Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***NEWS FLASH***Prosecution, Alleged Victim Agree to Drop Charge Against Kobe Bryant

TC4

Originally posted by Ancalagon the Black

I had edited my post to take into account the fact that you might be assuming that it was voluntary.

If it were voluntary, then I would argue that she is MUCH WORSE than a prostitute. Prostitution is a victimless crime. In this case, she would be not only receiving money for sex, but also (probably permanently) damaging an innocent man's reputation as well.

(Innocent of crime, that is, not morally innocent.)

I agree with you 100%. Prostitution is definitely a victimless crime. :laugh:

That still doesn't let Kobe off the hook though. Professional athletes need to avoid those types of situations at all costs. Putting yourself in that situation is totally stupid and he would have been much better off paying a hooker (let's not open THAT can of worms by subjecting yourself to a police sting).

Originally posted by Destino

No it's not. All around the world right now prostitutes are being made. All it takes is a family willing to sell you, or a dark room a needle and a few weeks.

While many are no doubt happy with their life style the sex business is far from victimless.

I'll qualify the statement to be: "for those over 18 years old" prostitution should be decriminilized. Involuntary servitude is already against the law in most places. Given the recent USSC decisions this can't be far down the road.

Did anyone see this girl's pictures from her clubbing in the Globe?

Some friend(guy/boyfriend? I dont know) even had his tongue on her upper boob area.

This is 5 weeks after the alleged incident.

This story is as old as this country. And you know what I'm talking about.

Oh and her ROOMMATE was on with Greta saying the girl had a list of celebs she was going after for money, Eminem was one of them. Don't know if Kobe was mentioned as being on the list, or if the opportunity when he came to her hotel room proved too good to pass up.

Sorry, Kobe, while low for his adulterous act betraying the new mother of his child---innocent of the crime of rape.

Lots of athletes are targets and it's high time they realized this. Well, if Derrick Coleman, Webber, David Cone, Jerome Bettis, the St John's players and others don't prove it to them, then maybe Kobe's case will.

Hire a pro or have a bodyguard or camera or consent form. Seriously.

Originally posted by Cskin

So.. all profesional athletes just got a "get out jail free card" for their next sexual assault.

Get a good enough lawyer, belittle the witness and question her motives... insinuate she's a sexual predator..... drudge up her previous sexual encounters and mental problems... and VOILA.... walk away "free at last".

Disgusting!!!! Eff Kobe

Normally I would agree with you, but this case wasnt even a case at all, and now the prosecutor is admitting as much. In this country you are still innocent until PROVEN guilty BEYOND THE SHADOW OF A DOUBT! No matter who you are! When we forget that, we become just like the rest of the world. INFERIOR!

Originally posted by Cskin

So.. all profesional athletes just got a "get out jail free card" for their next sexual assault.

Get a good enough lawyer, belittle the witness and question her motives... insinuate she's a sexual predator..... drudge up her previous sexual encounters and mental problems... and VOILA.... walk away "free at last".

Disgusting!!!! Eff Kobe

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black??? You are also wealthy (not as close to kobe) but if you got in a situation I bet you could afford good representation to get yourself out of it as well.

Look this should have never even begun with. The DA took way to long to decide to go to trial over it because he knew then he didn't have a slamdunk case, and then he just wasted the taxpayers money the last year trying to even fight it. What a waste to start the juror selection and then call it, pathetic, this guy doesn't deserve to be a DA.

It is going to a civil trial which it should have been all along since it wasn't the girl he pushed the case in the first place it was the DA. She wants money for everything that happened (i don't blame her for how bad the justice system took care of her) and now she will get paid.

Originally posted by Destino

No it's not. All around the world right now prostitutes are being made. All it takes is a family willing to sell you, or a dark room a needle and a few weeks.

While many are no doubt happy with their life style the sex business is far from victimless.

I was referring to the act of prostitution in the abstract. The sex industry in general is full of victims. I have volunteered in programs attempting to stem the tide of prostitution--mostly involuntary child prostitution--in Southeast Asia. Unfortunately, demand (sadly, mostly demand from Western tourists) is so high that trying to affect supply is useless (cf. the Drug War).

On the case, I have no idea who is innocent and who is guilty. Kobe seemed awfully apologetic in his statement, but that could just be because he's trying to be humble. Who knows?

Archived