Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why?

bubba9497

I know this has been asked before, but I have yet to find an answer...

I was checking the NFL Field Pass, and the Redskins do not allow their braodcast to be used. In fact there is no way (wink) to hear Sonny & Sam online anywhere. (wink wink). If you live outside a radio/TV local station's broadcast range you are just screwed (wink wink ;) )

Why is that?...., almost all other teams do allow their broadcasts to be heard.

For all his business savy, Danny seems to be on the bottom list of teams taking advantage of the internet oppurtunities.

I work for a radio station, and we aren't allowed to feed our station to the net either, and its because of the commercials. The commercials that play nationwide, like for coke and for Ford and whatnot, are all produced by big marketing companies, and likewise are copyrighted. The marketing company will only licenase their produced audio to play on broadcast airwaves, and sometimes only within a certain broadcast area. So if its on the internet, it can be heard well outside of that broadcast area, and is also being transmitted in a different way than broadcast. Free internet radio has basically been killed by copyrighted commercials. It f-ing suxors.

I can't seem to remember where i heard the miami game wink wink

OK, WJFK does not offer their programming via the internet. Sirius DOES carry the home and away feeds for every regular season game (including the Redskins Radio Network from WJFK). The NFL had to pay Clear Channel (which owns the rights to several teams) to be able to get the Sirius deal done for every team. I guess they figure one feed from a Redskins game is enough for streaming audio, even if it is the opposing team. Question.....WTEM listeners...does WTEM ever carry the Westwood One broadcast of the Redskins even though WJFK had the offical team broadcast?

Archived