Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll

Bazooka Tooth

I love college ball. My money will be on OU and USC during the season, but my darkhorse pick is Clemson (Whitehurst is a beast at QB) with Cal surprising folks as well. Don't sleep on ASU this season, either, not that they will make the National Championship or anything, but expect big improvements out here in the desert.

Miami is always a contender, but without consistency at QB, (Brock Berlin isn't great IMO) I don't see them going undefeated or making top 5 this year.

Pac-10 teams I predict to be a safe bet this season, just looking at the PAC-10 record in bowl games over the past couple years, it's a safe bet.

UConn is getting their football program together, so is Miss St.

Originally posted by illone

UConn is getting their football program together.

Watch out for UCONN this year. Orlovsky is the real deal and they are underrated on the Defensive side of the ball. Coach Randy Edsell is going to make a name for himself this season.

Charlie Whitehurst is the 2nd most overrated player behind Jason White in college football. He can't throw and is an overrated runner as well...Clemson seems to be enamored with those types of guys that can make the occasional spectacular play, but can never put it together for a full game. Woody Dantzler was very similar.

I'm predicting right now that Clemson will not be in the top 25 come the end of the season.

I'm putting my money on LSU to repeat.

UVA will surprise they have outstanding LB's. Amhad Brooks and Blackstock are both 1st rounders. Parham will be a high pick has well. The biggest surprise will be QB Marquis Hagans he is gonna be a serious double threat that kid can break 1 at any time and should have a huge year. Wally Lundy is back and does anybody know the status of Michael Johnson is he gonna stay at Rb or was his postion switched coming off his redshirt year? The kid is super fast and could be a hellva RB I think on the college level.

UVA just needs play from its Wr's and Secondary and they can be a top 10 team. Thier rushing attack will be 1 of the very best.

Originally posted by dave18256

Watch out for UCONN this year. Orlovsky is the real deal and they are underrated on the Defensive side of the ball. Coach Randy Edsell is going to make a name for himself this season.

Yea, UConn seems to be making improvements lately, since they havent been putting all their eggs in one basket, (no pun intended, lol) I should take a closer look at their schedule and see if there are any freebees, hehe.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Charlie Whitehurst is the 2nd most overrated player behind Jason White in college football. He can't throw and is an overrated runner as well...Clemson seems to be enamored with those types of guys that can make the occasional spectacular play, but can never put it together for a full game. Woody Dantzler was very similar.

I'm predicting right now that Clemson will not be in the top 25 come the end of the season.

I'm putting my money on LSU to repeat.

After last years Sugar Bowl performance, I think people see Jason White for the deadbeat he is, at least I know I do. That game was hard to watch, he made me nervous everytime he took a snap. As far a Whitehurst is concerned, maybe I havent watched him enough but what I have seen of him, he shines. I watched him in the Fl St game last year and he outperformed Rix and the other guy that took some snaps.... He also had a great game against tennessee. Not sure how you are calling him overrated, most people don't give him alot of credit and the media hasn't said much about him. You might be right though, they could either really surprise people, or just have a mediocre year like last year, but that why they are more of a darkhorse pick for me.

I like LSU, but I think they will slip. SC has the cake schedule, and OU will get revenge on K State.

Originally posted by Bazooka Tooth

Here is the preseason poll for this years college football. I was happy to see WVU ranked #11. I am just hoping that they don't blow it this year. They have a strong team and a weak schedule. It would be sweet to see them make a BCS bowl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1849109

With WVA's weak schedule, they can almost cruise to a Big East Championship. They'll STILL get crushed by the Terps again.

:D

Marquise Hagans is back at Qb after switching between Wr,QB and punt returner last year. The kid is only 5-11 but he is elusive has hell and can really run. He like a real good Rb playing QB. He also has a decent passing game but its still improving. The kid is gonna shock alot of people this year including you obviously. UVA will pound the ball and play top notch defense Al Groh really has the 3-4 working in thier front 7. They are defintely a top 25 team and I think they can be a top 10 team.

FSU opens at Miami. That is going to be a great game. Winner of that one will be my favorite for the title.

Florida at 10 seems about right to me. Chris Leaks is awesome. He can sigle handedly get them 9 wins.

WVU has a cake schedule. The Big East is bad.

I hope USC chokes. I've heard enough about them being great over here in Cali to last a lifetime. Everyone forgets that they lost to a horrible team in CAL last year, and that the program was in shambles just a few years ago. If Mike Williams doesn't get let back in do tou think the NFL will give him a suplemental draft as an exception?

Glad to see people discounting BC in the Big East race this year. They are the 2nd best team in their final year in the lousy conference. I don't think that they are so far behind WVU in terms of talent that they can't knock them off. UConn is improving but they are not anywhere near as good as some of you seem to think they'll be.

USC has lost to Cal two years in a row. My money is on revenge factor there, even though Cal seems to have SC's # as of late.

The only other team that could cause USC to stumble would be WAZU. Other than that, you might as well bet your rent money on USC in week one, cuz they are going to lay the wood on VTech.

Originally posted by BDBuddy23

With WVA's weak schedule, they can almost cruise to a Big East Championship. They'll STILL get crushed by the Terps again.

:D

MD seems to be WVU's toughest game this year. I think that with the number of returning starters that they will finally be able to put MD back in its place. You can't really think that the 10 win seasons are going to last forever. The terps are honestly one fat guys heart attack away from going back to their 5 and 6 win seasons. If that were to happen, Byrd stadium would empty out and 2,000 fans will once again start showing up to games each week. The bandwagon will once again lose its wheels, and the fans will be uncovered for their true fair weather tendancies. This is just an opinion. :2cents:

Originally posted by Trevor

Glad to see people discounting BC in the Big East race this year. They are the 2nd best team in their final year in the lousy conference. I don't think that they are so far behind WVU in terms of talent that they can't knock them off. UConn is improving but they are not anywhere near as good as some of you seem to think they'll be.

BC is going to be a tough one this year. I agree with you that they are not really getting any resepect.

Archived