Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drew Henson???

skns4life

im just curious because i havent been able to catch any pre-season highlights...but how did the cowboys (testeverde and henson) look on saturday night...i know they got shutout (they announced it at the game :dallasuck ) but i wasnt able to catch any highlights of the game or any other game for that matter

Henson's been playing baseball for a couple years, and he only played 7 college games in his entire career. Maybe he is the spectacular prospect everyone thinks he is....but I still think he'll need a lot of time.

I only saw the highlights from espn, but to be honest, and I'm not just saying this because he plays for the Cowboys, but his whole delivery looked weird.......he looked he pushes the ball when he throws, sorta like a girl would try and throw it........he may have good arm strength, but the highlights they showed on espn definitely didn't show it. I also understand that his high completion percentage was because Dallas was doing nothing more than throwing little dump-offs, because that's about the extent of their offense right now.........not that our offenses is much better.

Now you KNOW if Parcells is keeping him around that he's definitely better than expected. AND, if Parcells was willing to let Carter go, then he must be VERY confident in what Henson can do. We should probably just accept the fact that the Cowboys and the Tuna will ALWAYS put a tough team on the field and just hope the Skins are tougher.

Originally posted by Chachie

Now you KNOW if Parcells is keeping him around that he's definitely better than expected. AND, if Parcells was willing to let Carter go, then he must be VERY confident in what Henson can do.

The basis of this statement is allwrong. They gave up a 3rd round pick and signed him to a contract that included a guaranteed $3.5 million, so his performance in camp so far is irrelevant. He was going to be on the roster.

And, I see letting Quincy go and Henson's future as being mutually exclusive propositions. I think Carter was out as soon as Parcells signed Testaverde.

Originally posted by GB81

The basis of this statement is allwrong. They gave up a 3rd round pick and signed him to a contract that included a guaranteed $3.5 million, so his performance in camp so far is irrelevant. He was going to be on the roster.

And, I see letting Quincy go and Henson's future as being mutually exclusive propositions. I think Carter was out as soon as Parcells signed Testaverde.

They brought him in to see if he can be a future "messiah" in the first place. If he were a choking dog right away, I don't think they would have let Carter go. I don't think Carter was out as soon as Vinny came in. I think Carter was out as soon as Henson looked capable of growing into a good QB.

Nobody ( and definitely not an NFL head coach) would assume at this point in his career that Vinny is A-OKAY for a full season. That's just irresponsible. Carter was slated to go in starting. He must have screwed up BADLY somewhere (maybe the drugs?) and Parcells figured "Thanks to Drew, I have 2 QBs I am comfortable with, so I can set an example with Carter."

I was just addressing your statement that you "KNOW" he is better than expected by how the Carter situation played out and because they "are keeping him." There was never a question that they were keeping him.

And, word out of Dallas is that the play of Tony Romo sits to pee, and not Drew Henson, is the reason they were ok with dropping Carter.

So, I disagree.

I was just addressing your statement that you "KNOW" he is better than expected by how the Carter situation played out and because they "are keeping him." There was never a question that they were keeping him.

And, word out of Dallas is that the play of Tony Romo sits to pee, and not Drew Henson, is the reason they were ok with dropping Carter.

So, I disagree.

All good! I know NOTHING about Romo sits to pee, so maybe you got it right. The gist of what I was originally saying was that those DAMNED Cowboys will always come out smelling like a rose, even if they fall in the same sh*tpile we do. :)

All good! I know NOTHING about Romo sits to pee, so maybe you got it right. The gist of what I was originally saying was that those DAMNED Cowboys will always come out smelling like a rose, even if they fall in the same sh*tpile we do. :)

Yeah, I'm with you. However, we can hope that by the time Henson is ready to start, Parcells will have retired again...for the 5th time. The downside is, their DC Mike Zimmer will probably make a greeat HC someday. We can't win...

This thread is too long.

To wrap it up....

Henson sucks

Vinny sucks

Romo sits to pee sucks

E George sucks

Jones sucks

Parcells sucks (until he retires or changes teams)

K Johnson sucks

Roy Williams sucks

Newman sucks

It's the Cowboys we're talking here.....they all suck as long as they have that uniform on.

Thread over.

Originally posted by Skins24

This thread is too long.

To wrap it up....

Henson sucks

Vinny sucks

Romo sits to pee sucks

E George sucks

Jones sucks

Parcells sucks (until he retires or changes teams)

K Johnson sucks

Roy Williams sucks

Newman sucks

It's the Cowboys we're talking here.....they all suck as long as they have that uniform on.

Thread over.

While I LOVE the sentiment, that post just brought the IQ level of this thread down about 40 points. :)

I've got to default back to Dallas' love for pulling guys from baseball teams to play QB, Hutchinson, Carter, and now Henson...

I figure there's a reason he only played 7 games at QB and then went into a crappy pro baseball career when he was projectred so high in football. I don't know what that reason is, but i idon't figure it bodes well for dallas. Maybe he has no drive to play football, maybe he's just doing it cause he got hyped up and could cash in on it?

I mean really, what did he have to do at that passing show he put on for the owners? throw a few balls down the field accurately...well hell he'd been doing nothing but throwing stuff around for 3 or 4 years.

While I LOVE the sentiment, that post just brought the IQ level of this thread down about 40 points. :)

Eh, big deal. We'r- they're discussing the Cowboys so it couldn't be to high in the first place :)

Especiall with posts like this:

Kinda reminded me of a young Aikman to tell the truth. This kid has the arm and presence. A year or 2 from now he will be a pro bowler.

:doh:

....Preseason people....

Originally posted by Skins24

Eh, big deal. We'r- they're discussing the Cowboys so it couldn't be to high in the first place :)

Especiall with posts like this:

:doh:

....Preseason people....

Don't dog on me for my observation its my opinion not yours. I hate the cowboys as much as you but I though the kid played well and it was his first game in a long time.

I like to bash the cowboys just as much as the next skins fan I wouldnt be a Redskin fan if I didn't but this isnt one of those run of the mill bash whoever you can message boards now is it.

How do you know that Parcells didn't design a game plan to have his young QB get a lot of completions and build his confidence up. This guy needs confidence and game experience among other things. Completing a lot of passes, though short ones, builds confidence and gets his feet wet for his first preseason game ever. The guy hasn't played a game in years, much less playing any game.

I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a Pro Bowl QB. It is way to early to say he will or will not, however.

Henson's been playing baseball for a couple years, and he only played 7 college games in his entire career.

Henson played 25 college football games at Michigan. He didn't start his first two seasons because Tom Brady was there, but Henson did rotate into games, usually in the second or third quarter (in other words, he didn't just play in garbage time). He missed a couple of games with an injury at the start of his junior season, then started the last eight games of the year (throwing 18 TDs with only four interceptions). He skipped his senior season.

Yes, he does have a low delivery point right now. So have a lot of other successful quarterbacks. At 6-foot-4, it's not as big of an issue as it would be if he were only 6-1 or 6-2. But it's something he'll work on to change.

As far as how he looked Saturday, he wasn't too bad for his first live competition in more than three years. And no, he didn't just throw dumpoff passes, as someone claimed in this thread. Of his 11 passes, seven were thrown to wide receivers (plus another wiped out by a penalty). Three of those completions went for 27, 16 and 26 yards, and one incompletion was thrown into the end zone from the 28. He did lock onto a receiver on his interception, which was a mistake. But he threw very well on the run (going to both sides), which is something the Cowboys' quarterbacks haven't done well in a long time. All in all, it was a good starting point for him, nothing more, nothing less.

So, I disagree.

You don't know what you're talking about. Tony Romo sits to pee has easily had the worst qb camp. Everyone thought he'd be gone if it weren't for carter being cut...

Archived