Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drew Henson???

skns4life

Originally posted by Fred Jones

How do you know that Parcells didn't design a game plan to have his young QB get a lot of completions and build his confidence up. This guy needs confidence and game experience among other things. Completing a lot of passes, though short ones, builds confidence and gets his feet wet for his first preseason game ever.

Maybe because I watched the game and henson was throwing it down field and showed great presence in the pocket with his completion to Randall Williams...

I have NOT seen Drew Henson throw ONE ball. I am basing my "fear" (for lack of a better word) of him on the fact that an ex-baseball player "project/experiment" is NOT something I would see Bill Parcells initiating or even agreeing to. If Henson was offered a contract, and is STILL AROUND, when last year's 10-6 starter is NOT, he must be impressing the Tuna. Mainly because Vinny Testeverde (with all due respect to a really solid QB) is NOT going to play 16 games this year.

Once again, we're reading too much into preseason performances. I don't believe that Henson will EVER be a star in the NFL. It rarely works out that way when somebody stays away from football for that long. He's Hutchinson all over again, with perhaps a bit more of a reputation.

If we anointed people as future stars based on their first preseason game, Waffle would have led us to the promise land by now, or Hasselbeck would be our starter. I don't care how good his stats were, this means absolutely zilch.

Archived