Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hurricane Frances Coming Inland Over My House

GatorEye

I hope all my fellow Redskin fans will keep me in your thoughts. Hurricane Frances is moving inland right over my house in Jupiter tonight. I was in a mandatory evacuation zone. I had to pack everything of value into two cars with my wife, 18 month old son and dog. I'm in northern Florida now, but I hope I have a home to come back to.

Needless to say all my Redskin collectibles, t-shirts, and other items I have acquired over the years have the potential of being wiped out, but honestly they are pretty low on the priority list right now. Things don't look good.

Wish us luck.

Smart move, getting the family out of there. I have friends in Vero Beach that aren't as wise as you. Hope everything is OK when you get back home. My prayers are with you and evryone else dealing with this terrible thing.

Thanks to those who gave their support. It looks like I made out pretty good. A lot of trees, fences, and screens were down or destroyed in my community and a tree landed on a car, but there was no significant structural damage. We didn't have power for 3 days, but we are back up now.

I lost some roof tiles and most importantly - some school of fish will probably be enjoying the Redskins on DirecTV's Sunday Ticket since my dish got blown away. Hopefully the Tampa game will be the local game down here, but I'm not sure I can get the dish replaced before the other games start to kick in.

Thanks again everyone.

Now about Ivan...:mad:

Glad you made it back GatorEye and that things are overall pretty darned good for you. Now, maybe we just need to do some 'splaining to the DTV people. I mean, we're talking the Redskins here. Certainly they can see the significance of that. :)

Originally posted by WVSkinsfan

GatorEye,great to see you came out of that storm with just a little damage.I take it that you went to a shelter? Whats the latest news on IVAN? is he headed your way?.

We went to north Florida to ride it out with the folks. Right now Ivan appears that it would go up the west coast of Florida and hit the panhandle. That would spare me any more agravation but make things nervous for our friends on the west coast over in Tampa.

I may need to rethink beach life. These things are getting stressful. The Skins are my stress release and now I'm getting more stressed because I may not be able to watch them after I spent all this money on a DirecTV setup to watch them in HD. :mad:

I may need to say hello to Geo.

Archived