes more than 20-25 minutes to get from the line outside the stadium to your seat.

I take the metro and then the bus to the stadium. It's a 30 min train ride from Falls Church, a 5-15 minute line for the bus, and a 5-7 minute bus ride. Leave 90 minutes early and you've got plenty of time to find your seat with a hot dog and a beer.

If you start drinking beer at 10am, you'll be too drunk to make sense of the 3Q and 4Q.

Originally posted by KenF

Don't buy this arrive early BS. If you get there too early, you'll be bored as hell.

I arrive about 10 mins before every game. You do have to arrive earlier than you did five years ago, but you certainly don't need to arrive hours early. It rarely takes more than 20-25 minutes to get from the line outside the stadium to your seat.

I take the metro and then the bus to the stadium. It's a 30 min train ride from Falls Church, a 5-15 minute line for the bus, and a 5-7 minute bus ride. Leave 90 minutes early and you've got plenty of time to find your seat with a hot dog and a beer.

If you start drinking beer at 10am, you'll be too drunk to make sense of the 3Q and 4Q.

Last week, when the crowd was probably only about two thirds capacity, the line for the bus took 45 minutes. It went from the spot where you get on the bus, all the way back to the entrance. In front of the metro station it serpentined back and forth about six times.

The bus ride took nearly a half an hour(Friday evening traffic, not a factor for this game), and the lines at security took 15 minutes.

This game will be full capacity. Based on last week, I'm definitely leaving early. For me there's nothing worse than realizing I'm going to miss the beginning of the game and there's nothing I can do about it.

This Sunday I don't even want to miss the player intros! I'm hoping they introduce Joe Gibbs. It's going to be an incredible atmosphere even before the game starts! There won't be anything boring about it.

I'm getting into the stadium early and I'm going to be loud!

I will be there at 9:00 a.m. as the open the lots...in the past the lots don't start filling up until around 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. I get there early and have my "breakfast of champions" (beer and sausages on the grill!!).

I hope the place is at capacity. I am getting a little depressed by the amount of no-shows at the two pre-season games. Yes, the first one had a hurricance/tropical storm warning but last Friday the weather was almost perfect...and yet 1/3 of the stadium was empty...We can't blame it on the club (yellow) seats either. All areas of the stadium had empty seats. :mad:

The 12th man needs to be a factor!!

I would definitely suggest getting there early. If the patdowns are anything like the USC game, there will be a lot of pi$$ed off people who miss the intros. Unless the Stadium skimped on the number of people doing the searches at the VT game, it will take a while to get through.

Come on people. Don't be cheap a$$es. Forgo that last beer in the parking lot and buy one early at the stadium.

Go to the gates around 12 and it will work be a lot smoother and we won't have people on here crying that they missed the start of the game because the gates were backed up.

You have been warned, especially the guy who thinks he'll waltz in ten minutes before the game.

Originally posted by skinsnatsfan

Last week, when the crowd was probably only about two thirds capacity, the line for the bus took 45 minutes. It went from the spot where you get on the bus, all the way back to the entrance. In front of the metro station it serpentined back and forth about six times.

The bus ride took nearly a half an hour(Friday evening traffic, not a factor for this game), and the lines at security took 15 minutes.

This game will be full capacity. Based on last week, I'm definitely leaving early. For me there's nothing worse than realizing I'm going to miss the beginning of the game and there's nothing I can do about it.

This Sunday I don't even want to miss the player intros! I'm hoping they introduce Joe Gibbs. It's going to be an incredible atmosphere even before the game starts! There won't be anything boring about it.

I'm getting into the stadium early and I'm going to be loud!

That is another reason everyone needs to be in their seat. I am assuming they are going to be announed as a TEAM! Therefore, there will only be one announcements "WASHINGTON REDSKINS" and all the players and Joe Gibbs will run out. If they do this, then the intros will not last as long. SO GET IN YOUR DAMN SEAT NOW!!!!!!

Originally posted by Skin-N-NY

When the players come out to warm up, do they usually get in a few autographs then?

I plan on being inside at around 12:00 or so.

Doubt that very seriously. Especially at 12:00. Once they are in uniform, they will not. Best bet is before the game when the buses come in or after game outside the entrance to the locker rooms.

Archived