Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles fan here !!!!!

TerpsEagles

Originally posted by jbooma

Since you are new someone here has to tell you some rules:

1. Only one Eagle thread a day.

2. You have to agree that McNabb can't hit the side of the barn.

3. No crying about TO on this site, we don't have the space.

4. Dallas is our common enemy :)

5. You can't say your team is better untill you sniff a superbowl :D

Let me know if you have any questions, and welcome aboard :cheers: :laugh:

1. Gotcha

2. hmmmmm, i'll just not discuss his accuracy at all... b/c even when he does hit the barn... ala the NFCC game last year... it bounced off and into the waiting arms of R. Manning JR. :mad:

3. No problem. Does that go for Skins fans after he torches Springs again?

:cool:

4. Dallas Sucks. Firsts words Eagles fans are taught.

5. Oh I sniffed a SuperBowl.... Jan 25, 1981.... and it smelled like shyt !!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

no questions at this time.... :cheers::D

Originally posted by webpeznet

Just out of curiousity, I have never been to a philly forum. Are there any worries about TO potentially causing problems with the stability of the team?

The worry is small. There's plenty of veteran leadership still in the lockerroom even with the loss of four starters to FA. TO's contract is structured so that if there is a problem, he gets his cash and the Eagles don't take much of a cap hit if they go their separate ways at the end of next season.

There's more worry about secondary than about TO.

Well,

no need to start a new thread for another Eagles fan! ;)

I am really looking forward to this NFL Season 2004!

I think that the NFC East will be one of the best divisions in pro football, again, if not THE best!

Besides the Gnats, everybody made great moves: the Eagles signing TO and Da Freak, Bill Parcells is in his second season with the Girls, and the Redsksins made some blockbuster moves in adding Joe Gibbs and Clinton Portis.

Let's hope that everyone stays injury-free!

Here's my quick (and way too early) prediction:

1. Eagles 12-4

2. Skins 9-7

3. Boys 9-7

4. Giants 6-10

Originally posted by webpeznet

Just out of curiousity, I have never been to a philly forum. Are there any worries about TO potentially causing problems with the stability of the team?

..for me personally... there was some concern in the beginning... i mean I saw the same TO clips and highlights everyone else did... and only knew what I heard or saw.... but after reading everything I could and watching everything I could... .i'm really not worried at all...... a lot gets misinterpreted about TO... the incident w/ him yelling at his coach on the sideline... well, that coach was quoted saying he didn't know why that got blown out and played and replayed the way it did.... he said Steve Young and Jerry Rice used to yell at him a lot more than TO did.... said it was just his competitive nature and they were fine after the game..... he and DMac have been hanging out together in AZ a little this offseason, along w/ Westbrook, Pinkston, Freddie and a few others.... I think they are building better chemistry than we've ever had on the Eagles....

and lastly, as Blazers pointed out... there is a lot of veteran leadership on our team that will keep things in check... not sure they had any of that in SF the last year or so...

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

and lastly, as Blazers pointed out... there is a lot of veteran leadership on our team that will keep things in check... not sure they had any of that in SF the last year or so...

Good point!

The Niners didn't have any leader on and off the field. But the Eagles have guys like Donovan, Brian Dawkins and Michael Lewis.

I think the Eagles won't have big problems with the team chemistry, not this year! But if they fail (winning the Super Bowl), things could change quickly.

Since you are new someone here has to tell you some rules:

1. Only one Eagle thread a day.

2. You have to agree that McNabb can't hit the side of the barn.

3. No crying about TO on this site, we don't have the space.

4. Dallas is our common enemy :)

5. You can't say your team is better untill you sniff a superbowl :D

Let me know if you have any questions, and welcome aboard :cheers: :laugh:

1- That's fair!

2- How big is the barn?

3- Trust us....we won't....you guys complain about him more than we ever will.

4- AMEN!

5- How about we can't say in the 80's or 90's we can't say we were better, but right now....you must have fell off a jungle gym to think any different! You guys need to getcha weight up before you start talking sideways like that!

one other rule

6. No more then 4 eagle fans in one thread, so you guys will need to know where all of you are :D

Number 5 who cares if you not better all people will remember of you guys is your are the bills who couldn't even make it to the big game :)

our offseason isn't that bad :laugh: remember 4th and 26 keep hope alive :laugh: :laugh:

You have ONE more season to take it, or we will show you how to do it next year :point2sky

To: Eagles Fans

Yeah, fair enough your team is better now and has been for the last 4/5 years OK thats fair..... but historically (no disrespect) you guys arent yet on our level.

Part of the reason some of us, or OK most of us are so fired up is because we became used to Winning during the late 70's, entire 80's and early 90's so we are on a serious withdrawl from being removed from our Glory Days!

6. No more then 4 eagle fans in one thread, so you guys will need to know where all of you are

Well, now that you have us all in one place... :D

TE complaining about his avatar got me thinking - when I reach 5000, I'll get to choose which Redskins HOF'er to mock. Though that's a long way off and Art will probably ban me at 4999 for daring to say the Eagles have an effective running game considering the way Reid runs the WCO. ;)

Originally posted by Blazers21

Well, now that you have us all in one place... :D

TE complaining about his avatar got me thinking - when I reach 5000, I'll get to choose which Redskins HOF'er to mock. Though that's a long way off and Art will probably ban me at 4999 for daring to say the Eagles have an effective running game considering the way Reid runs the WCO. ;)

McNabb is not a bad RB, we agree :D

They can use TO since we all know it will be easier for McNabb to complete a pass by handing it off :laugh:

If I recall, didn't he hop skip and jump through the entire Redskins' team a couple of years ago on the way to a long TD run? Not a bad suggestion - let me get on the phone to big Andy. ;)

They can use TO since we all know it will be easier for McNabb to complete a pass by handing it off :laugh:

Theres a reason McNabb plays in a WCO; he doesnt have to throw passes any farther than 15 yards (see Bang's McNabb simulators for examples). ;)

If I recall, didn't he hop skip and jump through the entire Redskins' team a couple of years ago on the way to a long TD run? Not a bad suggestion - let me get on the phone to big Andy. ;)

nothing matters pre Gibbs :D soon you will see the light

Originally posted by helluvaskinsfan

all enemies are welcome as long as they act respectable but i'm not gonna go as far as to wish the iggles luck

Here, here! :cheers:

As many people here do, I appreciate enemy fans showing respect, since they are on our turf, but I can't say that I hope the Beagles do well. I will go as far to say that I don't want to see any injuries, pre-season or regular, but wishing an enemy luck makes about as much sense to me as pouring sugar in my own gas tank.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

The closer we get to the season, the closer we get to the divison game, the more hostile the environment will get!!!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

nothing matters pre Gibbs :D soon you will see the light

Trust me, I know what Gibbs can do. Also remember, he's not up against Marion Campbell, Buddy Ryan, or Tricky Dick Kotite anymore either. Reid is just as ultra-competitive and ultra-organized as Gibbs. There should be some momentous battles in the coming seasons.

Trust me, I know what Gibbs can do. Also remember, he's not up against Marion Campbell, Buddy Ryan, or Tricky Dick Kotite anymore either. Reid is just as ultra-competitive and ultra-organized as Gibbs. There should be some momentous battles in the coming seasons.

I hate to put a damper on your parade but Kotite and even Ryan wern't bad coaches at all. Ryan should have never been a HC but he knew his defenses.

Reid is a good HC but his inability to adapt is and has been his downfall. How many of those NFC championship games would the Eagles have won if Andy had more on his mind then a philly cheese steak? ;)

:laugh: Reid has never coached against Gibbs (as a HC), but it will be interesting to see. I wouldn't go as far to say that he is as competitive as Gibbs - I don't know that ANYONE is as competitve as Gibbs. Will Reid stay up all night trying to figure out a way to beat the Redskins? Cowboys? How about the Panthers (sorry, have to throw this one in there)?

:laugh: :eaglesuck

Archived